Hello,

I just ordered a 64G playbook from ebay, now I am wondering what to do first when I get it.
    I'm looking to be able to sideload Android apps, don't care about "rooting" it. Should connect it to my laptop/DM first or can I just use it straight away.
    Thanks for any help.
    06-21-12 07:04 PM
    Don't worry about rooting, you can't (assuming it's running OS2.0). You can use it straight away. You might want to consider updating the OS to the beta 2.1, especially if you intend on running a lot of android apps. There are a number of advantages, and few drawbacks.
    06-21-12 07:27 PM
    Now you have to wait for it.

It will update ota with a wifi connection so it will be an easy setup...

Can't say what your going to do with it but, I have been using it for surfing,e-mailing, games and work.

Welcome to the pb club.
    06-21-12 07:32 PM
    Order a PB dock whilst you're waiting. Its the best accessory I bought for mine.
    06-21-12 07:41 PM
    buy a casing to protect your shiny PB.

06-21-12 07:42 PM
    So it does't matter what version of the OS i have in order to run Android apps on it? Only if i want to root it. My main uses will be as a GPS, media player and reader(kindle).
    06-21-12 07:53 PM
    It matters if you want to run multiple android apps simultaneously. OS 2.0 can't do it, Beta 2.1 can. Plus, the beta android player runs much more stable than 2.0's. Also, the beta android player has access to the PB cameras, 2.0's doesn't. So any android apps that need camera access won't work on 2.0.
    06-21-12 07:57 PM
    I would say a BlackBerry phone, but I see you have a torch (I got the playbook, then the curve).

You have to experience Hdmi with your PB through a big screen; the RIM portfolio case is nice as well as the rapid charger.
    06-21-12 08:02 PM
    do whatever you want. if i had to ask strangers what to do with something i decided on, i'd be dead
    06-21-12 10:32 PM
    Now you have to wait for it.

It will update ota with a wifi connection so it will be an easy setup...

Can't say what your going to do with it but, I have been using it for surfing,e-mailing, games and work.

Welcome to the pb club.
    Don't forget watching stuff
    06-21-12 10:34 PM
    do whatever you want. if i had to ask strangers what to do with something i decided on, i'd be dead
    Didn't you say you were leaving? Not that I'm saying you have to, far from that, but at least refrain from posting confrontational stuff...
    OneArseneWenger and jpash549 like this.
    06-21-12 10:38 PM
    Go read the Sticky about Newbie Tips and Tricks .... it will help you a lot.
    06-21-12 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD