What would it sound like to the general consumer if the headlines one day read "BlackBerry delivers new sleek update for 2 year old PlayBook to make up for past mistakes" That would sound so good. It will take some tweaking but I think they can do it. Why would they ignore their customers? Even new customers like this guy...

Who still bought a PlayBook 2 years later. He isn't the only one either...

No not this guy. I was just saying there are others out there buying them now. My buddy wants one. My Girlfriends 5yo nephew wanted one so bad he wouldn't shutup about it. He saw mine and went on about it for months, even calling iPads PlayBooks (he got one for his 5th b-day). But this post here ^^ left a bad taste in my mouth and I had to stop and mention it. MS? I would hate this so much. I hope Thorsten does not go in this direction. Yuck. They don't deserve to have QNX.

Me neither. But it could mean good things are coming. If they can't get it to work right now then they are diverting their remaining resources to make sure BB10 is perfect. Nothing is perfect right now. They don't have the resources to stay afloat AND spread themselves thin. They need 10.2 and/or 10.3 to be the game changing updates that will propel this launch into a full blown victory march. We should all stop complaining to each other. Do as SEAWARRIOR did and tell THEM what the issue is. And do it with some sense of decency. Me personally, I think the real issue here is that they need to be more transparent on this. Give us the truth. Make us Beta testers again if that is what it will take to get it to those kids out there with new PBs bought at great discounts. Reel the future into BB. I will gladly do my part to help. They just need to say the word. Peace.
    A reasonable compromise would be a thank you to the PB Community who carried the water that sprouted the success and bloom of the BB10 series.

Even if its just a small token.
    TorchMach1 and eddy_berry like this.
    05-16-13 07:05 PM
    well if its getting bb10.2 its having access to android 4.2.2 apps witch is a big deal and cascades apps
    ok, well you guys can have 10.0/10.1 right now (which is what the phone users are on right now), and you'll get android 2.3. Then you'll have the exact same OS, it'll just be called blackberry 2.0.
    05-16-13 07:28 PM
    I would settle for just having the bridge functionality with BB10 phones matching what I can do with OS7 and the Playbook. The main reason I bought the Playbook was to be able to view and answer BBMs, text msgs and emails on the bigger screen and keyboard. Also sending images and web pages to the Playbook was nice too, but sadly that is all gone with the new and improved BB10.
    Still makes me laugh when everyone was saying "its the power of qnx that makes bridge possible". "Just wait until we get BB10 phones, then you will really see what it can do!"

My old and outdated 9850 bridges a lot more than my Z does
    05-16-13 08:10 PM
    You are right guys. An explanation would be the very least they could do at this point. Unfortunately, it looks like it will come out in time.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 08:16 PM
    Bridge has always been a one way street. The phone always controlled the pb, now just less.

Fix the file manger and give it a non air written browser (they said that was coming soon last year).

I will say I'm a little worries though, my pb's are much more stable than my Z at this point
    05-16-13 08:22 PM
    bb10 for playbook, I thought I wouodnt have to say because I posed in the playbook forum
    What promise did they break? He said, "it would be coming to PlayBook in 2013". Last I checked, it's still 2013 for 7.5 months and he hasn't suddenly said, "no we aren't doing it anymore" nor did he say, "we will unveil BlackBerry 10 for PlayBook at BlackBerry Live".

I get people are disappointed and I am too. but cmon - they didn't break a promise.

Forums ...
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-16-13 08:36 PM
    It was and still is the biggest mistake BlackBerry made and they are still paying for it.
    I give that one to the STORM myself. :-) It help caused the deterioration of BlackBerry in the United States. PlayBook barely made a blip at launch and only picked up when the price was cut. I know plenty of folks that are quite happy with their discounted PlayBooks. I have met few in the real world who speak fondly of their Storm.

That said, I still think people are getting excessively worked up over rumours and speculation.
    05-16-13 08:40 PM
    "Just wait until we get 2.0 then the apps will start pouring in", all the big apps are waiting for 2.1", "we'll get all the really good stuff once BB10 releases".

Any of this sound familiar?
    05-16-13 08:45 PM
    What do you ever mean????

It is coming, soon, around the corner, in a few, after the storm, when the sun shines, when it doesn't shine, in some time frame unknown to man or only BBRY or it isn't.

Anyway I guess no one knows or has a clue.It's one of those mysteries that may have never happened, it's all just been a dream. Playbook? What is this playbook you speak of?
    h20work likes this.
    05-16-13 08:49 PM
    "Just wait until we get 2.0 then the apps will start pouring in", all the big apps are waiting for 2.1", "we'll get all the really good stuff once BB10 releases".

Any of this sound familiar?
    Get out of my dream would you!
    05-16-13 08:50 PM
    Get out of my dream would you!
    3 words that will never be in a sentence: me, you, and dream
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-16-13 09:00 PM
    well if its getting bb10.2 its having access to android 4.2.2 apps witch is a big deal and cascades apps
    Not to forget new BB10 apps, as there will be no more new 2.1 apps.
    05-16-13 09:01 PM
    3 words that will never be in a sentence: me, you, and dream
    Just like BB10 playbook done.
    h20work likes this.
    05-16-13 09:16 PM
    What promise did they break? He said, "it would be coming to PlayBook in 2013". Last I checked, it's still 2013 for 7.5 months and he hasn't suddenly said, "no we aren't doing it anymore" nor did he say, "we will unveil BlackBerry 10 for PlayBook at BlackBerry Live".

I get people are disappointed and I am too. but cmon - they didn't break a promise.
    Forums ...
    I guess you just skipped over this part of the OP's post.

"in the video with Jeff Gadway the product manager of Blackberry states "we have deleivered on all our promises" at around the 50 second mark.....ouch that hurts"
    05-16-13 09:21 PM
    I give that one to the STORM myself. :-) It help caused the deterioration of BlackBerry in the United States. PlayBook barely made a blip at launch and only picked up when the price was cut. I know plenty of folks that are quite happy with their discounted PlayBooks. I have met few in the real world who speak fondly of their Storm.

That said, I still think people are getting excessively worked up over rumours and speculation.
    Storm! Mine had the hardware standby black screen of death NEW and Vodafone AU nor BB AU would replace it, still sitting here unused from new. If I had not needed UMA BB would never have had me as Orange only had it as only UMA choice, I hear BB and Android UMA are crap and Orange dropped SignalBoost (UMA and marketing eh?) do to it performing badly, well yes if you replace hardware with software BB (and others) thats not UMA that's wifi calling apply....

So I get a PB after being told from BBUK PB will get BB10 Q1 2013, no dice, now I'm being told if I upgrade (27 month old Pearl3G) to BB10 device or go for one anyone else I will lose BIS?
    Yeah I pay �5 a month for it, it's not a FREE bundle Orange, cheeky barstewards.

Research In MajorFAIL no wonder they dropped the RIM....

BlackBerry? Try BlueBalls!! You promised everything and delivered nothing, cok teasing S L U T!!!

I'm off to Windows and unlimited data on 3UK before too long...for same price a month excluding VAT and have unlimited texts not 100 and 250 mins more than 50 Orange and on pay as you go Add to boot I can get a �5 BB services bundle and for a few quid more a month than Orange unlimited texts and data, and more mins WITH BIS and no contract! But then save �5 and use 3 bridged with PB email and ability to use BBWorld anywhere, no searching for wifi!

To think I joined BB for UMA, gone.

Value data, gone.

RedBerry, BlueBalls....I mean why not rebrand completely? Stripped everything BB has been since inception....

Frankly the top table would be gassed to death if LOYAL customers got a chance...

Have a great day all, away for nap its 4am here
    richardat and blueberrymerry like this.
    05-16-13 10:05 PM

That is very true but why is that? Because rim/bbry did not put any of those rumors to bed. Rather Thor helped them fester or poured gasoline on the fire (pick your option) by answering the way he did in his Q&A. No simple - "we are working on it and as I've said by the end of the year." No, some contrived comments about rim's/his mobile vision and how we spend our R&D dollars. Yes, that certainly helped to end speculation.
    blackmoe likes this.
    05-16-13 10:16 PM
    not telling the whole truth or avoiding the truth alltogether is also considered to ne untruthful

You're reaching, dude.

That's one of the big things about these forums. People pass off rumours, speculation and innuendo as 'fact', and then get pissed off when these 'facts' don't come to fruition.

Get mad if Thorsten doesn't have BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook at 11:59 on December 31st. Otherwise, stop accusing him of breaking a promise he didn't make.
    05-16-13 10:57 PM
    That is very true but why is that? Because rim/bbry did not put any of those rumors to bed.
    If they spent all their time debunking the crazy rumours on CrackBerry, they'd never have time to do anything else. LOL
    05-16-13 10:58 PM
    I guess you just skipped over this part of the OP's post.

"in the video with Jeff Gadway the product manager of Blackberry states "we have deleivered on all our promises" at around the 50 second mark.....ouch that hurts"
    Where did they promise the fracken PlayBook update and then break it? You people are really, really reaching.
    Angus_CB likes this.
    05-16-13 10:59 PM
    You are right guys. An explanation would be the very least they could do at this point. Unfortunately, it looks like it will come out in time.

Posted via CB10
    That's the bare minimum I've called for, and the least they could do. All is forgiven if they release it tomorrow? Shouldn't be. They have left these people hanging for MONTHS. Look, if you're going to release it, just give those loyalists a date....IF you miss it (and man, you've had PLENTY of time....LOL), then at least you're only slapping them in the face every day it is OVERDUE....as it is, you're just slapping them in the face every day. making them beg and wait like dogs....and I wouldn't/don't do that to my pets! IF you're reneging, fine, man-up and tell them! They at least deserve to know, either way.

By the way, it's 2 years after release is already into ridiculous territory....just a bit longer, and you're into tech-obsolete territory. PB = ipad TWO! By the time this comes out, ipad FIVE...or maybe nearly SIX will be out.
    Drew808 likes this.
    05-16-13 11:04 PM
    Things would be different if Steve jobs were the one calling the shots at rim... Oh well
    05-16-13 11:07 PM
    Where did they promise the fracken PlayBook update and then break it? You people are really, really reaching.
    You clearly have a reading comprehension problem.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-16-13 11:11 PM
    You are missing the whole point. Thor promised it. Now he avoids direct questions about it and will not discuss it. All he had to say was, still on track, be patient.
    The concern here, is the ducking and dodging the subject.
    That does not bode well. Not even a Blackberry soon.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-16-13 11:25 PM
    I wouldn't say that they lied either... not yet anyway.

However, when Kevin specifically asked about BB10 on the PlayBook, Thorsten Heins deliberately avoided answering that question when all he had to say was "We will provide BlackBerry 10 software updates for all of the PlayBooks that are out there." Basically, he could have just repeated what he already said during the CNBC interview on January 30, 2013.

There is a deliberate avoidance of mentioning anything whatsoever about the PlayBook. He wouldn't even say the word "PlayBook".

Cheers,

Marc
    There is more than one way to look at Heins' response. Could it be that they do have something up their sleeves and playing it close to the vest? Could it also be that they consider the phone more of a priority in the public discussion? I do believe the PlayBook will get its attention; mine is waiting for a breath of fresh air - so to speak. However, since no specific date was given, for the OP to say BBRY lied is a bit of a stretch.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-16-13 11:32 PM
    You are missing the whole point. Thor promised it. Now he avoids direct questions about it and will not discuss it. All he had to say was, still on track, be patient.
    The concern here, is the ducking and dodging the subject.
    That does not bode well. Not even a Blackberry soon.
    I wouldn't worry that much about the lack of specific word about the PlayBook update. BlackBerry World/Jam was focused on the future of the company and the platform, and honestly I think that any PlayBook discussion could have raised more questions than it would have solved, and ultimately would have proved a distraction.

This discussion would have potentially made a relatively small population of PB users happy (maybe), but it may have proved confusing to the rest of the tech media. Not hard to imagine a BGR headline reading "BlackBerry Still Beating Dead PlayBook Horse".
    currentodysseys and Toodeurep like this.
    05-16-13 11:33 PM
270 12345 ...