Yessssss. 44 posts over the past day and not one. NUCA NADA NO-ONE responded to my initial challenge of. """""what can ant newer tablet do that a Playbook can't do""".??? So I am not going to upgrade to a comparable 2014 Ford Focus Type tablet like nexus when my 1967 CLASSIC MUSTANG ie BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK suffices and works. PB gets me to my final destination albeit with less whistles and maybe a bit less flashy and perhaps one minute slower. But dependable...

Posted via CB10
    Playbook can't transmit infrared samsung galaxy can
    08-11-14 06:05 PM
    I would like to humbly request that folks here refrain from petty bickering or doing anything that would close this thread.

I really want the OP to have the opportunity to come back and eat some crow, if he/she is man enough.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-11-14 06:12 PM
    PlayBook can't recognise when I open email on my phone, stays as new mail on PB.
    Interesting. Mine does - surely that's all down to your sync options on the email account? The minimum is 15 minutes yes, but with that limitation, my email accounts on the PB absolutely do recognise if I've opened it elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-11-14 06:22 PM
    Here's how this goes:

1. If you name an app, the OP will respond with a website or app that has similar functionality.
    2. If you name a feature, the OP will tell you its a gimmick so he doesn't need it.
    3. Name a new game and it will be considered a time-wasting toy.
    4. Productivity app? That's what he has a notebook computer for.
    5. Finally, if you come up with something useful that the Playbook can't do then the response will be "OK. You paid $500 for that when you could have gotten a discontinued Playbook for $150?"
    08-11-14 06:45 PM
    Really!! What can any other tablet do that playbook can't.
    Citrix
    Run Windows Executables
    DLNA, WiDi or even Mircast
    Run newest flash
    Run java
    Run real Minecraft (i.e. Have important apps)
    ActiveX or any browser plugins
    Use a decent camera
    Go above 1024x780
    Have support by the manufacturer
    Get updates
    Have a warranty
    NFC
    Bluetooth 4
    USB out

Etc etc etc.

Same question reversed. What does the PB do that nothing else can?

Posted via CB from my LE
    08-11-14 07:10 PM
    Not turned my PB on in months since I got a Nexus 7.

Yes it still does most things, some of them adequately, others painfully slow.

I could still use an old 386 PC with Windows 3.1 to do most things, but life is too short. I lived my PB, but technology advances. If it still meets your needs great.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    I highly doubt you would find a browser able to parse today's WWW.
    08-11-14 07:31 PM
    Posting a three-word review with no supporting information reflects an intellect in the cockroach range.
    He's actually quite generous. I can review it using one "word." POS! :-)

Posted from a D618
    Rikk009 likes this.
    08-11-14 08:01 PM
    Posting a three-word review with no supporting information reflects an intellect in the cockroach range.
    Well just to let you know, i'm a pretty smart cockroach, smart enough to know how big of a piece of **** the playbook is, it's a waste of time and money, they should be ashamed for putting that crap out. there is no supporting info on this piece of **** because it doesn't compare one bit to anything in the market.

just saying
    08-11-14 08:07 PM
    I hate my playbook. Mostly because of the browser. It sucks a**.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 08:34 PM
    Okay folks. Seems like this conversation has spilled over into all kinds of unhelpful remarks. Let's be real....it's old technology that has its pluses. Sound, screen, durability. It's BB so we don't have to feel caught in Android Apple or MS webs. I like going my own way. But having had the old Nexus and new one both...I like my PB. Though know it's a product that is lagging behind in speed and Web hangups (even with Origami). But I like it and it fits my budget and is fun to poke around on. Productive? Not really. It more the device I relax with. And that's the deal...each device we buy is for a purpose...they don't all need to be compared each other to be validated. If I had the $ I'd be driving a nexus 10 or better a surface 3. I don't...and this works for me. All it has to do. Get the right tool for what the job requires.
    cman5 likes this.
    08-11-14 08:44 PM
    Okay folks. Seems like this conversation has spilled over into all kinds of unhelpful remarks. Let's be real....it's old technology that has its pluses. Sound, screen, durability. It's BB so we don't have to feel caught in Android Apple or MS webs. I like going my own way. But having had the old Nexus and new one both...I like my PB. Though know it's a product that is lagging behind in speed and Web hangups (even with Origami). But I like it and it fits my budget and is fun to poke around on. Productive? Not really. It more the device I relax with. And that's the deal...each device we buy is for a purpose...they don't all need to be compared each other to be validated. If I had the $ I'd be driving a nexus 10 or better a surface 3. I don't...and this works for me. All it has to do. Get the right tool for what the job requires.
    What are you talking bout man. The sound, front facing loud as all hell speakers. The screen, unbelievable brightness controls from bright as the sun to dim as the blackest night. The durability, dropped the darn thing so many times I lost count.

Best. Device. Ever.

Sincerely PlayBook Lover

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-12-14 01:09 AM
    The PlayBook is my device of the century................................said no one ever.

Takes years to load
    Slow choppy browser
    YouTube app sucks a$$
    apps are.....well lets not go there
    Force closes apps
    Not supported anymore so no updates, the list is too long.

It does have some pros though.
    Email is good
    Spreadsheets are good
    Speakers are nice
    It's pretty durable...

It kinda pushed me away from BlackBerry. I loved BlackBerry.
    kbz1960 and cman5 like this.
    08-12-14 03:17 AM
    The one thing I don't get, is the whole "haters" business. Personally I fell out of love with the Playbook some months ago and so went shopping for an Android tablet, which does what I want it to do markedly better than the Playbook ever did. Will I point this out, even on a Playbook forum? Yes. Am I a "hater" for wanting to point this out? No... I consider myself more of an ex-boyfriend...
    08-12-14 05:44 AM
    The one thing I don't get, is the whole "haters" business. Personally I fell out of love with the Playbook some months ago and so went shopping for an Android tablet, which does what I want it to do markedly better than the Playbook ever did. Will I point this out, even on a Playbook forum? Yes. Am I a "hater" for wanting to point this out? No... I consider myself more of an ex-boyfriend...
    Don't start bringing rationality and good sense on to here, you're just not wanted...

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 06:00 AM
    Ever since I started using a laptop recently my PB has collected dust. I doubt I'll put it on ever again.
    08-12-14 06:27 AM
    Don't start bringing rationality and good sense on to here, you're just not wanted...
    That's actually about the same response I got when I tried to crash a party of one of my ex-girlfriends recently...
    08-12-14 06:31 AM
    What are you talking bout man. The sound, front facing loud as all hell speakers. The screen, unbelievable brightness controls from bright as the sun to dim as the blackest night. The durability, dropped the darn thing so many times I lost count.

Best. Device. Ever.

Sincerely PlayBook Lover

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Agree with you on those pluses...love it for the sound screen and durability and other features...realize my sentence grammar was confusing. Love my PB.
    08-12-14 06:38 AM
    I don't hate it. I just don't use it anymore because after using a win8 tab I found what a real POS the pb is.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    08-12-14 06:40 AM
    That's actually about the same response I got when I tried to crash a party of one of my ex-girlfriends recently...
    The trick is to target one of her friends...
    08-12-14 06:42 AM
    The trick is to target one of her friends...
    And that is why I still hang out here at Crackberry...
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-12-14 06:45 AM
    And that is why I still hang out here at Crackberry...
    Look, you can flirt with me all you like, but I'm a bloke and not interested - got it??
    08-12-14 06:46 AM
    No worries, I am not flirting with you. Joking around is something completely different. More people should try it...
    08-12-14 06:48 AM
    No worries, I am not flirting with you. Fooling around is something completely different. More people should try it...
    I was joking - don't worry.
    08-12-14 06:49 AM
    I was joking - don't worry.
    This was understood...
    08-12-14 06:56 AM
    My 64GB PlayBook make a great Video Player for the grand kids....

But you can buy a $70 Android Tablet with more functionality than the PlayBook. Even when new it was too slow... think it's the GPU in the PlayBook. We used tablets for viewing large PDF documents and back then with a new PlayBook and a new iPad from the same time period. The iPad could always open the files and redraw the images much faster than the PlayBook. Add it the fact that the iPad had a browser that was pretty quick and worked very well (even without flash), the PlayBook was a bad choice as a tablet.

That said I bought a 64GB version later because it was less than $150... It's durable, has great sound and I knew that it could serve a purpose as a video player.
    cman5, kbz1960 and Carl Estes like this.
    08-12-14 07:16 AM
244 12345 ...