My case has been ordered and is on the way...but not soon enough. Dropped it on asphalt today, the screen is fine and it seems to operate okay, but that outer bezel is made with VERY soft metal and it got gouged up pretty good in a couple corners. I don't suppose anyone has attempted a bezel replacement on one of these yet?

If you haven't got a case yet, get one quickly. I am normally not a fan of cases, but this outer bezel is not very durable so I'm making an exception.
    jcool13 likes this.
    05-19-11 01:58 PM
    Are you asking if a Bezel Transplant is possible?
    beamolite likes this.
    05-19-11 02:03 PM
    Are you asking if a Bezel Transplant is possible?
    I think it's possible, since there are a couple suppliers that sell the replacement bezels, just wondering if anyone had done it yet and what the pitfalls might be.
    05-19-11 02:06 PM
    Sorry that happened. I keep mine in the Targus Convertible at all times. Well ok,
    I take it out when i am in the big stuffed chair, cause it so cool and thin.

Hope your able to fix it as I am sure others will have the same issue down the road.

Tim
    05-19-11 02:14 PM
    If you happen to fix it, Please post a video.

There is a picture on Blackberry.com if you need one. :P
    beamolite likes this.
    05-19-11 02:22 PM
    I think someone posted a link to cnn.cn with either a new screen or complete front "piece."
    05-19-11 03:02 PM
    What is the manufacturers warranty on these things anyway? I know it most likely won't cover cosmetic damage, but if it were to break the glass from being dropped, or something. Best Buy tried to charge me a bazillion dollars for a 1yr extension. I just figured RIM had 1yr on it anyway, but I didn't see anything about a warranty on their site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-11 03:09 PM
    I'm sure glass breakage or any other structural damage will not be covered under warranty through RIM.
    05-19-11 03:13 PM
    I'm sure glass breakage or any other structural damage will not be covered under warranty through RIM.
    Ehh, good point. Not sure why I thought that. That is more of an extended warranty type deal.

Ok, say the thing blows up in my hand, or the OS just dies, or the OTA update loads iOS5... How long is RIM covering this thing?

05-19-11 03:16 PM
    If "the thing" blows up in your hand, I imagine you have more important things to worry about than the warranty.
    05-19-11 03:22 PM
    If "the thing" blows up in your hand, I imagine you have more important things to worry about than the warranty.
    No, no...

Playbook first. Hospital second. I have my priorities in check!

Edit: Or if you were making a joke about what "the thing" refers to, ignore my response. LOL.

05-19-11 03:24 PM
    A little bit of both, actually.
    05-19-11 03:28 PM
    Tear down of the Playbook.

BlackBerry PlayBook Teardown - iFixit
    05-19-11 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD