Was searching the forum as I have a problem using videos I record on the playbook in the latest Pinnacle Studio 15 (Avid) video editing software. Studio does not allow import of the mp4 files yet I can open other mp4 files in Studio. I searched in other posts and found a post about the same issue with Vegas Editing software.

The videos from the playbook will open in Windows Movie maker however.

Anyone else have issues loading these playbook recorded videos into various Video Editing Software?

Is there something special about the format?
    Thanks in advance for any insight.
    12-26-11 09:55 PM
    Never had a problem using Sony Vegas which is what I personally use. If you need a good video convertor I recommend SUPER
    12-26-11 10:10 PM
    I use a Mac, and iMovie works perfectly. Don't know if it's available for Windows.
    GlowingBlue likes this.
    12-26-11 10:57 PM
    Thanks guys.
    I didn't want to convert as it is nice to use original footage. Generally Studio 15 has taken everything I throw at it in terms of formats (And I have loaded a ton of various formats in it for years). Strange these playbook vids won't open.

I mainly wanted to hear if videos were usable on your systems and video editing software before I took it up with Pinnacle Studio Support.

So far it seems videos are opening for you guys in various Computer video editing softwares. I would still love to hear a few more reports of various working softwares, or in particular, Pinnacle Studio users.
    NOTE Vids play fine on my Win7 64bit computer but just won't open in the latest Pinnacle studio 15.

Thanks again all
    Last edited by manytone; 12-27-11 at 01:44 AM.
    12-27-11 12:55 AM
    There is a nice, free program MediaInfo that will provide the encoding info for media files. Using it with one of my camera videos it shows the video as AVC and the audio as AAC. One or the other is likely not supported by your softwre.
    12-27-11 04:12 AM
    I use a Mac, and iMovie works perfectly. Don't know if it's available for Windows.
    Does the video from the playbook load into iMovie without hassle?
    I was wondering the same thing but for iMovie in particular...

Would you be able to share your experience?

:
    01-20-12 12:19 PM
    Partially filmed with my Playbook. Unfortunately, I have an OtterBox on my Playbook and it has a protective film on the lens, so I didn't notice until we were editing that it caused an issue with the video. The most obvious portion shot with the Playbook is when the "Ninja Girl" is running and looking into the camera.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q4hZO0H-hs[/YT]

Oh... I forgot to mention.
    I used Adobe Premiere to edit the video. I just copied it onto my PC from the Playbook and then loaded it into Premiere.
    Last edited by LoganSix; 01-20-12 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Info about video editor.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-20-12 02:17 PM
    That is pretty funny (which I hope it was meant to be!)!
    01-20-12 03:12 PM
    Thanks. Yes, it was supposed to be.

The 48 Hour Film Project doesn't give you a lot of time. You get the genre, character, line and prop on Friday night. You have to write, shoot, edit and hand back in the finished film on Sunday night.
    01-23-12 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD