anyone knows how to open password protected pdfs? the playbook wont open it doesnt even ask for a password it just closes adobe.. on the other hand i can watch from my 9800....
    its getting kind of frustrating
    05-11-11 11:19 PM
    Has anyone encountered this? Please is driving me nuts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 09:54 AM
    i have never been able to open secured .pdfs on PB i tried but could not. i was able to load a secure .pdf from my pc to 9550 and open it on 9550. showed up in bridge files but when i try to open it i get a blank page in adobe reader and it says 0/1 pages. frustrating i am sure we will see it in future updates *crossing fingers*
    05-12-11 10:01 AM
    Same here..but i get the blank page with a notification saying that is password protected and it closesthe program.. Hopefully we'll get it in the ner future

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 10:20 AM
    Same issue - I don't think it can be done in the current version of OS. What I did as a work around was open the password protected .pdf on my PC, then printed to a .pdf printer (many versions out there that can do this) and saved it then moved it ro PB - removed the password restriction and stored on my PB. Not ideal - hope it's a fix for future updates, but may work for you if you have a need to have a .pdf on your PB for reference.
    05-12-11 11:02 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Do you guys know where we can post this issue to Blackberry or Adobe? (Unless one of you have already made the ticket =) )
    05-30-11 01:45 PM
    As far as I know, this is related to the Adobe DRM and has nothing to do with the QNX OS. I would suggest you post your question to the Adobe website, along with the usual question as to when Adobe will be upgrading their reader to add more functionalities to their PB version.
    05-30-11 02:26 PM
    same problem here.

shame on adobe for releasing such crappy reader to rim. sadly, there is nothing yet to replace it (like nitro etc). hoping that will happen soon.

not only adobe cant handle password protected files, it has many issues with unprotected files as well. i.e it seams that some of pdf files that are larger than 10 pages, only display blank pages after page 9 or 10. the number of pages displayed is correct, only pages are blank.
    any advice? tia

also, do you guys convert any of your ebooks into pdf format, so they can be read on pb? can adobe handle them?
    06-01-11 01:49 AM
    still not working after the 1.0.5 update
    06-10-11 10:20 AM
    same problem here.

shame on adobe for releasing such crappy reader to rim. sadly, there is nothing yet to replace it (like nitro etc). hoping that will happen soon.

not only adobe cant handle password protected files, it has many issues with unprotected files as well. i.e it seams that some of pdf files that are larger than 10 pages, only display blank pages after page 9 or 10. the number of pages displayed is correct, only pages are blank.
    any advice? tia

also, do you guys convert any of your ebooks into pdf format, so they can be read on pb? can adobe handle them?
    It can handle large files my largest pdf is like 300+ pages I can read every page. Sucks i can't search for specific term or phrase though.
    06-10-11 10:56 AM
    same issue............
    06-10-11 10:59 AM
    same problem here.

any advice? tia
    Mine works fine on larger pdf's, however it won't work on pdf packages where you have multiples pdf's in a single file.

This is an enhancement that is coming from Adobe at some point, but the big question is when. I would imagine that they will also support password protected pdf's at some point in the future as well.

It is the same as many of the current apps for the Playbook - the developers wanted to get something basic out the door and then fix it later...
    06-10-11 11:33 AM
    anyone know if there's same problem on z10.....has bb10 solved it ??
    02-12-13 10:20 AM
    qPDF or RepliGo Reader (sideloaded) will open password protected PDFs.
    02-12-13 11:00 AM
    The native app Pdf Reader by sporadic software can also open password locked pdfs.
    05-02-13 01:27 PM
    The use PDF Password Recovery Tool is ideal for removing restrictions from password protected PDF files. The powerful tool removes all the types of user and owner passwords, by decrypting the encrypted files with the help of its decryption techniques like Brute-force, dictionary attack, mask attack etc.
    see more:
    12-03-13 10:52 PM
    Hmm.

Let's all test this.

1. Create a PDF with a password using Acrobat Standard/Pro (both actually).

2. Create a third PDF using A freeware software or one that is supported using open code like that in Linux or Mac OS X.

NOTE : try using alpha characters only on the first pass of three, then symbols included on the second pass. I have a feeling using special characters will cause issues. Also enable printing.

3 try opening three on BB10, Blend doesn't make a difference cause the source is on BB10.

This issue has been around since the BBOS days without third party tools, and I agree the OS is not the direct culprit yet possibly it cannot authenticate due to adobe's criteria of security.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD