Don't know if I'm going to wait six more months to tell you the truth. I'm laying here in my hospital bed post minor surgery with my play book and a z10. Ya watched a few movies on the PB and the bridge feature is nice but the browser just hands down sucks when compared to the Z10. That and it's really slow and chopy.
    Let's face it with each new update on BB10 it's going to require more ram and processing speed and the PlayBook is already way behind.
    A z10.
    Just look at I phone - we now have iPhone 5 and IOs 7.
    BlackBerry will follow a similar path where in a year or 2 the original z10 won't be able to run the newest OS.
    I wouldn't get ur hopes up on an update for you original PB. I believe that the hold up here is lack of ram in the PlayBook.
    My 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:15 PM
    RAM is not really the problem, I believe... QNX is an optimize system - it is not like Android... it should be more efficient than iOS... and PlayBook doesn't need all the functions of mobile phone running in BB10...

The problem is the "commitment" of BlackBerry to continually support and improve it... and for some sort of reasons, BlackBerry neither officially ditch it nor confirm its continues support to PlayBook and gives precise timetable... not sure what they're waiting for...

Posted via Z10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-13-13 11:16 PM
    BlackBerry will follow a similar path where in a year or 2 the original z10 won't be able to run the newest OS.
    Posted via CB10
    The BB10 phones are running by the QNX tech. Why wouldnt it be upgraded to the newest OS in the future ?
    06-13-13 11:22 PM
    My z10 is using 1gb of its ram right now with no apps open. That leaves one out 2 gb's left over on the z10 - the play book only has one GB of ram to begin with.
    Comprende?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 06:51 AM
    My z10 is using 1gb of its ram right now with no apps open. That leaves one out 2 gb's left over on the z10 - the play book only has one GB of ram to begin with.
    Comprende?

Posted via CB10
    Playbook doesn't need calling features or the Hub so it should work fine with 1GB RAM. Comprende?
    06-14-13 06:54 AM
    Si comprende...some people love to listen to looping gramophone records...

only 1 gb .... zack ....only 1 gb .... zack ...only 1 gb ...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-14-13 07:55 AM
    See senior, if RAM is really the problem, why BlackBerry won't announce it officially? In fact, it is really a valid reason for them to discontinue the BB10 to PlayBook... and I don't think we can force them to do something about it... on the second thought, they can still make a little profit if, let say, BlackBerry will offer a hardware upgrade i.e. to make PB's RAM 2GB... and I'm sure a lot of us will take that hardware upgrade...

Posted via Z10
    06-14-13 08:37 AM
    All they have to do is FIX Bridge to the way it worked in OS7.xxxx. There are people waiting (myself included) to see when that happens, then I will
    RUN down and get my Z10.

Otherwise, I'll stick with my Torch 9850/64gb PB combo (which has been rock solid) other than reasonable maintanance (Had since launch, 1 sideload, maybe powered down less than 50 times, but just did a wipe and re-load of OS image this last weekend) Now it's jet powered again.)

I equate this to rebuilding your pc every 1.5/2 years and reload OS. Makes machine snappy and new feeling

C.

C
    FF22 likes this.
    06-14-13 08:44 AM
    Playbook doesn't need calling features or the Hub so it should work fine with 1GB RAM. Comprende?
    Yep. we don't need the HUB, Timeshift Camera, Calling/4G LTE feature, and other tiny
    features that we will not need on the BB10 version of the Playbook.

If you have noticed, the iOS version of the iPhone is far greater in size than that of the iPad.
    06-14-13 09:40 AM
    See senior, if RAM is really the problem, why BlackBerry won't announce it officially? In fact, it is really a valid reason for them to discontinue the BB10 to PlayBook... and I don't think we can force them to do something about it... on the second thought, they can still make a little profit if, let say, BlackBerry will offer a hardware upgrade i.e. to make PB's RAM 2GB... and I'm sure a lot of us will take that hardware upgrade...

Posted via Z10
    I think it would be too expensive a process. Some folks might take advantage but I don't think it would be cheap. Mail pb, open the pb, de-solder, resolder, test, close pb, mail back. Too fiddly.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-14-13 11:10 AM
    Yep. we don't need the HUB, Timeshift Camera, Calling/4G LTE feature, and other tiny
    features that we will not need on the BB10 version of the Playbook.

If you have noticed, the iOS version of the iPhone is far greater in size than that of the iPad.
    the 4GLTE playbook indeed needs 4GLTE connectivity
    06-14-13 11:12 AM
    basically rim are saying f**k u very much for all your support playbook owners but we aint gonna spend another dime on updating the playbook to bb10 ,were gonna take the money we've made from the z10 and q10 and run for the hills !
    06-14-13 12:59 PM
    basically rim are saying f**k u very much for all your support playbook owners but we aint gonna spend another dime on updating the playbook to bb10 ,were gonna take the money we've made from the z10 and q10 and run for the hills !
    They have not said that. They have not said anything recently. So we are left with ?????????????????????????
    06-14-13 02:55 PM
    I agree with the ram limitations, but I personally like the ui on the PlayBook. What I would like to see is continual improvement of existing features and functionality. They talk to developers about the ease of repackaging apps to bb10, so why not do the same with bb10's browser, etc.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 03:05 PM
    What type of primates are working at Blackberry that needs at least 1GB memory to run on a phone? How many other devices are out there with 2GB memory for Android, Microsoft, IOS? The Blackberry bloat is out of control. QNX was notorious for resource efficiency, after all it has a very large embedded deployed base. If QNX had to be so big, slow, memory hog, the company would have been bankrupt decades go. The sloppy engineers at Blackberry just keep writing more and more code that keeps eating every available byte and just keeps introducing more bugs left and right. Look at how long it took them to get BB10 out, daily drops with leaks to keep patching problems identified by consumers with each release being bigger than the last. How on earth can they optimize the thing to death if it keeps growing daily by leaps and bounds? Even if Blackberry had a massive optimization team working on a Playbook release, would it not also benefit all their handset resource usage as well? I can imagine Thor rolling his eyes every time he has to hear about the BB10 monstrosity that may not be able to be shoehorned onto the Playbook.
    06-14-13 06:42 PM
    What type of primates are working at Blackberry that needs at least 1GB memory to run on a phone? How many other devices are out there with 2GB memory for Android, Microsoft, IOS? The Blackberry bloat is out of control. QNX was notorious for resource efficiency, after all it has a very large embedded deployed base. If QNX had to be so big, slow, memory hog, the company would have been bankrupt decades go. The sloppy engineers at Blackberry just keep writing more and more code that keeps eating every available byte and just keeps introducing more bugs left and right. Look at how long it took them to get BB10 out, daily drops with leaks to keep patching problems identified by consumers with each release being bigger than the last. How on earth can they optimize the thing to death if it keeps growing daily by leaps and bounds? Even if Blackberry had a massive optimization team working on a Playbook release, would it not also benefit all their handset resource usage as well? I can imagine Thor rolling his eyes every time he has to hear about the BB10 monstrosity that may not be able to be shoehorned onto the Playbook.
    My thoughts as well - there's too few play book owners out there for them put together a team to put together a half *** version of BB10 o's for play book.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 07:38 PM
    Whatever problem or hindrance BlackBerry is facing right for them to continue or discontinue BB10 in PlayBook must be publicly addressed... as they used before...

Not leaving us in a "twilight" zone... as if, PlayBook is never existed... at all...

Posted via Z10
    06-14-13 08:02 PM
    BlackBerry Being silent, and leaving us with questions can be worst than not saying anything at all. I love my playbook, I really do. In my opinion playbook doesn't need bb10, but without bb10 it feels like it's not apart of the movement, the turn around that blackberry is striving to make in the public's eye. Failure to update the playbook will give the perception of
    "The same old BlackBerry " in the eyes of the public, and most of all the "trolls" . If we don't get BB10. At least update the platbook's os. Meaning a smoother and less buggy browser and keyboard. And a native bbm app, with the os7 "bridge" features that where cut when we upgraded to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:16 PM
    BlackBerry Being silent, and leaving us with questions can be worst than not saying anything at all. I love my playbook, I really do. In my opinion playbook doesn't need bb10, but without bb10 it feels like it's not apart of the movement, the turn around that blackberry is striving to make in the public's eye. Failure to update the playbook will give the perception of
    "The same old BlackBerry " in the eyes of the public, and most of all the "trolls" . If we don't get BB10. At least update the platbook's os. Meaning a smoother and less buggy browser and keyboard. And a native bbm app, with the os7 "bridge" features that where cut when we upgraded to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry has not been silent, they have not said a lot but they have not been silent. Its been said that their plans have not changed regarding the playbook. that said in conjunture of heins previous statements that blackberry 10 will be on all playbooks by the end of the year is a pretty clear statement ESPECIALLY because the playbooks resolution of 1024x600 was re added to the 10.2 SDK.

so please its not Blackberry feeding the "trolls" its comments lke this telling everyone blackberry has been silent when in reality you only need ears to hear and need to know where to look.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-15-13 09:10 AM
    Nobody told me the Kool-aid was being served
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-15-13 09:51 AM
    Flavor, please?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-15-13 07:56 PM
    just for overly cynycl babies
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-16-13 07:33 AM
    Flavor, please?
    I'm in canada so for me it would look like this

Flavour, please?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-16-13 07:34 AM
    just for overly cynycl babies
    Someone forgot to burp the baby. A good whack on his back would do wonder.
    Disclaimer: Only work on cigar chomping baby.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-16-13 07:44 AM
    Someone forgot to burp the baby. A good whack on his back would do wonder.
    Disclaimer: Only work on cigar chomping baby.
    Here kitty kitty
    Attached Thumbnails Original PB and BB10 update?-uploadfromtaptalk1371388055149.jpg  
    sad_old_man likes this.
    06-16-13 08:07 AM
47 12