02-06-12 12:04 PM
    It says 2.0, but the PlayBooks have tabs (like 1.0). So I don't those PlayBooks are loaded with 2.0 yet? Could just be seeing things.
    02-06-12 12:10 PM
    Positive signs of its comming.
    02-06-12 12:10 PM
    Nice!!! Can't wait for the update!!!
    02-06-12 12:11 PM
    it's coming! i can't wait for it, please RIM launches it now soon!
    02-06-12 12:15 PM
    I have a feeling RIM will have a big OS2.0 marketing blitz
    02-06-12 12:50 PM
    it isn't really informative is it?
    no release date, or mention of features.
    Flexin and thymaster like this.
    02-06-12 01:05 PM
    Still, a positive. When they do not advertise at all, we complain

Now, they are advertising. This is positive news
    TerribleTim68 likes this.
    02-06-12 01:10 PM
    anyone who doesn't already own a playbook will have no idea what this ad is about.
    if it wasn't for my visiting crackberry.com, i wouldn't know what that ad was about.

advertising is supposted to answer the 5 W's. this answers 2 of the 5 ( who- blackberry. what-os 2.0 )
    what about; where, why and when?

needs to say;
    -why 2.0 is needed - more apps, native messaging and calander etc. etc. etc.
    -when it is available ( Feb 21st? ). this ad doesnt even say which month to expect it.
    -where i can get it - new playbook with 2.0 pre-installed, or existing playbook owners can download it.
    Last edited by drummer_god; 02-06-12 at 01:23 PM.
    02-06-12 01:16 PM
    its a fantastic thing to see.. its so speculative as to when they will drop it though.

anyway it will be great to have it when it launches
    02-06-12 01:17 PM
    Oooooooohh!
    02-06-12 01:18 PM
    anyone who doesn't already own a playbook will have no idea what this ad is about.
    if it wasn't for my visiting crackberry.com, i wouldn't know what that ad was about.

advertising is supposted to answer the 5 W's. this answers 2 of the 5 ( who- blackberry. what-os 2.0 )
    what about; where, why and when?
    Its looks kinda like a pre release notice. It will let everyone know there is a big update coming. Once it is released I would think new ads would be displayed saying what features are new for 2.0.

James
    02-06-12 01:23 PM
    i hope your right.

man, does RIM need a CMO.
    02-06-12 01:28 PM
    How do you know it is the customer 2.0 and not the developers beta 2.0 that has been out for a while??
    Doesn't say when this will come out...so Meh.
    02-06-12 01:29 PM
    Even if they have no plans to release it tomorrow during DevCon Europe, I would safely assume they would announce it to let the world know during a major RIM event.

So I have my hopes on a Feb 14 release or later regardless of current speculations.
    kdouthit likes this.
    02-06-12 01:31 PM
    Even if they have no plans to release it tomorrow during DevCon Europe, I would safely assume they would announce it to let the world know during a major RIM event.

So I have my hopes on a Feb 14 release or later regardless of current speculations.
    Yes, surely DevCon Europe cannot go by without RIM heavily promoting and demonstrating OS 2.0
    02-06-12 01:59 PM
    It doesn't seem that hard of a concept that only current PB owners would comprehend. See these PlayBooks on display? Well, there's an update coming for them that will make them EVEN better. On the fence? Waiting for OS2 to give them another look? (seen that comment around here a lot) Well, OS2 is about to be launched. Do we need a 14 page explanation in a simple window ad for you to stand and read or is this something that might cause a potential tablet buyer to come in and ask questions or do further research?

How do you know it is the customer 2.0 and not the developers beta 2.0 that has been out for a while??
    Doesn't say when this will come out...so Meh.
    Yes, it makes perfect sense that they would promote the dev beta in a store window. I bet app devs must walk by there all day long. Now they know the dev beta has an update for them to test their apps on...
    02-06-12 02:19 PM
    Should also mention that if you don't have WiFi or internet, you can't activate the tablet...
    02-06-12 02:23 PM
    That same UK site showed what appears to be the PlayBook icons for 4G.

02-06-12 02:24 PM
    is this something that might cause a potential tablet buyer to come in and ask questions or do further research?
    come in and get answers from whom? the guy at the store who will not know any answers either?

customer: excuse me sir, i see the 2.0 ad in the window. can you tell me when it comes out?
    store employee: nope.
    customer: what will some of the features be?
    store employee: don't know. i can tell you about this ipad, though.
    zzzdamian and BB_Bmore like this.
    02-06-12 02:29 PM
    Do we need a 14 page explanation in a simple window ad for you to stand and read or is this something that might cause a potential tablet buyer to come in and ask questions or do further research?
    Yeah, cuz employees of such stores have been so knowledgeable and friendly about the PlayBook that steering potential buyers to ask questions seems like a brilliant move�

It doesn't need a 14 page explanation. How about a handful of bullet points with the features?
    New features include:
    • A Bridge-less, integrated multi-tasking email app
    • A Contacts app that connects puts everyone you know in one place, no matter which social network you choose to connect with.
    • A new, innovative text-entry system with predictive text and predictive sentences.
    • A brand new app ecosystem that features new access some mobile application favorites.

And more!

Or, go ask that guy over there who's only answer to the question, "What is the PlayBook like?" is "Huh? Oh, the iPads are right over here�"
    02-06-12 02:37 PM
    Is this the first time some of you have seen a window ad? Please show me one with a wall of text...
    rjedge54 likes this.
    02-06-12 02:55 PM
    I just hope that when 2.0 drops I'll be able to communicate with Christ himself. Otherwise I'm going to incessantly whine and moan on here about trivial bs.
    Thunderbuck and Sergeant HCR like this.
    02-06-12 02:57 PM
    As a Playbook owner that is generally happy with 2.0 preview, the thing I'm looking for are the app announcements and a single ui for native and android apps... and before anyone says it, I am fine with a back gesture that Android requires. I just don't like that android apps feel like I'm using Virtualbox. My typos are not auto corrected because the beta keyboard does not autocorrect in Android or Facebook, which is most of my typing.
    Last edited by zinadork; 02-06-12 at 03:05 PM.
    02-06-12 03:02 PM
    Is this the first time some of you have seen a window ad? Please show me one with a wall of text...
    please show me where someone in this thread REQUESTED a wall of text.

we simply criticized this ad, since it gives NO info about 2.0 at all.

pretend for a moment, that, this ad is the first you've heard of 2.0.....it doesnt answer ANY of the questions that will spring to mind.
    02-06-12 03:30 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD