Hi, I am a Q10 user and I have a playbook as well as an ipod touch, toshiba laptop and a samsung tab 3. Honestly when it comes to performance my playbook is my favourite especially with the bridge. But I would prefer if there is a way we can have blackberry 10 OS on it? I heard it might be impossible but while blackberry still put the device on its website and sync it with its phones I don t see why they just don't update it to bb10os. I like my playbook and I got used to it, but how things are moving it will just become an obsolete tablet with a deserted app store (even sideloaded apps aren't working anymore) so any help?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:12 AM
    OS 10 will not be coming to the playbook. In fact the playbook is "dead" so dont expect any real updates for it period
    10-31-13 06:44 AM
    Hmmmmm thank you

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:33 AM
    Is this a wind up??

If not, apologies to OP, but maybe you should read some of the 2 or 3 (million) posts in this forum on the subject of BB10/Playbook...!!
    Carl Estes, kbz1960 and Ben1232 like this.
    10-31-13 07:47 AM
    Hi I am still new to the forums. So I don't really know about that.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:07 AM
    Hi I am still new to the forums. So I don't really know about that.

Posted via CB10
    Hi,

I can see that you are new here, however, there is a lot of history to BB10 on PlayBooks, hence my commment.
    I'm not going to go into it now, but basically it was more or less promised a year or so ago, then a couple of months ago, it was suddenly and un-ceremonously decreed that it wsn't going to happen.
    A lot of people were (and still are) very unhappy about it.

If you are interested, search the Playbook forums for 'BB10' and you can read all about it!!
    10-31-13 09:55 AM
    Hi, I am a Q10 user and I have a playbook as well as an ipod touch, toshiba laptop and a samsung tab 3. Honestly when it comes to performance my playbook is my favourite especially with the bridge. But I would prefer if there is a way we can have blackberry 10 OS on it? I heard it might be impossible but while blackberry still put the device on its website and sync it with its phones I don t see why they just don't update it to bb10os. I like my playbook and I got used to it, but how things are moving it will just become an obsolete tablet with a deserted app store (even sideloaded apps aren't working anymore) so any help?
    Posted via CB10
    Hi,

What do you mean by that? The sideloaded apps that I have always had are still working, and those that never worked are still not working, but I don't think anything significant should have changed... If you could give some more details, someone may be able to help you with sideloading issues...
    10-31-13 10:29 AM
    It's unfortunate that you hit a very tender and touchy subject Anto
    10-31-13 10:29 AM
    Hi,

What do you mean by that? The sideloaded apps that I have always had are still working, and those that never worked are still not working, but I don't think anything significant should have changed... If you could give some more details, someone may be able to help you with sideloading issues...

I agree with that, there are certain ones that never loaded, but there are few that load just fine, in fact half of recent submissions on app world PB category are ports.

Question, where do I find recent apps that I can sideload? Aren't there any? Is there anyway I can try and convert some myself? I just want to get some cool stuff off android and put in playbook, the app catalog (children/education/etc..) is terrible.

There isn't that many quality apps for kids on PB, it's really said, PB is an excellent device, and Blackberry just abandoned it.

BB10 is not coming, we know that..
    I think PB can still kill most recent tablets, honestly, it is really good, speakers, touch sensitivity, picture quality, built quality, compared to Galaxy Tab, Nook Tablet, Kindle, I think PB could beat them in most aspects. I really wish we could just load android into PB and get this over with.
    10-31-13 08:38 PM
    A bridge update that would allow my playbook to access a BB10 phone in the same way as the playbook bridge works now - even if the PB isn't running BB10 itself
    10-31-13 09:45 PM
    Hi, PB have went an update a couple of weeks ago and since a couple of apps stopped working The apps that I use normally) flipboard is not working, whatsapp they lack a lot now and 80-90% of the times are just crashing so I deleted them. I am using my playbook since as an ereader only

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 03:50 AM
    I agree with that, there are certain ones that never loaded, but there are few that load just fine, in fact half of recent submissions on app world PB category are ports.

Question, where do I find recent apps that I can sideload? Aren't there any? Is there anyway I can try and convert some myself? I just want to get some cool stuff off android and put in playbook, the app catalog (children/education/etc..) is terrible.

Have a look on GoodEReader.com (not just eReader apps) and apk2bar.org
    you may find something of interest there.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    11-01-13 06:08 AM
    If only......
    ChrisMay likes this.
    11-01-13 06:27 AM
    If only......
    Ha! I know what you mean, but I have found a few useful apps on those sites
    11-01-13 08:43 AM