People really are wanting to even use the same hardware in essentially another year? I think the only tech I have around me that's nearly 3 years old is my cordless phone and its due for dumping,... Everything else has been replaced.
    Nah, I'm good with what I have.

[Opinion] another lie from Blackberry - misleading statement-old_cell_phone.jpg
    05-17-13 06:03 PM
    my bad in all my frustration I must of heard what I wanted to hear
    No problem. It's very common to remember what they expected to hear. That's why I wanted to hear it myself.

I have to get information from people as part of my job. Very rarely do two people say they saw or heard the same thing even though they were both in the same place at the same time.
    05-17-13 08:35 PM
    People really are wanting to even use the same hardware in essentially another year? I think the only tech I have around me that's nearly 3 years old is my cordless phone and its due for dumping,... Everything else has been replaced.
    My tech is titanium and it is a bit over 4 years old and still moving!
    05-17-13 08:43 PM
    My tech is titanium and it is a bit over 4 years old and still moving!
    Ford?
    05-17-13 08:50 PM
    Ford?
    I was thinking a razor...
    05-17-13 08:57 PM
    All these leaked OS's for Z10/Q10 are making me thirsty. Can someone tell me when was the last time we ever saw a leaked OS version for the PlayBook?
    Barracuda7772 and tstrike34 like this.
    05-17-13 09:02 PM
    Ford?
    he didn't say cheap chinese steel lol
    russworman likes this.
    05-17-13 09:14 PM
    Ford?
    HIP!
    kevinnugent and Angus_CB like this.
    05-17-13 10:33 PM
    This puts everything into perspective...

[Opinion] another lie from Blackberry - misleading statement-facebook-20130517-203809.jpg

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-17-13 10:39 PM
    I certainly didnt say it runs flawlessly
    Then, I agree with others point-of-view... if BB10 will not bring any improvement to PlayBook, better to stay in its current OS...

Posted via Z10
    05-17-13 10:54 PM
    Are people actually defending rim's inaction on the pb? Please, somebody pull out that prerelease screenshot featuring Skype, man and BBM. That screenshot was a major deciding factor for me. Up till today, not 1 of the apps featured in the screenshot has been delivered. And yet, we are seeing Skype on bb10. Don't tell me rim has not been neglecting the playbook. "fully committed" was a blatant lie.
    The dead horse that is this thread is beaten

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-18-13 08:09 AM
    All these leaked OS's for Z10/Q10 are making me thirsty. Can someone tell me when was the last time we ever saw a leaked OS version for the PlayBook?
    The difference is that os leaks come out of carriers. With 650 of them testing operating system builds for the phones, more chance of leaks from them than a BlackBerry employee leaking a PlayBook os

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:11 AM
    my playbook works fine. i dont need bb10 on it since the hardware probably wont handle the os very well. processor/ram would be my concern there
    Sigh.

Does ios 6 only run on iPhone 5? Does Mac OS X 10.8 only run on macs sold right now in the Apple store? Windows 8 only on pcs sold since windows 8 launched? Do the current bb7 curves have the same ram as the bb7 9900?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:15 AM
    Blackberry's Playbook Strategy -

Just say nothing till around September 2013 because by then only about 200k folks will still be using their Playbooks and then it won't make any financial sense to bring BB10 to the Playbook. Problem solved in a logical manner that few could argue with (well maybe a few forlorn folks in the 200k).

Well it's what I would do.
    05-18-13 08:20 AM
    Blackberry's Playbook Strategy -

Just say nothing till around September 2013 because by then only about 200k folks will still be using their Playbooks and then it won't make any financial sense to bring BB10 to the Playbook. Problem solved in a logical manner that few could argue with (well maybe a few forlorn folks in the 200k).

Well it's what I would do.
    if they do that they would certainly lose me as a customer.
    05-18-13 08:25 AM
    I don't think they are too worried about losing a load (well a small load) of customers that on the whole only bought their device because it was embarrassingly cheap.

If they hadn't dropped the price, most would be secretly dumped in landfill unopened by this time next year.
    05-18-13 08:33 AM
    I don't think they are too worried about losing a load (well a small load) of customers that on the whole only bought their device because it was embarrassingly cheap.

If they hadn't dropped the price, most would be secretly dumped in landfill unopened by this time next year.
    There may be an issue there. I suspect a number of those cheap purchases were induced by assurances that bb10 was coming to the pb, both the wifi and the other version. That could be actionable misrepresentation. Whether or not that is the case would depend on whether anybody follows up on it and how a jury might feel about it. And laws vary from country to country. Yes, early purchasers were not induced by any such assurance but the newer ones might have been.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-18-13 08:48 AM
    There may be an issue there. I suspect a number of those cheap purchases were induced by assurances that bb10 was coming to the pb, both the wifi and the other version. That could be actionable misrepresentation. Whether or not that is the case would depend on whether anybody follows up on it and how a jury might feel about it. And laws vary from country to country. Yes, early purchasers were not induced by any such assurance but the newer ones might have been.

I find it hilarious how much folks are making of this.

The late buyers like myself were all about picking up a new gadget to play with for a dirt cheap price. Folks love a bargain! Ask all those Touchpad owners. Vultures getting a last tasty shred of flesh from the carcass.

Was I doing it for the good of BB? Hell no. And if most of you are honest you bought for the same reason. You took a chance on someone else's misfortune or incompetence (whichever way you want to look at it).

By the way does anyone have a copy of the specific lawyer approved contract/legal agreement* that BB made with Playbook customers about bringing BB10 to the Playbook they can post up?

I'm happy to wait.

*Marketing Powerpoint presentations, off the cuff remarks in interviews and keynote speeches do not count as legally binding documents by the way.
    Last edited by daglesj; 05-18-13 at 09:23 AM.
    05-18-13 09:11 AM
    any company that doesn't care about the individual customers do not deserve to be around.

when a company is small they have to care about the little guy, but when they get larger as a company the threat always looms to give less and less care to the little guy. Huberis got the best of then RIM, and if bb10 doesn't come to the playbook (I'm not saying its not at this point), Blackberry has the looming threat of Huberis creeping back in.
    05-18-13 09:25 AM
    Companies disappoint customers all the time. They have more responsibility to shareholders than customers on the whole.

Some get away with it and some fail. It's the natural order of commerce.

Basically life isn't fair. Suck it up and move on. It isn't the first time it's happened and it won't be the last.

If your worst problem in life is not getting an unnecessary update for a failed and largely irrelevant obsolete tablet device then your life is going pretty well.

Ask someone in the third world how much their life sucks right now....
    05-18-13 09:31 AM
    That one loyal customer, screwed around with for so long, will go and spread the word that BBRY will happily ditch existing customers when the next new shiny shows up. Who knows if BBRY will pull an HP and throw BB10 users under the bus when sales don't go as planned? If they can leave PlayBook users hanging, they can do the same to BB10 users.

Right now, I wouldn't recommend the Z10 and Q10 to anyone. If all you want is BBM, then you can wait for it to come to your favourite platform. Otherwise you can enjoy loads of apps, a mature services ecosystem, few bugs and proper support instead of being jerked around by BBRY.

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a PlayBook user scorned
    05-18-13 09:33 AM
    my bad in all my frustration I must of heard what I wanted to hear
    it takes character to accept humility...
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    05-18-13 09:44 AM
    I have seriously NEVER heard any "promises". Like, what? Nobody from BlackBerry has made any promises to anybody. Seriously. the only promises were to deliver on the new platform, and guess what? they did that

Things change daily in tech. Not once have I ever heard anybody at BlackBerry even say the word "promise".
    Last edited by buckwylder; 05-18-13 at 10:07 AM.
    05-18-13 09:49 AM
    & to this minute, they still are,,, i've replied to a few threads where people either just got, or are going to/considering getting, a playbook solely because BB10 IS/WAS PROMISED to PlayBook owners...
    05-18-13 09:50 AM
    The only "promise" was to deliver a new platform with awesome features and they did that. they said they would put bb 10 onto the playbook, yes, and they still might. but, things change daily in tech, but i don't think it was their direct intention to be liars.
    Last edited by buckwylder; 05-18-13 at 10:08 AM.
    05-18-13 09:53 AM
270 ... 678910 ...