does anyone know if there is a task list app with the 2.0 release?
    01-16-12 01:29 AM
    Haven't seen it mentioned - think it's just mail contacts and calendar.
    Stuck with bridging I guess, if your not a BB phone user then in think Conqu looks like your best bet...

Free Conqu - Download Conqu - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    01-16-12 02:42 AM
    There's a nice new app called Conqu with a clean UI in AppWorld... and the best part is it's FREE!
    01-16-12 06:35 AM
    Ah, but you have to subscribe ($15 monthly) to sync with PC...
    Outlook does this for free...
    01-16-12 10:15 AM
    No Task app = big problem, at least for me.

Sorry, but I live or die by task management, and so do many, many business people. As proof, look at the popularity of Getting Things Done, Franklin Covey and many other time/task management methods.

Playbook OS 2.0 looks fantastic from a mail/calendar/contacts perspective, but I really really hope they add at least the same level of Task functionality they have in smartphone OS 6 and 7. That includes the ability to sync with Outlook.

Think of it this way - with iOS 4 there was no task app, but Apple just added it in iOS5. If it's missing from Playbook OS 2.0 then RIM is still behind in functionality. Without a Task app that syncs to Outlook I'm truly not sure how I can use the Playbook (use native Playbook email for that, and Bridge to get to the task app on my Berry ).

Cr@p - I have no idea how I missed this - good catch, Capper. I guess that's an indication of how exciting the rest of OS 2.0 is.

- R.
    01-16-12 12:54 PM
    There is a Bridge version on 1.0.8 that syncs with Outlook. I don't recall seeing a native task app in any of the 2.0 demo videos I watched but since the native PIM apps are supposed to replace the existing bridge apps I would assume that this one will be native as well or left as a bridge app in the release version as will BBM. I don't imagine though that a native Tasks app would be anywhere near aas complex as BBM.
    01-16-12 02:43 PM
    There's always Toodledo which has a web interface and various (mainly 3rd party) sync options with other systems.

It does GTD and is not bad to use on the PB, given the screen and there is a mobile friendly layout at toodledo.com/slim

Works for me..
    Last edited by filbert42; 01-16-12 at 03:16 PM. Reason: clarify url
    01-16-12 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD