After trying to revive my PB from Stack Charging to removing all of the dust covers off of the Logic Board and cleaning and examining every square inch of the device, I now have to concide that there is no solution to getting it up and running. The worst part is it was defective straight from the factory but I unfortunately didn't get my hands on it until long after the warranty had expired. Now I get to stare at this shiny black brick until they either start selling them again or until someone comes up with a magic cure.

Extremely disappointed
    05-08-13 01:36 AM
    Exact same thing happened with one of mine
    05-08-13 02:09 AM
    Now I get to stare at this shiny black brick until they either start selling them again or until someone comes up with a magic cure
    I'm fairly certain they will not start production of this tablet again.
    Maybe you could find an inexpensive parts donor or one with a cracked screen? You could hold onto it and sell me parts over the coming years. I have a nasty scratch on the screen that's starting to bother me.
    05-08-13 07:55 AM
    The worst part is it was defective straight from the factory but I unfortunately didn't get my hands on it until long after the warranty had expired.
    Are you saying that you haven't use the device ever since?

Anyway, your last hope maybe the replacement of new battery...

Posted via Z10
    05-08-13 08:05 AM
    Nope, to the best of my knowledge this PB has never booted up. I don't think a replacement battery will work as I've manually opened the contacts and charged it fully without a signifigant power loss. The problem is the CPU either is fried or something before it is which never allows the device to boot. But thanks for the suggestion.

Are you saying that you haven't use the device ever since?

Anyway, your last hope maybe the replacement of new battery...

Posted via Z10
    05-08-13 08:19 AM
    Don't know if the 90 day support was activated on the device or not.
    PlayBook Support - Contact Support - US
    If it accepts the s/n worth a try.
    05-08-13 08:36 AM
    Nope, to the best of my knowledge this PB has never booted up. I don't think a replacement battery will work as I've manually opened the contacts and charged it fully without a signifigant power loss. The problem is the CPU either is fried or something before it is which never allows the device to boot. But thanks for the suggestion.
    Is it possible that it might be the power button.
    05-08-13 08:58 AM
    Is it possible that it might be the power button.
    The power button works, it just turns on the red LED for 10 minutes then shuts off, so it's not booting the OS
    05-08-13 09:52 AM
    Don't know if the 90 day support was activated on the device or not.
    PlayBook Support - Contact Support - US
    If it accepts the s/n worth a try.
    I tried that and it wasn't accepted and the same when I called. BlackBerry was happy to help me for $130 but I'm not about to spend that kind of money on it.
    05-08-13 09:53 AM
    So when you push the power button all you get is red led for 10 minutes and then led goes off and no boot.Is it recognized by computer and desktop manager?
    05-08-13 06:35 PM
    Also, you tried holding the vol +/vol -/power buttons for 15 sec. Then power button for 15 sec. There are alot of variations on the three button salute that you can search for. You said you got to the battery. Did you disconnect it for a while, like a battery pull? It still sounds like a charging issue, like the software can't tell the battery is charged (if indeed it really is like you say). If CPU is fried, I think it would be really dead (no led activity). Seems like alot of posts like this recently. Maybe battery life is about 2 yrs?

The stack charging is tricky and you should read all the posts. I think F2 has them all if he reads this. There are cases where the USB port is not right/ USB charger is bad, so you might have to use a rapid (mag coupling) charger to be sure.
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 05-08-13 at 07:59 PM.
    05-08-13 07:47 PM
    I believe the OP has posted in another thread about this issue and things did not work.
    05-08-13 08:33 PM
    I believe the OP has posted in another thread about this issue and things did not work.
    F2 is correct, this is a thread I started just to vent because I am extremely upset about the out come of this failed experiment. If you would like to see the extent of what I have done you can find the post here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/loss-power-problems-801793-new/

I would still appreciate any help anyone can offer in the hopes that maybe something might work. Thanks everyone!
    05-08-13 10:07 PM
    I had one do the same thing except the led only stayed on for about 5 minutes.I opened it up after exhausting all the tried and true methods,pulled the logic board and put it in a known working playbook.Same thing,led would come on for about 5 mins. and then go out.PC did not recognize so I checked with BB to see if it had been registered.It had not.So Of to BB it went.When they called me and said it had marks from being opened,I told them that could be from a case I had that had a metal zipper.HEY,THE MARKS COULD HAVE BEEN FROM A METAL ZIPPERED CASE I HAVE.Notice I told them it COULD be,Not that they were.Anyway,They replaced the logic board and returned it.Oh,by the way,they said it was something corrupted in the OS and it was not repairable hence the new logic board
    05-08-13 10:30 PM
    Something else to make you wonder.I wrote down the serial number before I sent it off.When I got it back the serial number on the case was what I had sent off and in settings, the serial number was the same.They can set the serial number on a new board but they couldn't reprogram a board with a corrupted OS?HMMM
    05-08-13 10:35 PM
    I'm happy to hear that you got yours fixed, it sounds like that's what happened to this one is the corrupted OS, so I'm definitely not happy to hear there isn't a way to repair it lol. Thanks for the info!
    05-09-13 12:05 AM
    How bad did you scratch it while opening it.I would still consider turning in under warranty.
    05-09-13 12:20 PM
    How bad did you scratch it while opening it.I would still consider turning in under warranty.
    Pretty bad lol. I've had it open about 30 times now and I don't have plastic case openers. I've checked into warranty and it was expired before I ever got my hands on it. Thanks for the thought
    05-09-13 12:34 PM