As I am making "tiny steps" towards understanding the whole HTM5/CSS3/Javascript "extravaganza", in these parts AKA Webworks, I saved a "htm" file on my PB, hoping I would be able to open it in Origami using the Ghost Commander as an intermediary. But to my surprise Origami didn't even show up in the list of possible apps Ghost Commander could send this to. So now I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong here and someone can tell me what my wrongness might be. If I am not wrong, that would be quite a "downer", BTW.
    Thanks in advance...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 03:40 PM
    As I am making "tiny steps" towards understanding the whole HTM5/CSS3/Javascript "extravaganza", in these parts AKA Webworks, I saved a "htm" file on my PB, hoping I would be able to open it in Origami using the Ghost Commander as an intermediary. But to my surprise Origami didn't even show up in the list of possible apps Ghost Commander could send this to. So now I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong here and someone can tell me what my wrongness might be. If I am not wrong, that would be quite a "downer", BTW.
    Thanks in advance...
    Using words like Wrongness for a start!
    Hirazi Blue and dphjeff like this.
    08-21-13 03:46 PM
    Guilty as charged! What was the charge again?
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    08-21-13 03:48 PM
    You can use Ghost to HELP you open an HTML file with Origami. To do so, find the file in Ghost, then press and hold on the file. Choose "copy name to clipboard" from the pop up window. Then open Origami and paste this into the address bar. Then, add text to this so the address begins with "file:///" (thats file colon and three forward slashes,without the quotes) and then hit go. The file should open.

Another (maybe easier) way to do it with Ghost, if you have an android browser installed on your PB (Maxthon or Dolphin), is to select one of these apps to open the file. Then, just copy the address from the address bar and paste this into Origami's address bar. If you don't have an android browser installed, you can do the same using a native file browser (Files and Folders or Air Browser) and the native Browser.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 08-21-13 at 05:36 PM.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    08-21-13 05:16 PM
    Was this you S_O_M using another of your multitudinous aliases?

mysticcherokee | May 12, 2009
    WOW wrote:
    <quoted text>This post reeks of "Hell Yes". It's past OLD......man, you should just quit already.......you are an a$$....

Your response reeks of imbecilic wrongnitudeness. It's a word, look it up.

There's a few like you that think Hell Yes or more correctly, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, are the culprit behind the fake poster mysticcherokee from Sarasota Florida, but he's not. It's doesn't take Nostradamus to see that HY is always from Wilmington DE. He doesn't fake his location. He's not trying to hide and he takes pride in his posts much like me but in a different way.

Have a great day. Hugs, Mystic
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 05:54 PM
    Ghost Commander is an Android app, it will only show Android apps as options for opening files. PB OS has no native file association functions, so it is only possible within the Android runtime, and therefore only for Android apps, unfortunately.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-30-13 07:02 AM
    In my world the ghost is a little blue thing with a fat bird who causes me grief! I do however use ghost commander and it's fantastic. Just thought I'd let you know!
    08-30-13 07:14 AM
    Ghost Commander is an Android app, it will only show Android apps as options for opening files..
    Not entirely true. Ghost and the other android file managers will show android apps as options for opening files along with the default native app for opening the same files. Why the native Browser is not listed by Ghost as an option for opening HTML files, I don't know, since it is the default native app for HTML files.
    08-30-13 02:42 PM
    Guilty as charged! What was the charge again?
    240 Volts or maybe you were referring to stack CHARGE! Or for a price we can dismiss either charge but the Charge for that will be $250.00
    08-30-13 05:05 PM
    Why have I not got an Orange label under my name?
    08-31-13 06:11 AM
    Not entirely true. Ghost and the other android file managers will show android apps as options for opening files along with the default native app for opening the same files. Why the native Browser is not listed by Ghost as an option for opening HTML files, I don't know, since it is the default native app for HTML files.
    Ah yeah, forgot that some files get the stock native option. Still, my point still stands that PB OS has a sore lack of file association capabilities.
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    08-31-13 07:01 AM
    Ah yeah, forgot that some files get the stock native option. Still, my point still stands that PB OS has a sore lack of file association capabilities.
    Now there is was thinking the pb OS had NO file association at all? In comparison to a structured file system, the closest the pb come is "a complete mess"?
    FF22 likes this.
    08-31-13 07:06 AM
    you cant invoke a 3rd party app from a 3rd party app. so you have to manually go to the file
    08-31-13 09:20 AM
    Why don't we have a 1 party app, concentrating on a 1 party app, instead of imitating something that it's not, imitating something that it shouldn't have been imitating in the first place!

Did I get that right?
    08-31-13 09:25 AM
    The PB OS has a sore lack of a lot of features. Peruse two years worth of threads!
    kbz1960 and SifJar like this.
    08-31-13 01:21 PM
    The PB OS has a sore lack of a lot of features. Peruse two years worth of threads!
    Oh my! Do I have to?
    08-31-13 02:00 PM
    Oh my! Do I have to?
    Not unless you want to. But it is your option. The test will be in the morning.
    08-31-13 03:38 PM
    Not unless you want to. But it is your option. The test will be in the morning.
    What's the test, mathematics, English or physics?.
    09-01-13 07:42 AM
    What's the test, mathematics, English or physics?.
    I mentioned THREADS. So it will probably be a sewing test. I hate physic tests - too much toilet paper involved and in a cockpit, that could be problematic.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-01-13 09:27 AM
    I mentioned THREADS. So it will probably be a sewing test. I hate physic tests - too much toilet paper involved and in a cockpit, that could be problematic.
    That's OK then cause I can sow. Not in the cockpit though? I do crochet in the cockpit.
    09-01-13 11:36 AM