That is not hard to imagine at all. I'm actually finding it hard to imagine why said article doesn't already exist.
    ugh,,, you just wrote his monday morning headline...
    05-17-13 07:34 AM
    Competition? With who? BBRY has lost more ground. As it stands you are right, BB10 is competing with OS7,6, 5. OS5-7 have more apps than 10. What happens when iOS or Android goes button less?
    05-17-13 07:35 AM
    I'm looking at Skype on my Z10 now. Just used it this morning in fact.
    Good for you. Do you see it on your playbook??????
    05-17-13 07:35 AM
    Competition? With who? BBRY has lost more ground. As it stands you are right, BB10 is competing with OS7,6, 5. OS5-7 have more apps than 10. What happens when iOS or Android goes button less?
    How DARE a new platform with about 6 months of development not have more apps than a platform that was for some years the most popular smartphone OS on the planet!

Aside from anything else, I don't think it's true. There's certainly a LOT of apps on BB10 already, and they've been pushing extremely hard to get devs working on the new platform. What apps are you missing that strongly effects how you use your device? What apps specifically do you want from android or iOS? I'm willing to bet that you'll find a BB10 app that will do what you want. Maybe not the exact same app, but the same functionality. Unless you're just ******** you don't get the exact same games, in which case you're a terrible human being.
    05-17-13 07:40 AM
    Good for you. Do you see it on your playbook??????
    Not to sound like a debbie downer, but I do have an official skype app sideloaded onto my PB. Works fine too. Been there for like 8 months. Never had any problems with it. The issue has always been that you couldn't video call from it, but that's not the same as the app not working. But whatever, you can believe whatever you want to.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    05-17-13 07:42 AM
    They said shortly after BB10's release, they would release a version for the Playbook.
    Yes, and no one gave a date except "this year". This is like talking to a brick wall. I give up.

They said they were committed to the Playbook for the last two years that was their motto.
    And in the last two years, they did the following OS updates:
    1.0.1, 1.0.3, 1.0.5, 1.0.6, 1.0.7, 1.0.8
    2.0, 2.0.1, 2.10

They've also released a successor (the LTE model), added PlayBook compatibility to BES etc. At the end of the day though, be realistic here ... the PlayBook tanked. Should it be their primary focus from a business perspective? Should they pour all their energies into a tablet that sold 2.3 million units in about 2 years, or phones which will likely sell more than that in a quarter.

Either they'll try again with a new model (and the old users will get the update), they'll give the os to existing users and quietly bow out; or they'll go back on their word. But so far, they haven't.

I too recommended the PB to ppl because of the promise by RIM to move it to BB10.
    Then this is your problem. They didn't give a date. I get that you are disappointed but I can't recall a single time when the company has said at any point a date other than "2013".

BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will get BlackBerry 10 update | Ars Technica

When I get asked about the PlayBook and BlackBerry 10, I say, "sometime this year but they haven't said when".
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    05-17-13 07:45 AM
    there are already playbooks runnimg bb10, I just want them to release it. its up to everyone as individuals to choose to update
    And if its missing features to work well on 1 GB, then we will get complaints.

And if its fully-featured and runs slow on 1 GB, we will get complaints.
    05-17-13 07:47 AM
    ugh,,, you just wrote his monday morning headline...
    the article does exist and it says only on phones for now, tablets will follow
    05-17-13 07:49 AM
    Not to sound like a debbie downer, but I do have an official skype app sideloaded onto my PB. Works fine too. Been there for like 8 months. Never had any problems with it. The issue has always been that you couldn't video call from it, but that's not the same as the app not working. But whatever, you can believe whatever you want to.
    lol so you have a video chat app that can't video chat ? I domt think you thought this one through
    05-17-13 07:51 AM

you can't please all of da people all of da time .....
    mnc76 likes this.
    05-17-13 07:53 AM
    I'm looking at Skype on my Z10 now. Just used it this morning in fact.
    Bridge it to your pb
    currentodysseys likes this.
    05-17-13 07:59 AM
    How DARE a new platform with about 6 months of development not have more apps than a platform that was for some years the most popular smartphone OS on the planet!

Aside from anything else, I don't think it's true. There's certainly a LOT of apps on BB10 already, and they've been pushing extremely hard to get devs working on the new platform. What apps are you missing that strongly effects how you use your device? What apps specifically do you want from android or iOS? I'm willing to bet that you'll find a BB10 app that will do what you want. Maybe not the exact same app, but the same functionality. Unless you're just ******** you don't get the exact same games, in which case you're a terrible human being.
    Lets be honest here, something similar isn't the same and doesn't necessarily produce the same outcome. I can video chat on my PB and the quality of the video and audio are way better than other offerings, but when everyone else is using SKYPE quality doesn't matter cos I can't call them. So the app does the same but it's not a lot of use when I've got no one else to talk to.

I really love my PB, using it daily, but it's the little things that are missing that cause most strife. And most of these things could have been fixed over the last five months by a single software geek locked in a dark room.

Perhaps BBRY would be better advised to increase native app production for there products than trying to emulate Android and cut a lot of corners.

Personally i'm not sure what message it sends when a company says 'hey, here's our new OS and it's the future and to prove it were going to emulate an inferior platform so you can use inferior software'
    05-17-13 08:00 AM
    So far everything has been spot on according to this rumored road map B10, U10, R10 Shown in Alleged BlackBerry 10 Roadmap for 2013 - N4BB. BBRY is still working hard to perfect OS 10 with the Z10 and Q10, there are loads of complaints about different issues, there will always be complaints anyhow. It might be a little premature to start making promises about the PlayBook at this stage, but there's a tablet rumored for Q3 according to that road map, that may well be BB10 for the PlayBook.
    There is clearly no Q5 on that roadmap, and the closest thing on that roadmap is in 2014 and it's listed as R10. I think that roadmap is pretty much busted.
    05-17-13 08:05 AM
    Sometimes I wonder if you guys have ever tried using other equipment. Playbook browser sucks and crashes big time. Sideload? Into the Gingerbread engine? No proper maps app for where I live (Outside of NA, things get really sucky for maps unless you have Google Maps), GPS is absolute crap on the PB. Can't attempt to lock onto anything inside the house, my Torch, Bold 9900 and my S3 were all fine. Social apps are more crap on the PB, productivity apps when compared to the competition look abysmal (Evernote). No Teamviewer or Logmein apps, no BBM. Even if they were looking to put out a new tablet, I wouldn't even mind but it seems they are just same old same old. Yeh I know it was on me to recommend the PB, that's on me. Trust me that won't happen again.
    05-17-13 08:06 AM

Not sure where you are getting the 6 months of development time from. In the early days, rim said that pb apps would run on BB10, that was an incentive for developers since the pb had an established user base.
    05-17-13 08:07 AM
    I really love my PB, using it daily, but it's the little things that are missing that cause most strife. And most of these things could have been fixed over the last five months by a single software geek locked in a dark room.

Perhaps BBRY would be better advised to increase native app production for there products than trying to emulate Android and cut a lot of corners.

Personally i'm not sure what message it sends when a company says 'hey, here's our new OS and it's the future and to prove it were going to emulate an inferior platform so you can use inferior software'
    Thank you.
    05-17-13 08:10 AM
    There is clearly no Q5 on that roadmap, and the closest thing on that roadmap is in 2014 and it's listed as R10. I think that roadmap is pretty much busted.
    [Opinion] another lie from Blackberry - misleading statement-af.jpg
    05-17-13 08:13 AM
    Sometimes I wonder if you guys have ever tried using other equipment. Playbook browser sucks and crashes big time. Sideload? Into the Gingerbread engine? No proper maps app for where I live (Outside of NA, things get really sucky for maps unless you have Google Maps), GPS is absolute crap on the PB. Can't attempt to lock onto anything inside the house, my Torch, Bold 9900 and my S3 were all fine. Social apps are more crap on the PB, productivity apps when compared to the competition look abysmal (Evernote). No Teamviewer or Logmein apps, no BBM. Even if they were looking to put out a new tablet, I wouldn't even mind but it seems they are just same old same old. Yeh I know it was on me to recommend the PB, that's on me. Trust me that won't happen again.
    lol I've used windows mobile 5, 6, 6.1 and 6.5, android 2.2, 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 and ios 4, 5, 6.1 and I borrowed my friends wp7 phone for a month once so yes I've used other tech....almost all other tech and the playbook with its true multitaskimg is still the best in town and the fluidity of the OS still isn't matched I know the face of my nexus s with by the way started on android 2.3 and ended life on 4.1.1 all with 512 mb of ram and I could run as many apps as I could when I was on gingerbread without any lag.

on that note my galaxy nexus didn't feel any different from my nexus s just a oittle bigger I felt stupid for upgrading
    the galaxy nexus doesn't run 4.1 any better than the nexus s with half the ram
    05-17-13 08:14 AM

I'm curious to see where this lands. My gut says they'll be able to get it working decently. I doubt it will be as fast as Z10, but if it's faster than PlayBook is today in terms of browsing and apps (cascades instead of AIR), I bet most will be happy.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    05-17-13 08:21 AM
    Sometimes I wonder if you guys have ever tried using other equipment.
    Yep. I'm a gadget geek. I'm looking right now at iPad Mini, PlayBook, iPhone, iPod Touch, Apple TV, iPod Mini ...

Playbook browser sucks and crashes big time.
    I agree. Try "Fast Browser". I use it all the time and like it much better than the stock browser.
    Barracuda7772 and eddy_berry like this.
    05-17-13 08:24 AM
    I'm curious to see where this lands. My gut says they'll be able to get it working decently. I doubt it will be as fast as Z10, but if it's faster than PlayBook is today in terms of browsing and apps (cascades instead of AIR), I bet most will be happy.
    I think that is all we are asking really. I absolutely love how fluid the OS is.

Barracuda I get you. I'm just saying these are the things that frustrate ppl and put them off of BBRY.

The Z10 is lovely no doubt, love how BBM looks on that and they have improved on fluidity in BB10 but if we scour these forums we can see some serious oversights that should have been covered long time. In any case I will wait and see how OS11 looks whenever that comes.
    05-17-13 08:29 AM
    I still fail to see how this is a lie.
    If you make and deliver on a set of commitments with one not reaching deadline yet and you say "we have delivered on all our promises" are you lying? I don't believe so.

Edit: I suppose if we go back 2 years and look at "60 day email" and the sykpe pictures it is lying.
    05-17-13 08:29 AM
    I still fail to see how this is a lie.
    If you make and deliver on a set of commitments with one not reaching deadline yet and you say "we have delivered on all our promises" are you lying? I don't believe so.
    if someone asked me to get a bunch of things from a grocery store and I knowingly didn't buy everything on the list but said I bought everything when I got back would I not be lying ?
    05-17-13 08:33 AM
    Taking BlackBerry, PB and the emotion it seems to create out of the conversation for a second.

I promise to do A,B,and C by January. D will be done by April. A,B, C are done in January then in February you say I have followed through on all my promises. Are you lying?
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-17-13 08:42 AM
    Taking BlackBerry, PB and the emotion it seems to create out of the conversation for a second.

I promise to do A,B,and C by January. D will be done by April. A,B, C are done in January then in February you say I have followed through on all my promises. Are you lying?
    if a b and c are dome you fufilled your promises, not all
    05-17-13 08:46 AM
270 ... 34567 ...