Is there anyway that I can keep apps from resetting the orientation lock? I use my PB in portrait mode most of the time, but some apps are landscape only which is not a problem except that they either turn off the lock or reset it to landscape. Anyway around this?
    My guess is not but I thought I'd ask just in case.

Michael Grant
    06-12-12 01:31 PM
    06-12-12 02:59 PM
    Nope, no way around it sadly. It annoys me too, although the other way round (I always use it in landscape and some apps turn it to portrait. If I had it locked, I have to unlock it, rotate it, then relock it. I wish it would just go back to the way it was before when you close an app).

trucky: No, that is not a valid answer. Some apps now have a portrait mode, but not all by any stretch of the imagination (like 2 or 3 more than before). Only a few of the preinstalled apps.
    06-12-12 03:11 PM
    It's not the app but the OS that will have the orientation lock.
    06-12-12 03:13 PM
    It's not the app but the OS that will have the orientation lock.
    The OS does have an orientation lock. Some apps only work in one orientation and so override the orientation lock. That is what this thread is about.
    06-12-12 03:27 PM
    The OS does have an orientation lock. Some apps only work in one orientation and so override the orientation lock. That is what this thread is about.
    no u cannot reset it. The (obvious) reasoning is that the apps are set to work in that dimensions... as BB10 rolls around more and more apps will be running in portrait mode as opposed to the landscape mode which we are more accustomed to on the PlayBook. The reason being that people tend to hold phones portrait style (more portable and handy) and tablet landscape style (for viewing/game)
    06-12-12 03:55 PM
    no u cannot reset it. The (obvious) reasoning is that the apps are set to work in that dimensions... as BB10 rolls around more and more apps will be running in portrait mode as opposed to the landscape mode which we are more accustomed to on the PlayBook. The reason being that people tend to hold phones portrait style (more portable and handy) and tablet landscape style (for viewing/game)
    What are you talking about? I never mentioned anything about "resetting" anything, not really sure what you are referring to tbh.
    06-12-12 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD