is there anyway when i tap and hold and open link in new tab that it opens the link without going to it right away?

would love this feature if there isnt one already. i like to open many tabs but i dont want to be taken there right away i just want to open and themand let them load in the backround.

often im reading news and it provides link i wana let them load but i dont wana go there i want to keep reading

sorry for typos playbookno auto correct
    01-09-12 09:57 PM
    What I usually do is long press on a link, choose open in a new tab and press the current tab on the top right away. This way it stays on the current tab while the new tab is being opened.

I don't know if there are settings that control tab opening though. Above method worked well for me so far.
    Linegod and KermEd like this.
    01-09-12 10:27 PM
    i agree. This is certainly a hiccup that I find annoying. I also wish there was a "new tab" option without gesturing down the top menu.
    01-09-12 10:30 PM
    I second that. 'Open in background tab' is an option I sorely miss. Might suggest it to HataX for his awesome SimpleBrowser.
    Linegod and KermEd like this.
    01-09-12 10:57 PM
    i agree. This is certainly a hiccup that I find annoying. I also wish there was a "new tab" option without gesturing down the top menu.
    Gesturing down the top menu is actually a good move as we only have 600 vertical pixels. Adding the tab menu may take away those precious few pixels.

Anyway, here is a video of how I open new tabs in the background. Works well for me.

Linegod likes this.
    01-09-12 11:22 PM
    I'm just not fast enough. Even when I try, the new tab is already there!
    01-10-12 01:03 AM
    Keep practicing, make a mental note of where the location of the tab you want to return to is and with practice you'll hit the right spot every time. I will note however some sites don't load well if in the background, though most are perfect when I get to them.
    01-10-12 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD