Hi i would like to know, if operamini browser can be dl onto the playbook? if so pls let me know how thanx
    11-01-11 02:21 PM
    No. There are Android versions, but they do not work (or don't work well atleast) on the Playbook. Hopefully Opera decides to develop for QNX/BBX soon. Also, we should be getting Opera Mobile not Mini. Mobile is more of a "desktop" browser than Mini. Us BB users aren't familiar with Opera Mobile but it has been on WinMo for a while, and I think now Android.

I'm sure many will say the stock browser is amazing and why would we need another browser, but Opera has proven their compression is great and browsing is generally much faster than stock browsers on all platforms. Plus syncing if you use Opera on your PC. Lots of reason people would want it. I happen to prefer choices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-11 02:41 PM
    you can't ;(
    11-01-11 02:44 PM
    I would love Opera on the PlayBook. It is my main browser on the desktop and Opera Mini on my BB.
    11-01-11 06:16 PM
    I thought bb.in had the android version sideloaded on his in OS 2.0, at least the icon was there when he posted the vid ICS running on his playbook. I would PM him if you want to get an answer.

11-01-11 07:18 PM
    i will start a new thread on this topic. is opera mini available as an android app on 2.0?
    11-01-11 11:07 PM
    I'd like to know why we can't get Opera Mini. Isn't it just a jar file that any phone with a JVM can run? I've loaded it up on a myriad of different phones, even cheapy feature phones.
    11-01-11 11:23 PM
    Forum members tried to install it to PB.
    (Android)

Won't work.

11-01-11 11:27 PM
    So just to clarify. If one were to download PBOS 2.0 you would NOT be able to use opera browser or you WOULD be able to??

Important for me to know......thanks in advance.
    11-02-11 07:41 PM
    So just to clarify. If one were to download PBOS 2.0 you would NOT be able to use opera browser or you WOULD be able to??

Important for me to know......thanks in advance.
    You can load it, but it doesn't work properly. It wouldn't fully open for me. (This is the Android App converted to a .BAR)
    11-02-11 07:42 PM
    11-02-11 08:07 PM
    Hello you can get one here.
    01-13-13 04:18 AM
    With our native browsers and the other options in Playbookworld aging I figured I would resurrect this thread to see if anyone was still successfully using Opera or a droid alternative on their playbook.
    09-29-14 06:54 AM
    Opera Mini might be worth testing. I'll give it a try later today and report back.

Meanwhile, lately I'm liking the version of Maxthon available in BB World.
    09-29-14 07:28 AM
    A good alternative for Opera would be Dolphin Browser on Playbook.
    Do check it out. It wont disappoint you I guess.

Posted via AWESOME Z10 STL100-2
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-29-14 08:22 AM
    I am using Maxthon right now. It renders pages well - but is quite slow when compared to Origami or the native browser...it also fails the certificate revocation test at https://revoked.grc.com (Which opera mobile, but not opera mini) seems to pass.
    09-29-14 08:29 AM
    I still haven't tested, but I converted the APK. Here's a link to the BAR if anyone wants to try it out:

http://107.150.58.162/Apk2Bar/bar/co..._v7.5.5.28.bar
    09-29-14 08:31 AM
    Opera Mini might be worth testing. I'll give it a try later today and report back.

Meanwhile, lately I'm liking the version of Maxthon available in BB World.
    The only android version of Opera Mini that I could get to work is ver. 4.2.14427. I have it in my PlayBook right now and it does work but it is very limited in functionality.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 04:49 PM
    When you say it is limited in functionality what won't it do? Is it faster than the native browser or origami?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:19 AM
    When you say it is limited in functionality what won't it do? Is it faster than the native browser or origami?

Posted via CB10
    The UI is terrible for the most part--you enter the www address in a blank screen then swipe down to select OK to enter the address. Also to get the keyboard up you must swipe inward from the bottom left corner of the Playbook. Pictures on web sites are fuzzy and not scaled properly, but text on web sites is displayed well and appears quickly. So if you have a web page with no ads, or media there are lots of problems. Web pages DO load very quickly though, so I do use it on some sites where there is very little video content. Also there are no tabs on the browser and settings are very basic. To use this browser you have to use the Playbook's gestures, especially the corner swipe inwards for the keyboard and outwards for the back to previous page. Hope this helps!
    10-01-14 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD