I owned 2 PB, and still having good time with one, that i can done with all my jobs, specialy using it for presentation.
    My client shocked that i do all the stuffs with PB, that they got a messed working with they devices,

But the point in not "what is playbook can't", but
    "where BB's carrying this ancient tablet purpose for..?"

BB failed give us OS10, kick this device out from they roadmap, and never makeout some update for it (at least android runtime).

If someone still love they PB's today, they have to let anyother new breaking hightech devices heading the rules.
    02-07-15 06:54 AM
    Wow surprised there are still so many Playbook lovers. As for me, I had 2 of them but they have been e-wasted.
    Lol

jtvberry
    02-07-15 09:55 AM
    i love blackberry but not playbook...

1. the browser and all other apps are slow
    2. i need instagram for my business.. , no instagram in playbook
    02-09-15 02:45 AM
    i cant find anything to do with PB.
    basically playing youtube already sucks.
    cant login to my own account to begin with
    02-09-15 02:57 AM
    exactly, can't login to youtube...
    02-09-15 03:02 AM
    exactly, can't login to youtube...
    If you use the Playbook's android runtime you can.
    02-09-15 03:39 AM
    Its apps are really dysfunctional compared to other OS apps. Sideloaded apps barely worked at all. I could never get Kindle to work properly, for example, nor any of the navigation apps. It is laggy due to underoptimization of the OS. Much of what I do so effortlessly on my Nexus phone or Sony tablet involves apps I couldn't get or wouldn't work on the PB. I'm not saying its limitations couldn't have been fixed. In fact, that's the rub. They could have, and that would have made it a very competitive tablet. But BB chose to ignore it and let it die. I didn't hate my PB. I hated (perhaps too strong a word, but you chose it) BB for its lack of support.
    DrBoomBotz and jtv1 like this.
    02-13-15 11:17 AM
    No one, in the responses so far has said NADA,,,NUNCA,,, NOTHING about what can any newer tablet can give the user that playbook doesn't offer .??? Speed???, a few more apps, and watching netflix doesn' t count. (tapping my foot waiting for a reasoned, logical, response)...

Posted via CB10
    You just aren't listening. A newer tablet gives speed, functionality, speed, apps, syncing across apps, speed, more apps, did I mention speed, did I mention more apps. Point is, without apps, a tablet is nothing. Withing syncing ability, it is an island, without adequate speed, it is frustrating to use. PB is all those negatives. It works, but outside of browsing, email and watching movies, it offers little functionality. And the list of apps that work well enough or offer useful functionality is very limited. So stay in your little world. The rest of us prefer the wider world other tablets offer.
    02-13-15 11:48 AM
    It is yes. It looks slightly daunting the first time you look at it, but it's actually straightforward as long as you have a PC. But it is mildly frustrating as you find a fair few of them won't work. Good ereader is a decent resource for ones that work more often than not. Some sideloading can slow down the Playbook quite badly though - it's trial and error. I must have loaded dozens but ultimately Kindle is about the only one I use regularly.

Posted via CB10
    "A fair few of them won't work" is being extremely generous. I eventually uninstalled virtually all the apps I sideloaded as they simply wouldn't work or barely worked at all. And the process is not straightforward. Installing apps on Playstore or iTunes is straightforward. Sideloading is not (and I sideloaded lots of apps) and few tablet users would ever do it. Interesting you say you use Kindle, as I couldn't get it to work properly. Mostly it wouldn't run at all, which really ticked me as I have lots of books on it.
    02-13-15 11:53 AM
    I have no problems logging in and with the PlayBook Youtube client there are NO ADDS!

For me that's a huge plus!

*Sent from my Dell Venue 8 Pro*
    02-17-15 08:30 PM
    I have no problems logging in and with the PlayBook Youtube client there are NO ADDS!
    It's a known issue on the Playbook ever since google did something with their sign in protocol. If you log out using the app, you'll likely find that you can't log in again. Similarly, if you use the stock browser (or any other native browser) and either log out or clear your cookies, you likely won't be able to log back in.
    02-17-15 08:51 PM
    It's a known issue on the Playbook ever since google did something with their sign in protocol. If you log out using the app, you'll likely find that you can't log in again. Similarly, if you use the stock browser (or any other native browser) and either log out or clear your cookies, you likely won't be able to log back in.
    Wow. That sucks. I'm lucky then as I've never experienced this.
    02-17-15 08:54 PM
    Why should I have to put android runtime on my PB just to login to YouTube....?
    02-18-15 10:32 AM
    Why should I have to put android runtime on my PB just to login to YouTube....?
    You don't have to put the android runtime on your Playbook, it's already there. Regardless, others have stated that they can't log into YouTube with their Playbooks, and this is wrong. They just need to use one of a number of android apps that will run on the Playbook (both in app world or sideloaded) that can access YouTube.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    02-18-15 01:10 PM
    How do we acquire android runtime on BlackBerry PlayBook.

I saw it for a time on my Z10STL100-2, I don't know where it's gone to since.

jtvberry
    02-18-15 02:11 PM
    You don't have to put the android runtime on your Playbook, it's already there. Regardless, others have stated that they can't log into YouTube with their Playbooks, and this is wrong. They just need to use one of a number of android apps that will run on the Playbook (both in app world or sideloaded) that can access YouTube.
    So how do I run Android runtime on my PB?
    02-20-15 04:01 AM
    So how do I run Android runtime on my PB?
    If you've installed any android apps available for the Playbook from the app store, whenever you open it it opens in the android runtime. Specifically, if you want to be able to log into YouTube, install the android Maxthon Browser from the app store, go to YouTube and log in. Probably the best app for YouTube, though, is Tubemate, which will also allow you to log in and will also let you download YouTube vids directly from within the app. Tubemate needs to be sidloaded, though. There is a whole subforum dedicated to sideloading.
    anon(5597702) and jtv1 like this.
    02-20-15 09:44 AM
    If you've installed any android apps available for the Playbook from the app store, whenever you open it it opens in the android runtime. Specifically, if you want to be able to log into YouTube, install the android Maxthon Browser from the app store, go to YouTube and log in. Probably the best app for YouTube, though, is Tubemate, which will also allow you to log in and will also let you download YouTube vids directly from within the app. Tubemate needs to be sidloaded, though. There is a whole subforum dedicated to sideloading.
    That sounds brilliant but I don't have a PC or laptop lol
    02-20-15 10:13 AM
    I have had mine since the beginning for it. I overpaid and it did not do all that it was capable of doing. I held out like many others for the big update that never came. I still use my Playbook daily but lately it has been having some problems with apps that I used for along time like Docs to Go and Box. I feel like I got ripped off in away since it never was fully updated with all the bugs ironed out. Bluetooth only worked with a couple keyboards, never was able to get it to sync with my phone and since then I have had several phones none of which work with it. The Desktop app is finicky and I was the first one here to have a problem with my new Windows 8 not recognizing the PB. So I use my Playbook and will till it bites the dust but it is no longer state of the art, slow and not syncing well with some internet pages. Like so many I was hot for the Blackberry products of that era. This maybe my last Blackberry product?
    02-26-15 08:16 PM
244 ... 8910