02-14-12 01:00 PM
35 12
tools
    I think Donald Rumsfeld, for all of his faults and lies said it best:

"Reports that say that something has or hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."
    02-14-12 09:05 AM
    Great movie. Miracle MAx's line could be RIM's mantra and strategy....

"You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles."
    02-14-12 09:09 AM
    Great movie. Miracle MAx's line could be RIM's mantra and strategy....

"You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles."
    Or

Inigo Montoya: He's dead. He can't talk.
    Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
    Inigo Montoya: What's that?
    Miracle Max:
    Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

RIM is not all dead. BB10 is their magic pill lol.
    02-14-12 10:48 AM
    "I don't know about too many things.
    I know what I know if you know what I mean."
    02-14-12 12:17 PM
    lol. OP How very Donald Rumsfeld of you!!

"We know there are known knowns: there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are things we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns the ones we don't know we don't know."
    How about this one from one of our esteemed previous Prime Ministers, Jean Chretien:

"No, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." - Jean Chretien
    02-14-12 12:32 PM
    Or

Inigo Montoya: He's dead. He can't talk.
    Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
    Inigo Montoya: What's that?
    Miracle Max:
    Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

RIM is not all dead. BB10 is their magic pill lol.
    Maybe Alec Saunders is the right guy to force that big pill down RIM's throat!
    02-14-12 12:33 PM
    I just received an email for a webinar on the 21st. See the topic below! Could this be a sneak peak at the release date?

Everything your business customers need from a tablet, everything they expect from the BlackBerry solution. The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet with PlayBook OS 2.0, brings together the best of BlackBerry communications, powerful productivity tools, favorite applications and the collaboration and communication tools to help make the most out of every opportunity.
    Attend this FREE presentation and discover how BlackBerry PlayBook delivers the performance professionals need to keep up with the speed of business and the portability to stay productive anywhere. Attendees will have a chance to win a BlackBerry 16GB PlayBook tablet*.

Presenter: Sean McManus, Director, Platform Advocacy, Research In Motion Ltd.
    Bio: Sean McManus is the Director of Platform Advocacy in the Enterprise Business Unit of Research In Motion (RIM), makers of the BlackBerry smartphone and PlayBook™ tablet. Sean is responsible for articulating RIM's Platform and Collaboration Strategy to large global accounts. Sean has over 20 years’ experience selling and marketing advanced voice solutions, including call centres, unified messaging, IP Telephony and IVR. Prior to joining RIM, Sean worked at IBM Global Services and a number of private firms in the voice and telecom industry.
    * Attendee must be present for the duration of the presentation to be eligible to win the BlackBerry PlayBook. Winner will be chosen through a random ballot draw.

Subject to RIM's Privacy Policy, which can be found here, if you do not wish to receive future email communications about RIM and/or BlackBerry products or services, please click here or write to:
    Attn: Unsubscribe GBO, Research In Motion, 295 Phillip St., Waterloo, ON, Canada, N2L 3W8
    2012 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry, RIM, Research In Motion and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. RIM05019
    02-14-12 12:37 PM
    In other news, I noticed on the front page that RIM has extended the free Playbook offer to developers until March 2nd. I wonder if we are looking at early to mid-March now for possible release.

I'm just speculating, but the fact that RIM is not releasing an exact date is suspicious.
    This has nothing to dowith the release date. It only extends the free Playbook offer because they had a greater number of developers register than expected. I have no idea why people insist on repeating this when even common sense would clearly indicate that whether developers submit their apps today or six months from today, what possible bearing can it have on the release date??
    02-14-12 12:38 PM
    "So clearly, I must drink from this glass..."
    "You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work...What's what? I don't see anything..."
    02-14-12 12:50 PM
    I'm guessing we'll probably see the BlackBerry Bridge update on the 17th, MAYBE, and this is a big maybe, we might see BlackBerry desktop software updated that same day. Since the 17th is a friday, if something goes wrong you don't have people there to sort the problem. Monday is a holiday here in Canada, Specifically here in Ontario and Alberta (If I remember correctly) Which is why I highly doubt it'll be released on this coming Monday. So that means the 17th is out of the question using this ratoonale, the 20th is also out. This leaves the second date, the second most frequently rumoured date is the 21st. If we were to be guessing based on what little we know, it seems somewhat logicial that the 21st would be the release date for OS 2.0
    02-14-12 01:00 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD