I'm also curious as to how the native email works over the bridge. What is the point of having bridge email when native email works over the bridge?
    Bridge email requires separate authentication - and requires connection to your phone to connect to email. As soon as Bridge disconnects - no Bridge "data" such as mails, contacts are to be found on the Playbook... It is safe and secure...

Perhaps one day we will get some "safe storage" on the Playbook to use for "private" data - our own integrated "true crypt" ... with one singe-sign-on password for all "sensitive" data..
    02-23-12 11:29 AM
    Hey all. I'm having the exact same problems, but I tried a few more things that might help narrow down the issue:

• I get the exact same error when trying to set up ActiveSync Exchange at work as I do with my gmail account.
    • I tried 2 different wifi connections- home and work, and both have the same issue.
    • I opened the OS 2.0 VMWare simulator image (I'm a developer) and both my gmail account and my work ActiveSync work perfectly with default settings on that VM. The PC I was using also uses the same wifi network as my PB, so I doubt it's the router blocking.
    • The only thing I can think of is if the upgrade path from OS 1 had an issue, or if I installed some app that's causing a conflict. Does anyone know a way to do a clean install of PB OS 2.0?

This seems to be a common issue, so if anyone from RIM is reading, please look into patching this?

Thanks!
    02-23-12 01:41 PM
    That fixed the problem- do a security wipe (backup first of course) and it will install OS 2.0 from scratch. All my accounts work beautifully now.
    jasysguy likes this.
    02-23-12 04:07 PM
    I was working fine for the first day. Second day, got the error. Third day, fine, but nothing since. Think I'll try the security wipe.... sigh.
    02-24-12 10:12 AM
    After struggling with getting this working following the os2 drop, Gmail worked then didn't... Never could get MS exchange to work... Finally bit the bullet and did the security wipe.

Wah-lah! Just set everything up with no issues. Still running it through the paces, but so far the sync process with MS exchange and Gmail is rock solid.

Finally realizing the email, contacts & calendar promise of os2

Strongly suggest a security wipe for those still having issues
    02-24-12 10:23 AM
    02-24-12 11:29 AM
    What are you saying, that it will only work with 2-step verification?
    02-24-12 11:33 AM
    This only applies if you're using two-step authentication, not in general. Most people have fixed this problem by doing a security wipe and re-installing OS 2.0 from scratch.
    02-24-12 11:39 AM
    Yes, well, the security wipe seems to have done it, am able to connect now. But, it was working 2 days ago too, so am apprehensive until it stays working for a longer time.

thanks everyone.
    02-24-12 11:43 AM
    Did security wipe and un/reinstall for both devices yesterday.
    Tried the steps above.
    Get to the certificates page, then it fails.

Continuously getting server cannot be reached error.
    Any other suggestions, please?
    02-24-12 12:04 PM
    So does Gmail activesync still work after a few days when you do a security wipe?

I'm having the same problem as the OP with Gmail and work email activesync. Please let me know if it still works after a few days... Before I do a full security wipe. Thanks!
    02-24-12 08:30 PM
    I found that disabling the bridge to my Torch fixed all my Yahoo and Gmail problems. Is it that simple?
    02-24-12 08:48 PM
    Security wipe worked for me too. The first time I set up native email accounts was when Bridge was running (I was not in a wifi zone and was anxious to set up and check out OS2). I made sure not to replicate that process after the wipe. Perhaps that was the issue.
    02-25-12 06:59 AM
    I started getting the message about incorrect password, username, server, etc. last night, and tried several things but none worked. . . . . . My password has numbers in it also, and I was using the enhanced popup keyboard with the number keys on the top row for those numbers. I decided to use the numbers that appear on the left side of the popup keyboard (not the top row), and gmail accepted it right away. No problem since then with authentication. . . . . Perhaps playbook is sending the characters incorrectly when using the top row keys for numbers!!
    02-28-12 12:56 PM
    I can't believe so many of you have been rebuilding your playbook or waiting for a Blackberry fix. This is actually a GMAIL issue, not a Playbook problem. To fix, simply click on the following google URL. Enter your GMAIL password. Wait 10 minutes and then reboot your playbook. GMAIL will then work normally

https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha
    02-29-12 02:27 AM
    Here's another link to an explanation of possible reasons:

My client isn't accepting my username and password - Gmail Help
    02-29-12 08:58 AM
    I can't believe so many of you have been rebuilding your playbook or waiting for a Blackberry fix. This is actually a GMAIL issue, not a Playbook problem. To fix, simply click on the following google URL. Enter your GMAIL password. Wait 10 minutes and then reboot your playbook. GMAIL will then work normally

https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha
    i honestly thought this solution was going to be it for me...but it wasn't. Neither were any of the others suggested in this thread.

The only thing I haven't tried is doing the security wipe. such bs !
    07-25-12 12:45 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD