Not enough info....
    02-06-12 03:57 PM
    No sure I can get too exited if Video chat is NOT enabled to contact others that do NOT have a PB. Skype would be ok and please bring over all the android apps or just sell yourself to Microsoft already...
    02-06-12 04:20 PM
    How do you know it is the customer 2.0 and not the developers beta 2.0 that has been out for a while??
    Doesn't say when this will come out...so Meh.
    I hope you're joking.....beta!....lol
    02-06-12 04:51 PM
    Though I have no facts to base it on, I think that by the end of the week, there will be a solid release date, plus a lot more info about feature. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of officially sanctioned leaks as well as announcements from Devcon. But, if there was a single brain cell left in the RIM marketing dept., they would already be running TV spots to build hype leading up to the release. I never cease to be amazed at how bad RIM's marketing is.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-06-12 04:56 PM
    I don't care about the window ad.

Anyone else starting to get a little excited at all most having a new device? I mean kind of like going from win98 to xp.
    TheStanger likes this.
    02-06-12 05:06 PM
    I haven't seen a company promote a product if it isn't completed so this is a good sign that 2.0 is close.

Now its just a waiting game to see which day in Feb it is coming out. By the looks of it we will know tomorrow at dev.
    02-06-12 05:14 PM
    please show me where someone in this thread REQUESTED a wall of text.

we simply criticized this ad, since it gives NO info about 2.0 at all.

pretend for a moment, that, this ad is the first you've heard of 2.0.....it doesnt answer ANY of the questions that will spring to mind.
    The "we" is you and you did spell out in your first post how it should address all five W's of marketing. Did you forget that already? It is a simple display to attract attention, not a test case in someone's marketing class. I take it by your logic Apple's early marketing of the iPod was a total failure, since there was no text (spoken or otherwise) and just colorful profiles of people dancing, etc.. Verizon's early marketing of Android must have also been a failure since it never mentioned what "droid" was either in print or television versions. Just relax and accept that there are multiple means of marketing and a sign in a store window is hardly grounds for a critique of a marketing campaign.
    rjedge54 likes this.
    02-06-12 05:26 PM
    Lol at the apple reflection in the window...
    02-06-12 05:29 PM
    Though I have no facts to base it on, I think that by the end of the week, there will be a solid release date, plus a lot more info about feature. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of officially sanctioned leaks as well as announcements from Devcon. But, if there was a single brain cell left in the RIM marketing dept., they would already be running TV spots to build hype leading up to the release. I never cease to be amazed at how bad RIM's marketing is.
    Yeah, I cannot believe that there is no promo, no advertising going on on TV or anything else. Why is this SO hard?
    02-06-12 05:31 PM
    it isn't really informative is it?
    no release date, or mention of features.
    Haha, another marketing fail! RIM got a great product but still need to straighten up their marketing act.
    02-06-12 05:34 PM
    The "we" is you.

so, i guess i am all the forum users criticing the window ad in this thread...oh yes, i am using multiple handles to express the same opinion. you got me
    02-06-12 05:37 PM
    Haha, another marketing fail! RIM got a great product but still need to straighten up their marketing act.

Probably a slow process thing with the new CEO and stuff.. So should see revamped advertising for new products released as he promised
    02-06-12 05:39 PM
    The "we" is you and you did spell out in your first post how it should address all five W's of marketing. Did you forget that already? It is a simple display to attract attention, not a test case in someone's marketing class. I take it by your logic Apple's early marketing of the iPod was a total failure, since there was no text (spoken or otherwise) and just colorful profiles of people dancing, etc.. Verizon's early marketing of Android must have also been a failure since it never mentioned what "droid" was either in print or television versions. Just relax and accept that there are multiple means of marketing and a sign in a store window is hardly grounds for a critique of a marketing campaign.
    Odds are that isn't supposed to be displayed yet, so perhaps a print or TV ad campaign is to follow, much like that of Droid. But surely you're not comaring the popularity of the Playbook with iPod, even way back in those early 'dancing silhouette' days.

Furthermore, how do you market features in a tablet that should have been there in the first place (in the mind of the average consumer). The PlayBook touting autocorrect would be like the iPhone touting copy/paste when it finally got it�
    02-06-12 05:49 PM
    The picture down in the right hand corner is the same one from the developers blog with the new ui and curious date of Thurs Feb 16 2012. If Rim is now publicly showing that photo of os2 with that date than one can only assume it will be here no later than the date shown.
    02-06-12 05:59 PM
    The picture down in the right hand corner is the same one from the developers blog with the new ui and curious date of Thurs Feb 16 2012. If Rim is now publicly showing that photo of os2 with that date than one can only assume it will be here no later than the date shown.
    You have better eyes than I.
    02-06-12 06:02 PM
    It got us all talking about it.
    02-06-12 06:25 PM
    Should also mention that if you don't have WiFi or internet, you can't activate the tablet...
    A lot of coffee shops have free wifi.

James
    02-06-12 06:44 PM
    please show me where someone in this thread REQUESTED a wall of text.

we simply criticized this ad, since it gives NO info about 2.0 at all.

pretend for a moment, that, this ad is the first you've heard of 2.0.....it doesnt answer ANY of the questions that will spring to mind.

Thats how pretty much everyone does it. Now if they did the same thing and said its out now that will be a different story. I'm sure they will have a new poster showing what is new when it is released. Some things might still be a secret.

James
    02-06-12 06:48 PM
    I haven't seen a company promote a product if it isn't completed so this is a good sign that 2.0 is close.
    Sarcasm?
    02-06-12 07:16 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD