in the video with Jeff Gadway the product manager of Blackberry states "we have deleivered on all our promises" at around the 50 second mark.....ouch that hurts
    05-16-13 11:25 AM
    Are you really keeping count? <groan>
    05-16-13 11:30 AM
    buisnesses need to be held accountable. and yes I'm keeping count
    monsky1956, dmlis, Etios and 18 others like this.
    05-16-13 11:35 AM
    What in specific are your referring to? If it is OS10 for the PlayBook, I don't think any promise was made other than later this year.
    seacan2 likes this.
    05-16-13 11:36 AM
    a few more specifics would be helpful.....
    seacan2 likes this.
    05-16-13 11:42 AM
    a few more specifics would be helpful.....
    bb10 for playbook, I thought I wouodnt have to say because I posed in the playbook forum
    Rello likes this.
    05-16-13 11:43 AM
    What in specific are your referring to? If it is OS10 for the PlayBook, I don't think any promise was made other than later this year.
    Actually Thorsten Heins stated the following on January 30, 2013 in an interview with CNBC (check from 6:40 to 6:55 in the video linked below)...

We will provide BlackBerry 10 software updates for all of the PlayBooks that are out there. So, the wifi and the 4G versions, they will all be upgradable to BlackBerry 10.

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/compone...bcplayershare/

If embedded video doesn't work (click the link above) or click below and scroll down to where the video is embedded...

Thorsten Heins Confirms That All Existing PlayBook Tablets Will Get BlackBerry 10 Software Updates - BerryReview

I hope BlackBerry follows through on Thor's statement. It's 3� months later and I would like to have an updated Playbook running BB10 with a proper bridge between my Z10 and my Playbook.

Not only is Thorsten Heins' reputation and integrity on the line, mine is as well because I recommended to all of my clients that they should buy the Playbook because it was the only device out at the time that would get BB10 when it was released (as per BlackBerry/RIM). If we don't get BB10 on the Playbook I'm the one who has to explain it to my clients.

Cheers,

Marc
    dmlis, Blacklatino, irsan and 11 others like this.
    05-16-13 11:46 AM
    I was beginning to believe that a "worm hole" had been discovered... and that a parallel universe has been discovered... and somehow, a few people already using it... and they used password such as "mobile computing"... and like Z10, there are variants in each parallel word... perhaps the BlackBerry team that we are seeing and hearing right now are probably those from other dimensions... where "PlayBook" doesn't exist...

Well, that's all I can think of... for them to totally forgot about PlayBook...

Posted via Z10
    richardat and calles like this.
    05-16-13 11:47 AM
    Yes, I think a lot of us are frustrated right now, but as far as I know, they never gave a date the the PB would be updated to BB10. I know that many times it has been stated "later this year." So I'm not quite sure where the lie is.

Believe me, I wanted some kind of announcement as bad as the next person, and I'm disappointed. But, to say they lied... I'm not willing to jump on that boat just yet.
    seacan2 and bungaboy like this.
    05-16-13 11:51 AM
    Yes, I think a lot of us are frustrated right now, but as far as I know, they never gave a date the the PB would be updated to BB10. I know that many times it has been stated "later this year." So I'm not quite sure where the lie is.

Believe me, I wanted some kind of announcement as bad as the next person, and I'm disappointed. But, to say they lied... I'm not willing to jump on that boat just yet.
    not telling the whole truth or avoiding the truth alltogether is also considered to ne untruthful
    05-16-13 11:56 AM
    I wouldn't say that they lied either... not yet anyway.

However, when Kevin specifically asked about BB10 on the PlayBook, Thorsten Heins deliberately avoided answering that question when all he had to say was "We will provide BlackBerry 10 software updates for all of the PlayBooks that are out there." Basically, he could have just repeated what he already said during the CNBC interview on January 30, 2013.

There is a deliberate avoidance of mentioning anything whatsoever about the PlayBook. He wouldn't even say the word "PlayBook".

Cheers,

Marc
    JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    05-16-13 11:59 AM

No one is frustrated because BB10 is not available on the PB today. Their ******e-behaviour is not willing to answer our justified questions if they will still/ever release it on the PB! This is so ridiclios of them ... but it seems this is the true BB way. Don't like it!
    bee_rye and richardat like this.
    05-16-13 12:22 PM
    No one is frustrated because BB10 is not available on the PB today. Their ******e-behaviour is not willing to answer our justified questions if they will still/ever release it on the PB! This is so ridiclios of them ... but it seems this is the true BB way. Don't like it!
    you must be new here, because you clearly havnt been reading any of the posts on the playbook forum
    Blacklatino and sinfocomar like this.
    05-16-13 12:28 PM
    I'm not sure if I want them to release BB10 on the PlayBook. Don't get me wrong, I was number 7 in line to buy my PB on launch day at $499 but it's a 2 year old tech product that is closing in on 3 yrs. It had a great run. I recommended it to several of my friends and they bought it too because I said BB10 would come to it.

But given where we stand today where BB10 has a memory footprint that needs 2GB of ram and isn't optimized for a tablet form factor I'd say let the PlayBook die and focus on the future. Put those developers to use adding features to BB10 like multi alarm or whatever else and stop looking backwards at the 2-3 million PB users who have one today.

Some of us will whine if BB10 doesn't come to PB but I'd rather see BlackBerry focus on their business and drive sales and be around for me to buy products from in 2 to 3 years than focus on updating a product that's 3 years old.

Thorsten you have my full support to not update my PlayBook to BB10. In exchange I want $100 off a brand new BB10 tablet.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:35 PM
    I'm not sure if I want them to release BB10 on the PlayBook. Don't get me wrong, I was number 7 in line to buy my PB on launch day at $499 but it's a 2 year old tech product that is closing in on 3 yrs. It had a great run. I recommended it to several of my friends and they bought it too because I said BB10 would come to it.

But given where we stand today where BB10 has a memory footprint that needs 2GB of ram and isn't optimized for a tablet form factor I'd say let the PlayBook die and focus on the future. Put those developers to use adding features to BB10 like multi alarm or whatever else and stop looking backwards at the 2-3 million PB users who have one today.

Some of us will whine if BB10 doesn't come to PB but I'd rather see BlackBerry focus on their business and drive sales and be around for me to buy products from in 2 to 3 years than focus on updating a product that's 3 years old.

Thorsten you have my full support to not update my PlayBook to BB10. In exchange I want $100 off a brand new BB10 tablet.

Posted via CB10
    there are already playbooks runnimg bb10, I just want them to release it. its up to everyone as individuals to choose to update
    05-16-13 12:38 PM
    Even though I could care less about the PB getting BB10, this is still no way to conduct business concerning this issue. The PB situation needs to be addressed.
    05-16-13 12:38 PM
    I wouldn't say that they lied either... not yet anyway.

However, when Kevin specifically asked about BB10 on the PlayBook, Thorsten Heins deliberately avoided answering that question when all he had to say was "We will provide BlackBerry 10 software updates for all of the PlayBooks that are out there." Basically, he could have just repeated what he already said during the CNBC interview on January 30, 2013.

There is a deliberate avoidance of mentioning anything whatsoever about the PlayBook. He wouldn't even say the word "PlayBook".

Cheers,

Marc
    at least where I live, it still is 2013, may 16th, with over 7 months to go, and they specifically said: later this year. I think once Dec 31st is over or BBRY specifically says: no bb10 for pb this year or never, then it is in fact a lie. I own a pb, would be great to have bb10 on it, but to me, they are not breaking any promise. It is a whole different story if they announced a release date (and didn't honor it), which they didn't. I believe the OP (and some others as well) needs to concede that he was assuming that during the BB Live event an announcement will be given, and since didn't happen, he is frustrated. I do understand the frustration, but don't understand how the frustration leads to assume wishes as a fact (correct me if i am wrong, but don't recall any statement saying that during BB Live event an announcement regarding bb10 on pb will be made). I do agree that TH eluded the question when he was asked but i think that if he would have said the same that we already know (later this year), people still would be complaining. And again, I would love to have bb10 in my pb, I use it all the time and even more when I travel, but that doesn't mean that I will lose my rationality.
    05-16-13 12:40 PM
    So far everything has been spot on according to this rumored road map B10, U10, R10 Shown in Alleged BlackBerry 10 Roadmap for 2013 - N4BB. BBRY is still working hard to perfect OS 10 with the Z10 and Q10, there are loads of complaints about different issues, there will always be complaints anyhow. It might be a little premature to start making promises about the PlayBook at this stage, but there's a tablet rumored for Q3 according to that road map, that may well be BB10 for the PlayBook.
    seacan2 likes this.
    05-16-13 12:45 PM
    there are already playbooks runnimg bb10, I just want them to release it. its up to everyone as individuals to choose to update
    Where have you seen PBs running BB10? I haven't come across any such devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:46 PM
    waa waaa waaa
    rjshahan and thatplaybookguy like this.
    05-16-13 12:48 PM
    I think I can wait
    not telling the whole truth or avoiding the truth alltogether is also considered to ne untruthful
    Well, as i said, I'm disappointed that there was no mention also. In fact, the thing that jumped out at me was when Frank Boulben was on stage and talking about the fragmented marketing, there was a list of former BB products. there were 2 products that were not listed. 1) The Playbook 2) The Storm. That does indicate to me that the PB may be relegated to the same class as the Storm... a device that they would prefer never speak of again. Thats too bad, because I love my PB, and I'd really like to have the Z10 browser and a fully functional bridge.

But, with all that said, I get it that their main focus is on the new phones. And to say that they lied, is not (yet) true. They said the update would be later this year. So, while upset with the lack of information, I don't think they've lied.

Just my opinion.
    JeepBB, trynacu2 and Toodeurep like this.
    Where have you seen PBs running BB10? I haven't come across any such devices.

Posted via CB10
    the dev alpha os10 software runs on the playbook. and there are bb10 playbooks in the medical feild, along with what ever BBRY has running/testing
    05-16-13 12:49 PM
    the dev alpha os10 software runs on the playbook. and there are bb10 playbooks in the medical feild, along with what ever BBRY has running/testing
    The BB10 version from the dev alpha runs on the PB but it's hardly release quality. You can't run more than 1-2 basic apps and it's not optimized for the screen. The effort to optimize the screen and memory to turn that kludge into a viable product isn't worth the investment.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:55 PM
    So far everything has been spot on according to this rumored road map B10, U10, R10 Shown in Alleged BlackBerry 10 Roadmap for 2013 - N4BB. BBRY is still working hard to perfect OS 10 with the Z10 and Q10, there are loads of complaints about different issues, there will always be complaints anyhow. It might be a little premature to start making promises about the PlayBook at this stage, but there's a tablet rumored for Q3 according to that road map, that may well be BB10 for the PlayBook.
    That roadmap was followed by this one:
    [Opinion] another lie from Blackberry - misleading statement-af.jpg
    05-16-13 01:01 PM
270 123 ...