OS10 was to be released in 2012 as well and only at the last minute the CEO said Jan 2013. Not that I am here waiting and begging, getting right now to probably purchase an Asus TF700 Priced at $399 US now.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    He did NOT say Jan 2013. He said Q1 2013.
    bizarrejustin likes this.
    05-17-13 01:06 PM
    well I have retired my Playbook today for an android tablet - actually passed it on to a family member as I cant no longer make any use of it - actually just waited to make use for it - but got it cheap �130 so that wasnt that much of an issue for the 64GB which I must admit plays video and music just fine, video even via HDMI ...

but thats too much limitation for me, so I got myself an android table as I miss a few apps from my android phone that wont become available ever by the looks of it with no alternatives to it. Actually I am considering taking my Galaxy Nexus back into use same way and to jump off the wagon that initially looked like a promising idea ... still a bit undecided ...

edit: why did I pass it on within the family? well seeing how many there are on ebay.uk and the price they sell for I couldnt be bothered with even putting an ad up for it ...
    05-17-13 01:23 PM
    my playbook works fine. i dont need bb10 on it since the hardware probably wont handle the os very well. processor/ram would be my concern there
    05-17-13 01:23 PM
    If it's not out by the end of the year then we can say they lied.
    bizarrejustin likes this.
    05-17-13 01:30 PM

And if they hate it so much then why do they still sell it and mention how many were sold in earnings reports?
    05-17-13 01:34 PM
    Yes. Let's revisit this thread again at the end of the year.

I'm dreaming, I know this thread will be alive for about a month or so.
    05-17-13 01:40 PM
    my playbook works fine. i dont need bb10 on it since the hardware probably wont handle the os very well. processor/ram would be my concern there
    Weird. Mine magically stopped working when it knew there wouldn't be a BB10.
    05-17-13 01:41 PM
    Wait just wait, we all have been waiting for so long now !
    A couple more months won't hurt anymore.
    But it will make it easier to switch the longer it takes.
    05-17-13 01:54 PM
    Personally i think BB has a bit more on their mind right now than BB10 for the PB. BB needed to get the company back on its tracks with new BB10 devices. I'm pretty sure that PB will gets its update (even though i dont own 1). Did BB already specify a release date for the PB BB10 update? If they didnt, it's not a lie.
    Patience is still a virtue and i hope PB owners get their update soon.
    Last edited by Mo Cat; 05-17-13 at 02:21 PM.
    eddy_berry and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-17-13 02:07 PM
    in the video with Jeff Gadway the product manager of Blackberry states "we have deleivered on all our promises" at around the 50 second mark.....ouch that hurts
    Now that we have 7 pages of bickering over a lie in a video, where is this video?
    If I am going to argue a point I would like to see it myself.
    05-17-13 02:12 PM
    Personally i think BB has a bit more on their mind right now than BB10 for the PB. BB needed to get the company back on its tracks with new BB10 devices. I'm pretty sure that PB will gets its update (even though i dont own 1). Did BB already specify a release date for the PB BB10 update? If they didnt, it's not a lie.
    Patience is still a virtue.
    Patience? Honestly and openness are virtues of more importance in life.and in BB(read should be)
    05-17-13 02:14 PM
    Now that we have 7 pages of bickering over a lie in a video, where is this video?
    its made for viviting conversation though hasn't it
    05-17-13 02:15 PM
    Post #130.
    Angus_CB likes this.
    05-17-13 02:18 PM
    Patience? Honestly and openness are virtues of more importance in life.and in BB(read should be)
    Understood. Although, no virtue is better than the other. Another virtue: Being the better man/woman.
    Mo Cat likes this.
    05-17-13 03:25 PM
    You are missing the whole point. Thor promised it. Now he avoids direct questions about it and will not discuss it. All he had to say was, still on track, be patient.
    The concern here, is the ducking and dodging the subject.
    That does not bode well. Not even a Blackberry soon.
    CrackBerry Kevin should have punched Thorsten Heins in the stomach just as Thorsten has punched BlackBerry PlayBook users. That would be the ultimate in user advocacy from CrackBerry.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    05-17-13 03:29 PM
    in the video with Jeff Gadway the product manager of Blackberry states "we have deleivered on all our promises" at around the 50 second mark.....ouch that hurts
    What he really said at 0:35 was; "We're delivering on all the promises that we've made.".

Similar wording but enough difference to give a completely different overall meaning.
    The first sentence means they have completed something, we have delivered.
    The real statement means they are in an ongoing process of doing something, [we're] we are delivering.

Now, back to the promise of BB10 on the Playbooks sometime this year. There is nothing to confirm that Blackberry is not working on this so until we know for sure that they aren't the statement made by Jeff Gadway (Blackberry) is not a lie.
    eddy_berry and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-17-13 03:41 PM
    its made for viviting conversation though hasn't it
    Yes but it's based on a misquote as I've shown above.
    05-17-13 03:44 PM
    CrackBerry Kevin should have punched Thorsten Heins in the stomach just as Thorsten has punched BlackBerry PlayBook users. That would be the ultimate in user advocacy from CrackBerry.

Oh OUCH!!! Wow tell us how you really feel ?!
    05-17-13 03:44 PM

but then he wouldn't be able to right off all those new clothes on his taxes...
    05-17-13 03:47 PM
    Are people actually defending rim's inaction on the pb? Please, somebody pull out that prerelease screenshot featuring Skype, man and BBM. That screenshot was a major deciding factor for me. Up till today, not 1 of the apps featured in the screenshot has been delivered. And yet, we are seeing Skype on bb10. Don't tell me rim has not been neglecting the playbook. "fully committed" was a blatant lie.
    kevinnugent and rnhld like this.
    05-17-13 03:57 PM
    Any virtue could be important in life and patience is a virtue. Righteousness or honesty are most likely the names of the virtue you meant.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-17-13 04:35 PM
    Understood. Although, no virtue is better than the other. Another virtue: Being the better man/woman.
    I am I'm going Windows, a.man votes with his feet not just written expression on a forum
    05-17-13 05:03 PM
    Any virtue could be important in life and patience is a virtue. Righteousness or honesty are most likely the names of the virtue you meant.
    Well I did say honesty
    05-17-13 05:04 PM
    People really are wanting to even use the same hardware in essentially another year? I think the only tech I have around me that's nearly 3 years old is my cordless phone and its due for dumping,... Everything else has been replaced.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-17-13 05:16 PM
    What he really said at 0:35 was; "We're delivering on all the promises that we've made.".

Similar wording but enough difference to give a completely different overall meaning.
    The first sentence means they have completed something, we have delivered.
    The real statement means they are in an ongoing process of doing something, [we're] we are delivering.

Now, back to the promise of BB10 on the Playbooks sometime this year. There is nothing to confirm that Blackberry is not working on this so until we know for sure that they aren't the statement made by Jeff Gadway (Blackberry) is not a lie.
    my bad in all my frustration I must of heard what I wanted to hear
    Chaddface likes this.
    05-17-13 05:28 PM
270 ... 56789 ...