I know RIM took the update down only a few hours after they put it up so there's obviously something wrong, but I was one who downloaded it in that time.

-No "push" functions are working in my email, I have to manually refresh my emails if I want to receive anything.

-Browser either doesn't load a Page, or it takes very long to load a Page. It loads about 90% of the pages then stops loading.

-The whole UI gets bogged down over time and frequent reboots are needed to keep the OS smooth and fast. At one point, I only had 94 mb of memory was available with NO apps open.

I am assuming it is from the update,but to make sure I'm just asking you guys if you have the same problems.

Let me know,
    Thanks
    09-03-12 05:44 PM
    i encountered all the same problems you listed plus major battery draining.
    i was not happy with that update to say the least.
    09-03-12 05:51 PM
    i encountered all the same problems you listed plus major battery draining.
    i was not happy with that update to say the least.
    It would help the OP and community to tell what you did when it didn't work. Thanks.
    jon3578 likes this.
    09-03-12 06:09 PM
    i upgraded to 840. technical support suggested wiping and rolling back.
    09-03-12 06:10 PM
    It would help the OP and community to tell what you did when it didn't work. Thanks.

sorry usedberry i thought it was obvious. Don't use .668
    09-03-12 06:17 PM
    Don't use .668
    I just wanted add that if your not having any issues with .668 then there is no reason to make any changes. Most people, myself included, have had no trouble with the update.
    09-03-12 07:02 PM
    I know RIM took the update down only a few hours after they put it up so there's obviously something wrong, but I was one who downloaded it in that time.
    That was about a month ago. Have you just noticed this or just got around to posting?

What have you done to your PB since then?
    09-03-12 07:09 PM
    OS 668 was the only thing that has made my browser and wifi tolertable since i got these tablets.
    09-03-12 07:15 PM
    Yeah I had the same issues especially major battery drain so I upgraded to .840 and its alot better. Only problem im having is that im unable to like or reply to comments on YouTube videos through the browser. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next update. Other than that its an awesome update
    Last edited by luqman24; 09-03-12 at 07:30 PM.
    09-03-12 07:28 PM
    sorry usedberry i thought it was obvious. Don't use .668
    I have 2 playbooks, one on .668 and the other on .840, both working great.
    09-03-12 07:28 PM
    That was about a month ago. Have you just noticed this or just got around to posting?

What have you done to your PB since then?
    I noticed it the day the update was released. I didn't have time to post about it. I use it for browsing, emailing, taking photos and videos.
    Has RIM done anything to fix it yet? If not I guess I can just delete the .668
    09-03-12 07:29 PM
    Yeah I had the same issues especially major battery drain so I upgraded to .840 and its alot better. Only problem im having is that im unable to like or reply to comments on YouTube videos through the browser. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next update. Other than that its an awesome update
    You upgraded to .840? I checked for updates and the latest is .668, any suggestion on how I can access the new one?
    09-03-12 07:32 PM
    You upgraded to .840? I checked for updates and the latest is .668, any suggestion on how I can access the new one?
    I believe its the beta version, 2.1.840? or 2.1.0.840? and not our 2.0.1.668
    09-03-12 07:43 PM
    https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register

beta 840.

and yes i know some people are having no issues with 668 so if it works for you use it.
    if it dosent use somthing else. it seems weird that some playbooks have certain issues with it and others dont. just like how my friends pb had the sounds and notifications tab in his settings and mine didnt even though we had the exact same OS version installed.

*edit* i will say since i installed the beta my battery life has noticeably improved
    i just watched 2 full length movies and still have 75% battery life from about 95% which is a major improvement over .668
    Last edited by jon3578; 09-03-12 at 08:07 PM.
    09-03-12 08:02 PM
    To the OP downloaded .668 for the first day I noticed the playbook getting warmer and the battery seemed to drain quicker. But now everything seems to be fine. I am not having the issues you describe.
    09-04-12 07:43 AM
    Battery drain issue but, the Android player has not crashed or locked up once since I upgraded.
    09-04-12 09:24 AM
    i upgraded to 840. technical support suggested wiping and rolling back.
    Man, how do you roll back on the PlayBook I can't figure it out!?
    09-18-12 04:39 AM
    Man, how do you roll back on the PlayBook I can't figure it out!?
    Not really surprising, RIM screwed up when they pulled 668 (I guess they were in a hurry to remove it and the left hand forgot to tell the right hand what was happening ). Now DM won't let you downgrade to any OS except 668... which was pulled, so isn't on the server... so it fails.

However, some kind soul has provided instructions on how to downgrade in an unofficial way by using a tool, and copy of the 668 image, that shouldn't be in the public domain. Luckily for you, it is!

Go here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-840-a-745129/
    Last edited by JeepBB; 09-18-12 at 06:17 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-18-12 06:13 AM
    I just had that problem this past week, PB was really heating up. and issues with a whole lot of checker boarding while on the browser. called Rim and they helped back down to the .358, took about an hour with no issues.
    funny thing is it works better and smoother now, than when I had it before. Best part no issues with Rim my 90 is long gone and they still were rite there to help. Even opened a ticket for an extended two days in case ther was an issue.
    09-18-12 01:29 PM
    I just had that problem this past week, PB was really heating up. and issues with a whole lot of checker boarding while on the browser. called Rim and they helped back down to the .358, took about an hour with no issues.
    funny thing is it works better and smoother now, than when I had it before. Best part no issues with Rim my 90 is long gone and they still were rite there to help. Even opened a ticket for an extended two days in case ther was an issue.
    Do you recall the steps needed to roll it back down to .358? That might help some folks.
    rbrooks86 likes this.
    09-18-12 02:34 PM
    I guess I got lucky I did the 668 as soon as it was announced on this site and with much fanfare I had the battery drain issue and did the hard reset and have not problems since not being a tech guy I'm just really curios why some units are having problems and some not and what the actual ratio is.
    09-18-12 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD