Guys,

Just quit with the hurt and move on.

You got shafted (kinda...maybe), it will happen again with something else I'm sure.

If you think its that important why havent you taken out a class action on it? Surely thats worth it to you? If not then move along and find something else like some of us are waking up to.

It's not trolling, it's called being realistic and not living in some fantasy land where everything always goes your way.

Check my sig, its a list of broken tech dreams....
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    05-18-13 06:50 PM
    Guys,

Just quit with the hurt and move on.

You got shafted (kinda...maybe), it will happen again with something else I'm sure.

If you think its that important why havent you taken out a class action on it? Surely thats worth it to you? If not then move along and find something else like some of us are waking up to.

It's not trolling, it's called being realistic and not living in some fantasy land where everything always goes your way.

Check my sig, its a list of broken tech dreams....
    Sorry if the truth hurts.
    05-18-13 07:02 PM
    Where did he say "We promise..."?

All he gave there was the same level of assurance a guy gives a girl after a one night stand, "Sure I'll call you..."!
    I gave you a direct quote he said point blank that BB10 will be on the PlayBook (WiFi and 4G). You are arguing over the fact he didn't explicitly say "We promise"? He didn't pinky swear either, but that doesn't mean it is any less meaningful of a statement.

"We will provide BlackBerry 10 updates for all PlayBooks out there. So for Wif and 4G version will be all upgradable to BlackBerry 10." There was no "We will try" or "possibly we will..." It was "We *WILL* provide"
    JeepBB and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    05-18-13 07:02 PM
    Okay reality and rational thought has left the building here. Can't help you.

I'll leave you to grumble fruitlessly over your tablet.
    05-18-13 07:07 PM
    He made a promise, commitment or what ever you want to call it. I don't see how anyone can argue that point.

I can't believe how worked up people are over something that hasn't happened yet. In the last event the PB wasn't mentioned either. I don't remember all the outrage then. What for the lie before calling him a liar.
    05-18-13 07:19 PM
    [/QUOTE]I bought a Zune, don't think I don't know a thing or two about buying failed tech and disappointment![/QUOTE]

I like the Zune.
    05-18-13 07:22 PM
    I bought a Zune, don't think I don't know a thing or two about buying failed tech and disappointment![/QUOTE]

I like the Zune.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya I had a zune first gen 40 gig and a second gen 80 gig. honestly I loved my zunes they were great media players but yes scrapped
    Chaddface and JeepBB like this.
    05-18-13 07:25 PM
    Microsoft can afford to drop products and customers like a hot potato. They've done it pretty often lately. Blackberry can not.
    BerryClever and JeepBB like this.
    05-18-13 07:31 PM
    Okay reality and rational thought has left the building here. Can't help you.

I'll leave you to grumble fruitlessly over your tablet.
    I like how you made a sig just for this
    05-18-13 08:02 PM
    Even though BlackBerry should have mentioned their plans (good or bad) with the PlayBook at the Live show, I can understand why they might have changed their tune. This is a company that was on deaths door. One of those reasons was yes, PlayBook. BlackBerry has cut its work force and created a new operating system in record time. No matter what, there will be hiccups along the way. Face it, the old way was not working. I don't blame them for changing their direction when called for. It can't be easy trying to keep this company afloat. PlayBook was a disaster and of course they are going to be extremely cautious with their next moves. BlackBerry is here to stay and not to please the few that hang on to past failure. This means taking bold moves with BBM and possibly getting rid of PlayBook all together. We are lucky that we are even posting in this thread right now. Time to move and on and reconize how fortunate we are for even holding new BlackBerry products.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:18 PM
    He made a promise, commitment or what ever you want to call it. I don't see how anyone can argue that point.

I can't believe how worked up people are over something that hasn't happened yet. In the last event the PB wasn't mentioned either. I don't remember all the outrage then. What for the lie before calling him a liar.
    For me, and I think some others too, it is about the lack of communication and feeling left in the dark about it. I am still 85% sure that the PB will get the BB10 (I was 100%, but the lack of communication lately makes me nervous), but the problem isn't that he is a liar (yet), the problem is how BlackBerry is stringing us along (or that is how it feels like).

Two things that caused more outrage now than before is that:
    1) When a company says something but then won't update that information for a long while, people will make their own "deadline" and one that they feel is appropriate. I am not saying that is right, but that is what people do (we have plenty examples in these forums). They didn't make a deadline and consumers did, they "missed the date" in a % of public opinion, and jaded more than a few of their customers. In all rightfulness the customers were wrong, but as a business BlackBerry is the one hurt by it.

2) This event was about BB10 and development (which is why it was viewed by customers as a deadline), and they didn't hint at the PlayBook at all. This causes some people to think it isn't coming, while it causes other customers to feel they are getting pulled along and used accordingly.

I think that BB10 for the PlayBook should be here by now, and I think at the very least the Beta should be available right now. Honestly, that doesn't have me worked up. What has me, personally, "worked up" is seeing a company that I had faith in and that I want to succeed doing things that I feel will hurt them in the end. Another poster on, I believe, a different thread had good points talking about investors and such, I on the other hand have the standpoint a huge part of the success of a company are it's customers and customers can make or break the company. Looking at it from the customer point of view, this company is going downhill.

They seemed to have fixed the product line which the investors focus on, but at the same time they are bending their original customer base to the point of breaking. This company is not in the position to lose customers, especially if they want to fix the weakest aspect of their hardware/software, which is lack of apps (bigger customer pool, the more interested developers are).
    kbz1960, kevinnugent, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    05-18-13 08:36 PM
    Even though BlackBerry should have mentioned their plans (good or bad) with the PlayBook at the Live show, I can understand why they might have changed their tune. This is a company that was on deaths door. One of those reasons was yes, PlayBook. BlackBerry has cut its work force and created a new operating system in record time. No matter what, there will be hiccups along the way. Face it, the old way was not working. I don't blame them for changing their direction when called for. It can't be easy trying to keep this company afloat. PlayBook was a disaster and of course they are going to be extremely cautious with their next moves. BlackBerry is here to stay and not to please the few that hang on to past failure. This means taking bold moves with BBM and possibly getting rid of PlayBook all together. We are lucky that we are even posting in this thread right now. Time to move and on and reconize how fortunate we are for even holding new BlackBerry products.

Posted via CB10
    The PlayBook hurt them, but they now know the demand and are not manufacturing them like did when it first came out. The problem with the PlayBook was always software, not hardware... most noticeably the lack of apps, lack of e-mail/contacts/calendar).

That said, pushing BB10 to the PlayBook shouldn't cost them a ton of money, like manufacturing the PlayBook, and should give them roughly 500,000 (conservative) more BB10 devices into people's hands. By making the BB10 customer pool larger allows for BB10 to be more attractive to developers, and the more apps available allows BB10 to be more attractive to consumers. BlackBerry makes a profit off of each app bought, and BlackBerry makes a profit off of their app friendly attractive BB10 phones.

BlackBerry would have to put money and resources into the tweaks of BB10 for the PlayBook and the past loss they made with the PlayBook hardware will be on the books. Thats undeniable, but by putting in what should be minimal resources (OS should have been made future proof, especially since that is what they were planning), they could raise their BB10 devices to half a million (if marketing exists there then they could tell developers/investors that they have added 2 million BB10 devices, looking at sales numbers and ignoring who updated their PlayBook).

Saying that they have 2 million more BB10 devices in the wild without the costs of producing or even marketing a piece of hardware is pretty good.
    kbz1960, xBURK, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    05-18-13 08:51 PM
    The PlayBook hurt them, but they now know the demand and are not manufacturing them like did when it first came out. The problem with the PlayBook was always software, not hardware... most noticeably the lack of apps, lack of e-mail/contacts/calendar).

That said, pushing BB10 to the PlayBook shouldn't cost them a ton of money, like manufacturing the PlayBook, and should give them roughly 500,000 (conservative) more BB10 devices into people's hands. By making the BB10 customer pool larger allows for BB10 to be more attractive to developers, and the more apps available allows BB10 to be more attractive to consumers. BlackBerry makes a profit off of each app bought, and BlackBerry makes a profit off of their app friendly attractive BB10 phones.

BlackBerry would have to put money and resources into the tweaks of BB10 for the PlayBook and the past loss they made with the PlayBook hardware will be on the books. Thats undeniable, but by putting in what should be minimal resources (OS should have been made future proof, especially since that is what they were planning), they could raise their BB10 devices to half a million (if marketing exists there then they could tell developers/investors that they have added 2 million BB10 devices, looking at sales numbers and ignoring who updated their PlayBook).

Saying that they have 2 million more BB10 devices in the wild without the costs of producing or even marketing a piece of hardware is pretty good.
    Makes sense. Let's just hope they are keeping quiet for a good reason. I know that sounds strange, but who knows at this point?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:30 PM
    For me, and I think some others too, it is about the lack of communication and feeling left in the dark about it. I am still 85% sure that the PB will get the BB10 (I was 100%, but the lack of communication lately makes me nervous), but the problem isn't that he is a liar (yet), the problem is how BlackBerry is stringing us along (or that is how it feels like).

Two things that caused more outrage now than before is that:
    1) When a company says something but then won't update that information for a long while, people will make their own "deadline" and one that they feel is appropriate. I am not saying that is right, but that is what people do (we have plenty examples in these forums). They didn't make a deadline and consumers did, they "missed the date" in a % of public opinion, and jaded more than a few of their customers. In all rightfulness the customers were wrong, but as a business BlackBerry is the one hurt by it.

2) This event was about BB10 and development (which is why it was viewed by customers as a deadline), and they didn't hint at the PlayBook at all. This causes some people to think it isn't coming, while it causes other customers to feel they are getting pulled along and used accordingly.

I think that BB10 for the PlayBook should be here by now, and I think at the very least the Beta should be available right now. Honestly, that doesn't have me worked up. What has me, personally, "worked up" is seeing a company that I had faith in and that I want to succeed doing things that I feel will hurt them in the end. Another poster on, I believe, a different thread had good points talking about investors and such, I on the other hand have the standpoint a huge part of the success of a company are it's customers and customers can make or break the company. Looking at it from the customer point of view, this company is going downhill.

They seemed to have fixed the product line which the investors focus on, but at the same time they are bending their original customer base to the point of breaking. This company is not in the position to lose customers, especially if they want to fix the weakest aspect of their hardware/software, which is lack of apps (bigger customer pool, the more interested developers are).
    Thanks for the calm rational post. I too am frustrated by the slow progression and lack of communication.
    My point is that it's not a foregone conclusion that BB10 is not coming to the PB or that Heins is stringing people along despite what many posters seem to believe and state as fact. Would RIM being going out of their way to provide excellent warranty support even for tablets past the one year if they were just stringing people along? Is that part of their scheme?
    I think it will be here, late as usual but before the end of the year. I don't think they are interested in alienating a large group of BB users.

Of course I could be wrong and Blackberry is intentionally misleading and screwing PB owners but I just can't see any upside for that decision.
    05-18-13 10:00 PM
    Need to be $300 at least for shafting everyone. Who will fall for their bs promises again on another device. No way I would. Fool me once.......
    05-18-13 10:20 PM
    Where did he say "We promise..."?

All he gave there was the same level of assurance a guy gives a girl after a one night stand, "Sure I'll call you..."!
    You're parsing. This is a clear commitment that's been repeated several times by multiple executives. And since it's been reaffirmed within the past few weeks or so, I'm gathering they're still holding to it.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    05-18-13 11:06 PM
    While they never should have made the promise, it's a 2 year old tablet that most got for fire sale prices and BlackBerry lost money on. Name me a non ipad tablet that is updated to the newest OS without rooting and installing it yourself? As it is its a $500-$700 piece of hardware that many got for $100-$250 dollars, I don't think they really owe you anything at this point.

They never should have said it would get the update but be realistic, it's old hardware they took a huge loss on. I'd sooner they spend their time and efforts on current projects, but that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent and daglesj like this.
    05-19-13 09:00 AM
    Need to be $300 at least for shafting everyone. Who will fall for their bs promises again on another device. No way I would. Fool me once.......
    Ding ding. These guys can say what they want. I have no problem with their opinions. The nasty taste PB left in my mouth have turned me and company against even trying a Z10. Sorry, that's the reality.

I will see how BBRY plays out the next 2 yrs in terms of products and the software feedback I see on OS10. Made by decision on a new tablet and it will be the Note 10.1

I like the emotion in this topic
    blueberrymerry and JeepBB like this.
    05-19-13 09:07 AM
    All that was required from BBRY to appease PB owners was to say this: "BB10 is coming for PlayBook by date XYZ". It's a simple statement that confirms the company is committed to its users and wants them to participate in the development of the BB10 ecosystem.

Instead we get Heins avoiding direct questions, making stupid remarks dissing Apple and tablets, then spouting vague nonsense about mobile computing. In other industries, that kind of behaviour would mean a company is about to make drastic moves... like killing a product line.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-19-13 09:58 AM
    ...and then there's this...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=809141

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    05-19-13 06:44 PM
    I bought a Zune, don't think I don't know a thing or two about buying failed tech and disappointment!
    I like the Zune.[/QUOTE]
    I went through two of this before IPod shows up.
    [Opinion] another lie from Blackberry - misleading statement-images.jpg

I hear ya I had a zune first gen 40 gig and a second gen 80 gig. honestly I loved my zunes they were great media players but yes scrapped[/QUOTE]
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-19-13 08:37 PM
    All that was required from BBRY to appease PB owners was to say this: "BB10 is coming for PlayBook by date XYZ". It's a simple statement that confirms the company is committed to its users and wants them to participate in the development of the BB10 ecosystem.
    No, that wouldn't have helped either.
    Blackberry (RIM) has made statements like that in the past. Then when they had to postpone the release date by a month or so we have large threads like this.
    BB has proven too many times that they can't stick to a deadline so they started getting more general. Now with more than 7 months to go before the end of this general deadline people are calling BB liars based on a misquoted video.
    Chaddface likes this.
    05-20-13 03:57 PM
    What surprises me is that Noone from CB, or any other fansite for that matter, had the, eh, gumption to ask a direct question to Thorsten: "this is what you said re PB and 10, now, are you still holding to that commitment, yes or no". The end!!!
    05-20-13 04:25 PM

BB10 is coming to the PlayBook, that what they said again and again. No need to ask Thorsten.
    What do you expect of BB10 on the PlayBook? Global peace?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    05-20-13 04:36 PM
    Folks, read my post on the "Blackberry Done with the Playbook" for what I consider a level-headed approach to the PB's status and future.
    Let's put our brain in gear before we put our mouth in drive.
    05-20-13 06:40 PM
270 ... 891011