I have a playbook 64gb. Did not touch it for the last 3 years until now. I upgraded to its new OS, to think the lack and slowness of the PB will improved. But I was wrong. The PB was slow and still left behind. I don't even have any songs, pictures, and apps on this thing, yet it functions like it's running an old 1999 computer. This device is really dead. I have an RCA tablet that I bought last black friday for $49 bucks and it's freakin faster than my PB. Why BlackBerry!!!??? Why!!!???

PB back to the box where you belong..

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    Actually if you revert back to an older OS, the PlayBook is much quicker.... but probably less secure. Would be nice if we could at least customize the OS at little.

Mine was mainly being used by my grandkids for a few games and movie. Now even they don't touch it very often as they both have iPads and the games a much more refined and entertaining. And even at 4 years old, they know what Netflix.... The PlayBook gets dusted off now just when we are going on a long trip and they don't have internet.
    12-23-14 09:35 AM
    No one, in the responses so far has said NADA,,,NUNCA,,, NOTHING about what can any newer tablet can give the user that playbook doesn't offer .??? Speed???, a few more apps, and watching netflix doesn' t count. (tapping my foot waiting for a reasoned, logical, response)...

Posted via CB10
    Who can't watch Netflix
    I got an account, I can watch Netflix via the default browser and if not on the default browser.
    And why was it called PlayBook in the first place.
    Since when was BlackBerry associated with play.
    WorkBook, that's the name I've given mine.

jtvberry
    01-07-15 11:30 AM
    playbook can't do skype nexus 7 can.
    Nobody responded because it's too easy.
    Also playbook can't do sms but nexus 7 can.
    "SMS" you mean text
    Ummmmm; Bridge it and see, do a video chat and see.
    Bout it can't text.
    Your having a laugh, ani't Ya!!!

jtvberry
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-07-15 12:33 PM
    The Z30 is what the Playbook "should have been"..........Just a wee bit smaller screen.
    The Playbook was released to soon/without a full gestation period.
    Period.
    01-07-15 01:42 PM
    "SMS" you mean text
    Ummmmm; Bridge it and see, do a video chat and see.
    Bout it can't text.
    Your having a laugh, ani't Ya!!!

jtvberry
    Don't think having to "bridge" to a 2nd device counts as being able to TEXT.
    01-07-15 03:21 PM
    Who can't watch Netflix
    I got an account, I can watch Netflix via the default browser and if not on the default browser.
    And why was it called PlayBook in the first place.
    Since when was BlackBerry associated with play.
    WorkBook, that's the name I've given mine.

jtvberry
    Workbook?

BTW playbook

playbook - definition of playbook by The Free Dictionary
    01-07-15 03:29 PM
    it doesn't bend
    01-14-15 12:19 AM
    it doesn't bend
    One of the few devices that doesn't then lol.
    01-14-15 10:39 PM
    You know how empty those store shelves get in preparation for a natural disaster? Well, that's how the app store on Playbook looked like from day one...and it's only gotten worse.

Only thing left on the shelves now is expired milk, rotten cabbage and a box of crushed twinkles.

Posted via CB10
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    01-15-15 08:01 AM
    You know how empty those store shelves get in preparation for a natural disaster? Well, that's how the app store on Playbook looked like from day one...and it's only gotten worse.

Only thing left on the shelves now is expired milk, rotten cabbage and a box of crushed twinkles.

Posted via CB10
    Zombieland - Where�s my twinkies!:
    Last edited by axllebeer; 01-15-15 at 09:21 AM.
    kasedillz and kbz1960 like this.
    01-15-15 08:42 AM
    Don't think having to "bridge" to a 2nd device counts as being able to TEXT.
    True, but I have never had a PlayBook which carry it's own sim card, am sure that's a good pass or as good as.

Is there a PB that carries it's own sim, please let me know!

jtvberry
    01-16-15 12:51 AM
    True, but I have never had a PlayBook which carry it's own sim card, am sure that's a good pass or as good as.

Is there a PB that carries it's own sim, please let me know!

jtvberry
    Amazon.com : BlackBerry Playbook 32GB 4G LTE Tablet (Factory Unlocked), 7 inches 1024P Screen, Dual Core 1.5 GHz CPU, Dual Cameras (5MP/3MP), GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth : Tablet Computers : Computers & Accessories

You're late to the party
    01-16-15 01:49 AM
    Lol, I know, I've just been making do with my Lil 16GB, but you haven't mentioned the feature "Has own SIM card"; as if it did, would it not be able to produce it's own text rather than relying on BB Bridge?

jtvberry
    01-16-15 01:54 AM
    here's my take. right now I'm on a playbook, 64 on the crackberry app. its painfully slow to type. the touchscreen design on the first go around with qnx is obviously in its infancy. the zs were much better. I use a q10 for my phone. this is what I still use my playbook for....

a cellphone for text and bbm when my phone is in the bedroom charging.

a video player and music player for my own personal files I load. I run sound for bands so I have it loaded with tunes to use as set change music.

basic web browsing, email, and the crackberry app if I require I larger screen or my phone isn't around

the frogger rip off game.

youtube vids if I'm working or wanna show friends a video.

and that's it. everything has already been beaten to death here, its an ancient illfated tablet that does a few things very well. as much as I hate to say it, ipad has the superior media machine for 2015. I use mine often battery is great and it has great programs the pb os simply can't handle. it has its use, but the pb is basically a video mp3 player with a few other handy options, that are great for when you want your phone in your pocket or its out of reach.

awkwardly typed with my Blackberry Playbook
    01-17-15 05:18 PM
    as much as I hate to say it, ipad has the superior media machine for 2015.

Not for me. When I need something that the PlayBook won't do, then I reach for my Nexus 7 2013. (Which works quite well with the PlayBook mini bluetooth keyboard. )
    01-17-15 05:55 PM
    haven't tried the nexus yet, but I'm sure its on par or in the same ballpark as the ipad. I guess my point was ipads, nexus, notes are all modern day full function tablets with large app eco systems and the playbook is not.
    01-17-15 06:17 PM
    haven't tried the nexus yet, but I'm sure its on par or in the same ballpark as the ipad. I guess my point was ipads, nexus, notes are all modern day full function tablets with large app eco systems and the playbook is not.
    Understood. Just my preference of course.
    01-17-15 06:32 PM
    here's my take. right now I'm on a playbook, 64 on the crackberry app. its painfully slow to type. the touchscreen design on the first go around with qnx is obviously in its infancy. the zs were much better. I use a q10 for my phone. this is what I still use my playbook for....

a cellphone for text and bbm when my phone is in the bedroom charging.

a video player and music player for my own personal files I load. I run sound for bands so I have it loaded with tunes to use as set change music.

basic web browsing, email, and the crackberry app if I require I larger screen or my phone isn't around

the frogger rip off game.

youtube vids if I'm working or wanna show friends a video.

and that's it. everything has already been beaten to death here, its an ancient illfated tablet that does a few things very well. as much as I hate to say it, ipad has the superior media machine for 2015. I use mine often battery is great and it has great programs the pb os simply can't handle. it has its use, but the pb is basically a video mp3 player with a few other handy options, that are great for when you want your phone in your pocket or its out of reach.

awkwardly typed with my Blackberry Playbook
    OK, well I'm trying to send this from my Z10. I prefer the playbook because the screen is bigger! Better to read, watch, etc.
    01-17-15 06:53 PM
    PlayBook owner here (Actually won it here on Crackberry years ago).....The Playbook is done..."Let it Rest In Peace"
    By the way FUNNY THREAD.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-17-15 07:03 PM
    My dad is not a tech guy. At all. Period. He had been using the playbook and a torch for the last 2.5 years. For Christmas after much fighting through with the things the playbook can't do and not being someone who would side load (in other words, the very people BB NEEDED to get right), he had an upgrade and left BB for good. He now has a GS4 and a Galaxy Tab 4. First thing he said was how nice it was to not have to wait so long for it to boot up. He was amazed.

This man doesn't give a fig about tech. He wants to be able to watch hockey games while he's working at night and he couldn't do that and he was sick of fighting to make it work. He loves being able to easily download pretty much any app he's ever wanted. Now he has that.

So that's something the playbook couldn't do for my dad.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 and MC_A_DOT like this.
    01-17-15 08:06 PM
    The PlayBook was my first tablet. It had a nice screen and reasonably good speakers. Playbook OS interface kicked Android's ****.

On the bad side, it was heavy, the browser was flaky and the screen seemed less and less nice as new tablets with higher resolution displays became available.

I ended up purchasing a nexus 7. While I missed the Playbook interface, the N7's light weight, full HD screen and horsepower won me over. It doesn't matter if it can do things the playbook can't (and it certainly can) what matters is that technology advances and the playbook Is far from state of the art at this point. But if it still meets your needs then more power to ya!

Now that I have my passport, the N7 has basically become a fancy interface for my Chromecast

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 06:38 PM
    The PlayBook was my first tablet. It had a nice screen and reasonably good speakers. Playbook OS interface kicked Android's ****.

On the bad side, it was heavy, the browser was flaky and the screen seemed less and less nice as new tablets with higher resolution displays became available.

I ended up purchasing a nexus 7. While I missed the Playbook interface, the N7's light weight, full HD screen and horsepower won me over. It doesn't matter if it can do things the playbook can't (and it certainly can) what matters is that technology advances and the playbook Is far from state of the art at this point. But if it still meets your needs then more power to ya!

Now that I have my passport, the N7 has basically become a fancy interface for my Chromecast

Posted via CB10
    Was my 1st tablet as well. I still use mine but I have had so many other tablets along the way.

Ipad, (promptly sold) Note 10.1, Tab 3 7.0 LTE, Dell Venue 8 Pro, an extra PlayBook, and the Nexus 7 2013. (might have been a Kindle Fire in there somewhere)

PlayBook screen is I believe the same resolution as the Galaxy tab 3 7.0 but for whatever reason looks much better on the PlayBook. I love the interface and that and Add free email as apposed to Android Gmail are just a few things that keep me using it. And Flash, there is that too, with HDMI out.

Plus there is that CrackLight on there. She just keeps blinking calling my name...
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-18-15 07:55 PM
    Still happy with my PlayBook purchase.

Sincerely PlayBook Lover

Posted with X10 via CB10
    I have got a lot of years out of her that's for sure!
    01-18-15 10:38 PM
    I'm just glad none of my friends listened to me to get one after they canceled bb10 on it and pretty much doomed it. I have 4 in my house. They are used daily by my kids for games. I use it to stream amazon to my TV. Hate they canceled the video store because I bought many movies and shows on it. My wife used one in college until the school switched to some crap websites that only a pc will work on. Not even our mighty iPad will work. Now that was a waste of money we never use. I bought it for my business to integrate quickbooks mobile. What a joke.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:40 AM
    I'm just glad none of my friends listened to me to get one after they canceled bb10 on it and pretty much doomed it. I have 4 in my house. They are used daily by my kids for games. I use it to stream amazon to my TV. Hate they canceled the video store because I bought many movies and shows on it. My wife used one in college until the school switched to some crap websites that only a pc will work on. Not even our mighty iPad will work. Now that was a waste of money we never use. I bought it for my business to integrate quickbooks mobile. What a joke.

Posted via CB10
    That's so sad.
    mobility is being destroyed, bit by bit

jtvberry
    01-19-15 04:18 AM
244 ... 78910