Did he say WHEN BB10 would be on the Playbook? Is BBRY maybe a little busy rolling out new products, catching up with technology and becoming cutting edge? The fact that it's not here yet, doesn't mean that it's not coming.
    On the other hand, by the time they have time to build, test and rollout the update for existing Playbooks, I would rather buy a new, faster, better tablet with newer technology from them. So I'm hoping they will decide to remain focused on the future.
    05-16-13 01:21 PM
    bb10 for playbook, I thought I wouodnt have to say because I posed in the playbook forum
    to be fair blackberry has not given specific date for bb10 for playbook. all they said was that it would be done this year. we still have over 6 months to go.
    05-16-13 01:53 PM
    Where have you seen PBs running BB10? I haven't come across any such devices.

Posted via CB10
    Try the Tim Hortons on Philip St beside the RIM plant :-)
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    05-16-13 02:06 PM
    Try the Tim Hortons on Philip St beside the RIM plant :-)
    more like the local pub near the BBRY Campus
    05-16-13 02:25 PM
    BB doesn't care....it'll come as fast as the firest update for the PB. That was fast wasn't it!!
    sue them I guess, take them to court, I wish I had a solution....except the only thing I use the PB for is my alarm clock....still need an alarm clock....
    05-16-13 03:05 PM
    Yeah, I would like to see 10.1 on my Playbook ASAP. Waited two years for the Z10. So, before anyone says it, this is not about having enough patience.
    h20work and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    05-16-13 03:10 PM

There is a deliberate avoidance of mentioning anything whatsoever about the PlayBook. He wouldn't even say the word "PlayBook".

Cheers,

Marc
    I have coined the phrase to describe the Rim/BBRY Tablet. It is VOLDEBOOK, the tablet that can't be named (with apologies to J.K. Rowling and separate apologies to Agatha Christie - for the PB, I mean Voldebook's future remains one of the greatest mysteries of our time)
    05-16-13 03:14 PM
    I was beginning to believe that a "worm hole" had been discovered... and that a parallel universe has been discovered... and somehow, a few people already using it... and they used password such as "mobile computing"... and like Z10, there are variants in each parallel word... perhaps the BlackBerry team that we are seeing and hearing right now are probably those from other dimensions... where "PlayBook" doesn't exist...

Well, that's all I can think of... for them to totally forgot about PlayBook...

Posted via Z10
    No its not a 'worm hole' its all in a name...Thor has already announced that 'tablets' would be dead in 5 years...and all the playbooks will be upgraded to Os10....of course to do this...all Thor has to do is rename the Playbook to Tablet...and rename all the Z10s G10s and any other reincarnation of the bb10 phones to "playbook'

Thor also he's decided to change his name to Barbara and Miss Keys will now be known as George.......

carry on....
    XDrew42 likes this.
    05-16-13 03:28 PM
    I would settle for just having the bridge functionality with BB10 phones matching what I can do with OS7 and the Playbook. The main reason I bought the Playbook was to be able to view and answer BBMs, text msgs and emails on the bigger screen and keyboard. Also sending images and web pages to the Playbook was nice too, but sadly that is all gone with the new and improved BB10.
    05-16-13 03:46 PM
    I personally use the PlayBook a lot less now that I have my Z10. Would be nice though if Thor had said, Hey and for ya'll with PlayBooks. We haven't forgotten about you.....or we are ditching the PlayBook all together. Something , Anything. We are a noisy yet patience bunch. I will agree that Tablets are going to go away....so will the stupid Google Glass. (the latter probably sooner than the tablets) So. Thorsten.....send Carrots. geesh....
    eddy_berry and Nonocrack like this.
    05-16-13 03:48 PM
    I have no use or need for BB10 at all but if sales of existing BB10 devices don't perk up enough to make a noticeable difference in the market, it would be crazy for them to invest time and money on anything else to do with BB10.
    05-16-13 04:18 PM
    bb10 for playbook, I thought I wouodnt have to say because I posed in the playbook forum
    Grow up... And by the way, your lack of specificity in your first post is risible. Things take time and strategies change on occasion. Deal with it.
    05-16-13 04:41 PM
    I can totally understand why people who own PlayBooks are completely upset with this situation. On the other hand, any way you look at it, PlayBook was a disaster. Not from a hardware stand point, but from actual software avalibe in the original launch. It was and still is the biggest mistake BlackBerry made and they are still paying for it. I'm sure there is a good reason why BlackBerry wants to be extremely careful when deciding it's next strategic move in this regard. They have already suffered the onslaught of negative press and dismal sales figures. Why would they want to play into that hand again until they have all their ducks in a row? I would buy a new PlayBook in a second. This doesn't mean I don't understand why this may never happen. BlackBerry can't afford one miss step and it shows. Don't blame them one bit.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 05:19 PM
    I can totally understand why people who own PlayBooks are completely upset with this situation. On the other hand, any way you look at it, PlayBook was a disaster. Not from a hardware stand point, but from actual software avalibe in the original launch. It was and still is the biggest mistake BlackBerry made and they are still paying for it. I'm sure there is a good reason why BlackBerry wants to be extremely careful when deciding it's next strategic move in this regard. They have already suffered the onslaught of negative press and dismal sales figures. Why would they want to play into that hand again until they have all their ducks in a row? I would buy a new PlayBook in a second. This doesn't mean I don't understand why this may never happen. BlackBerry can't afford one miss step and it shows. Don't blame them one bit.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I bought my new 64 GB PlayBook (delivered yesterday, wooho!) knowing full well that it may never get another OS update. But after careful consideration of the pros and cons, I got it anyway. It was too good a value (in my opinion) to pass up.

I may be disappointed in how BlackBerry has handled the PlayBook from day one, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a tablet that does enough of what I want for a fantastic price. And I can certainly understand why they may not want to keep committing valuable resources to a product that has clearly generated significant losses for them when they are trying to reinvent themselves and compete.
    05-16-13 05:26 PM
    I'm thinking at the end of the year, they will announce a trade up program from the Playbook to their new phablet product. $100 for your old Playbook or something like that. Of course, probably only in Canada.
    05-16-13 05:27 PM
    If it makes you feel better, I paid well over 500 Euro for my playbook (I would have to go back to my initial comments to remember the exact ammount lol... I think I just wiped it off my memory intentionally... ).

I know how you feel. They did say that it was coming that is true. All playbook owners, especially early adopters (I am one) have had an immense love&hate relationship with the PB. You get to really love the device and you got to really hate the way RIM played out the launch and updates/features.

It has been a loooooong way of wait, hope, disappointment, joy, nerves, more disappointment... more waiting... and we are still waiting, this is true. Meanwhile I have to admit, I still love my pb dearly. It is an amazing device that has been neglected in a way that it amazes and hurts... it has been deprived of its childhood... I think that we have been lab rats for the BB10 development in some way... and yet, now we still have to wait....

I also have to admit that I now have a z10 so I got my fix and my CrackBerry leveled up and maintained me calm, this also is true in my case.

But I will say this: It aches me to not have bb10 on the PB... even a "half baked" bb10... it is now only collecting dust mostly and used for reading e-books... it deserves better.

I am afraid that by the time they launch bb10 for PB, my pb will be "too old for this ****"..

On the other hand I understand that with the current BB10 and new launches on devices, BB is not very eagre to prioritize and push this update untill they settle some things with BB10 first... I am not excusing them but it just makes sense from a business perspective.

I hold Thorstein to his word. I know it has been a long wait man, I feel you, really; but I believe that there is not much waiting left... give it a bit more time.

Patience brother! (yeah... more patience I know).. but still... Patience, there should not be long left to get there!
    Keep the spirits up!
    05-16-13 05:41 PM
    I'm thinking at the end of the year, they will announce a trade up program from the Playbook to their new phablet product. $100 for your old Playbook or something like that. Of course, probably only in Canada.

Hahahahah I do not know if to actually laugh, die laughing or cry! that cracked me up but then the mere remote posibility of this scenario sent a chill in my spine... Winter is Coming.....
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-16-13 05:42 PM
    For all the public statements PB full BB10 will need to be delivered or a lot of court appearances will equal a double or triple rightdown on the $500 million, and that paves the way for a (Microsoft Software) buyout, given BB is well becoming a secure software company like Microsoft and the odd hardware (Xbox, Surface) by whoring itself out to.any OS that will have it (paid app no doubt=income because BB lost the plot) and removing BIS security which WP7/8/Surface integrated modem will redeploy at takeover.

BBM takes away security along with BIS removal. Double trouble.

Any chance I got locked out CB since spilling the beans on M/Soft on another thread? Well I was still logged in on Playbook browser, Fast Browser may not work,stock does as never logged out

FastBrowser/CB: username not recognised same as Dolphin etc etc...

PM me.folks, ill add emails incase I get totally locked out CB
    05-16-13 06:03 PM
    Agreed op, the fact that there is no beta, not even talk of when a beta might come ,and nothing in the 10.2 sdk even hinting at tablet suggests that BlackBerry is not keeping the promise. They were hyping up BlackBerry10 for PlayBook a lot when that was the only QNX hardware they could sell. Then the Z - 10 hits and silence.....

I still have the tweet from BlackBerry dev saying PlayBook BlackBerry10 beta would be available for all users shortly after the BlackBerry10 launch.

I have numerous tweets favorite from BlackBerry answering customer questions about BlackBerry10 on the PlayBook. "Yes! All PlayBook will be updated to BlackBerry 10, stay tuned for details! "

I don't buy it now. It's just WAY TOO QUIET! I lost a lot of respect for BlackBerry...and I'm not so sure ill be picking up a couple of Q 10 for me and the wife at launch either.

I've been telling friends and family of whom I talked into getting a PlayBook about how awesome BlackBerry10 will be on it and that Skype IS coming...wow I feel like a jacka$$ thanks BlackBerry.

The sad thing is that they could at least update our Android runtime so we can use Skype or Netflix or Instagram but they can't even do that let alone give us BlackBerry10...don't get me started on BBM that's gonna be on ios and Android all while BlackBerry has had a PlayBook native version for many many months but won't release it.
    Attached Thumbnails [Opinion] another lie from Blackberry - misleading statement-img_00000191.jpg  
    richardat likes this.
    05-16-13 06:20 PM
    if any of you get that BB email survey, be sure to let them know what's on your mind...
    05-16-13 06:26 PM
    I doubt that they can afford to lose anymore money on pb's by having any such program.
    05-16-13 06:34 PM
    Other than the hub and BBM, what is so important about getting BB10 on it?

Is it the UI?
    Is it sideloading android applications?

I say this, because I haven't used my playbook in damn near forever, and can't really think of what features really set my Z10 apart from my PlayBook. Other than BBM and the hub, it seems to be very similar.
    05-16-13 06:37 PM
    Other than the hub and BBM, what is so important about getting BB10 on it?

Is it the UI?
    Is it sideloading android applications?

I say this, because I haven't used my playbook in damn near forever, and can't really think of what features really set my Z10 apart from my PlayBook. Other than BBM and the hub, it seems to be very similar.
    well if its getting bb10.2 its having access to android 4.2.2 apps witch is a big deal and cascades apps
    05-16-13 06:42 PM
    I doubt that they can afford to lose anymore money on pb's by having any such program.
    F2,

You, I, and a few others around here were the 1st adopters of the PB. I, myself, spent $1,877.00 on 3 PBs around launch day including replacing a screen that had broken (I was successful, but I had my youtube video blocked for some reason (I never finished that thread by the way)).

To hear absolute and deafening silence from BBRY regarding the PBs is simply astonishing, and somewhat appalling. To be perfectly candid, it appears that the PBs were the real Alpha units that led to the birth of the Z10s. No one can tell me different.

As a result, I feel that the PB community paid for the opportunity to be BBRY's (back then RIM) choice guinea pigs for their successes of today.

And the thanks we get? Absolutely nada.

No value proposition, no real ROI (initially we got some ROI because it was a device very unique to the tablet market).

Am I being fair in my views?
    Last edited by tstrike34; 05-17-13 at 04:45 AM.
    05-16-13 06:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    What would it sound like to the general consumer if the headlines one day read "BlackBerry delivers new sleek update for 2 year old PlayBook to make up for past mistakes" That would sound so good. It will take some tweaking but I think they can do it. Why would they ignore their customers? Even new customers like this guy...

I agree. I bought my new 64 GB PlayBook (delivered yesterday, wooho!)
    Who still bought a PlayBook 2 years later. He isn't the only one either...

For all the public statements PB full BB10 will need to be delivered or a lot of court appearances will equal a double or triple rightdown on the $500 million, and that paves the way for a (Microsoft Software) buyout....
    No not this guy. I was just saying there are others out there buying them now. My buddy wants one. My Girlfriends 5yo nephew wanted one so bad he wouldn't shutup about it. He saw mine and went on about it for months, even calling iPads PlayBooks (he got one for his 5th b-day). But this post here ^^ left a bad taste in my mouth and I had to stop and mention it. MS? I would hate this so much. I hope Thorsten does not go in this direction. Yuck. They don't deserve to have QNX.

I don't buy it now. It's just WAY TOO QUIET!
    Me neither. But it could mean good things are coming. If they can't get it to work right now then they are diverting their remaining resources to make sure BB10 is perfect. Nothing is perfect right now. They don't have the resources to stay afloat AND spread themselves thin. They need 10.2 and/or 10.3 to be the game changing updates that will propel this launch into a full blown victory march. We should all stop complaining to each other. Do as SEAWARRIOR did and tell THEM what the issue is. And do it with some sense of decency. Me personally, I think the real issue here is that they need to be more transparent on this. Give us the truth. Make us Beta testers again if that is what it will take to get it to those kids out there with new PBs bought at great discounts. Reel the future into BB. I will gladly do my part to help. They just need to say the word. Peace.
    tstrike34 and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    05-16-13 07:00 PM
270 1234 ...