I started this thread. Thot I was clear when I posed question. But one more time. Really. What can a new tablet do that this pbook cant? My wife wants to get a newer tablet and I asked her why? And I ask why here? WHY? Really what can a newer tablet do that my pb can't. I know it's 3 years old I know there are no updates or minimal updates. I know netflix doesnt work and the browser is old. But I can take it with me put all my pics, videos audio on it. And it works and can browse internet albeit slower. . And being a proud canadian I'm not gonna get a new tablet which has all the google blob ware. I'm supporting CANADA

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 03:18 PM
    I started this thread. Thot I was clear when I posed question. But one more time. Really. What can a new tablet do that this pbook cant? My wife wants to get a newer tablet and I asked her why? And I ask why here? WHY? Really what can a newer tablet do that my pb can't. I know it's 3 years old I know there are no updates or minimal updates. I know netflix doesnt work and the browser is old. But I can take it with me put all my pics, videos audio on it. And it works and can browse internet albeit slower. . And being a proud canadian I'm not gonna get a new tablet which has all the google blob ware. I'm supporting CANADA

Posted via CB10
    Granted, some folks here have been reductive/reactive in their responses, but many have tried to pose things that other tablets may do better than the PB. From your OP and this current reply, it sounds like you're not willing to listen to what people say.

Honestly, I still struggle to understand what the point of your post is. On the one hand, if you're happy with the PB and it's working for you, what does it matter what others think? Yet on the other, you're asking for feedback in a confusing way (only certain people, Netflix doesn't count...) and it seems you're ignoring people's genuine responses to your question.
    08-13-14 03:26 PM
    Mh. I will. I sincerely will listen. I'm listening now. I really will consider. What does any newer tablet give me that this PlayBook can't. And dont say no support no updates and certain apps that the very tiny minority users use. I browse the web. I use email. I work my spread sheets and word. I can text. I can access internet via my z10 to my tablet and other things etc etc etc. And I want to support canadian workers instead sending work to china etc. I realize others might want something faster, sleeker, sexier. But really. Why spend 500 or more for new tablet that doesn't do anymore than what ive stated. And the google blobware on new tablets. B,ARF

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 03:46 PM
    Mh. I will. I sincerely will listen. I'm listening now. I really will consider. What does any newer tablet give me that this PlayBook can't. And dont say no support no updates and certain apps that the very tiny minority users use. I browse the web. I use email. I work my spread sheets and word. I can text. I can access internet via my z10 to my tablet and other things etc etc etc. And I want to support canadian workers instead sending work to china etc. I realize others might want something faster, sleeker, sexier. But really. Why spend 500 or more for new tablet that doesn't do anymore than what ive stated. And the google blobware on new tablets. B,ARF

Posted via CB10
    You have been told and you're not listening.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 08-13-14 at 04:27 PM.
    anon(5597702), Rello and MC_A_DOT like this.
    08-13-14 03:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol I gave one and got no response. If u say Netflix doesn't count, then my point earlier stands. Yes u can put all the pics on your PlayBook that u want but can't do NOTHING with them without downloading a app. That is one thing other tablets do that the PlayBook cant.

No offense but it doesn't seem like u are listening. It seems like you pretty much are only going to upgrade to the next tablet BlackBerry puts out, and that's fine if that's the case, but u should probably just say that rather than start a thread like this

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 04:27 PM
    Ok. Yawn. Btw I can send pics via email l. And I always said netflix is a nonissue. For me at least. NOW I'm not listening since you can't can't seem to understand I dont care about any of the other miscellaneous BS nuanced stuff that you seemed to be so concerned about. And the majority of others dont care about. So dont respond as I'm not listening. Your words not mine btw

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 04:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agree on everything else except about supporting Canada. First of all PlayBook is no longer in production. Whatever inventory is left out there had been written off. Playbooks I believe were manufactured in Mexico, Taiwan or Hungary. I'll let others to correct me on the countries. But it's definitely not made in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 04:41 PM
    Agree on everything else except about supporting Canada. First of all PlayBook is no longer in production. Whatever inventory is left out there had been written off. Playbooks I believe were manufactured in Mexico, Taiwan or Hungary. I'll let others to correct me on the countries. But it's definitely not made in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    You are correct. I'm pretty sure they were never made in Canada lol

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 05:44 PM
    Ok. Yawn. Btw I can send pics via email l. And I always said netflix is a nonissue. For me at least. NOW I'm not listening since you can't can't seem to understand I dont care about any of the other miscellaneous BS nuanced stuff that you seemed to be so concerned about. And the majority of others dont care about. So dont respond as I'm not listening. Your words not mine btw

Posted via CB10
    Not trying to argue here, but I'm actually trying to answer your question. Are u asking what the PlayBook can't do or you asking what it can't do that only you care about? That's two entirely different questions.

I never said you couldn't send pics via email either. You definitely can but sharing from the pictures app is very simple feature that cant be done on the PlayBook

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 05:49 PM
    Bberry is a canadian company, or was last time I checked.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 06:18 PM
    Not trying to argue here, but I'm actually trying to answer your question. Are u asking what the PlayBook can't do or you asking what it can't do that only you care about? That's two entirely different questions.

I never said you couldn't send pics via email either. You definitely can but sharing from the pictures app is very simple feature that cant be done on the PlayBook

Posted via CB10
    Your dance partner has no legs.
    Rello and MC_A_DOT like this.
    08-13-14 06:18 PM
    I dont care about any of the other miscellaneous BS nuanced stuff that you seemed to be so concerned about. And the majority of others dont care about. So dont respond as I'm not listening. Your words not mine btw

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but most users DO care about those things, that's why the PlayBook never sold in huge numbers.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 06:55 PM
    Bberry is a canadian company, or was last time I checked.

Posted via CB10
    It is. I assuming this thread pertain to Playbook. Since it's no longer in production and the remaining inventory is written off. Continuing using Playbook or purchasing playbook off ebay or any other retailers does not constitute as any kind of support.
    08-13-14 07:00 PM
    Bought one a few months ago, just because i wanted one. What a huge mistake this thing is horrible, apple sure wins this competition.
    It's unfair to compare an end-of-life, non-production tablet to Apple's current "state-of-the-art" tablets.
    08-13-14 08:11 PM
    OP...

Are u asking what the PlayBook can't do or you asking what it can't do that only you care about? Honest question...

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 08:26 PM
    It's unfair to compare an end-of-life, non-production tablet to Apple's current "state-of-the-art" tablets.
    Maybe so ( in its current state) but u could when it wasn't eol.

And it was the same! Pb never received any updates past 2.1, no apps, no development on the software, no upgrade to bb10.. while apple continuously worked on the iPad.

That's the whole point it is state if the art, and pb is a state of c*ap. It always was and blackberry were never going to do anything about it.

It's completely fair to slate it. Its blackberries fault, and they let really let down customers that paid a lot of money for it.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 02:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    I know what other tablets can do that the PlayBook can't........Run smoothly.

I'm serious
    08-14-14 02:49 AM
    Maybe so ( in its current state) but u could when it wasn't eol.

And it was the same! Pb never received any updates past 2.1, no apps, no development on the software, no upgrade to bb10.. while apple continuously worked on the iPad.

That's the whole point it is state if the art, and pb is a state of c*ap. It always was and blackberry were never going to do anything about it.

It's completely fair to slate it. Its blackberries fault, and they let really let down customers that paid a lot of money for it.

Posted via CB10
    Most customers paid very little money for it, and got a bargain.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 02:49 AM
    I think quite a few paid 400+ dollars for it when it was released

I was actually one of those that paid very little for it and it was still a waste of money. It's all relative. 160 pounds is still a lot of money despite the fact that it's a bargain compared to 400 pounds.

Probably the worst investment I've made in hindsight. Considering how it turned out. But then maybe that was my fault as I should have known blackberry were currently in sh*tpan?

Or maybe it's people's faults for holding on to them or buying even more when heinz promised it would be upgraded to bb10!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 02:50 AM
    Clearly not many, given how it was written down. Sales only became notable (it actually outsold the iPad for a short while) when it was heavily discounted.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 02:57 AM
    Clearly not many, given how it was written down. Sales only became notable (it actually outsold the iPad for a short while) when it was heavily discounted.

Posted via CB10
    Again, still a waste of money compared to other tablets, a huge disappointment and a massive fail. And Infact u talked about a bargain, for the same price or just a little bit more you could have got a fully functioning nexus or samsung tablet.

I don't care for the people who 'hate android to death ' here.. but u cannot deny it have about a trillion more features compared to the pb.. they are fully functional. Simple as that

BlackBerry failed massively with the pb.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 03:04 AM
    Again, still a waste of money compared to other tablets, a huge disappointment and a massive fail. And Infact u talked about a bargain, for the same price or just a little bit more you could have got a fully functioning nexus or samsung tablet.

I don't care for the people who 'hate android to death ' here.. but u cannot deny it have about a trillion more features compared to the pb.. they are fully functional. Simple as that

BlackBerry failed massively with the pb.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't take issue with your comment because it's your personal opinion, and has value to you.

I don't agree.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 03:06 AM
    Yessssss. 44 posts over the past day and not one. NUCA NADA NO-ONE responded to my initial challenge of. """""what can ant newer tablet do that a Playbook can't do""".??? So I am not going to upgrade to a comparable 2014 Ford Focus Type tablet like nexus when my 1967 CLASSIC MUSTANG ie BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK suffices and works. PB gets me to my final destination albeit with less whistles and maybe a bit less flashy and perhaps one minute slower. But dependable...

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps nobody can respond as there's less people using PB and cannot actually compare? and if they have the Playbook most hold on to it as many said they are still able to use their tablet.

I've never owned a PB though I still have my ipad2 and still serves me well but I bought lenovo s5000 because it was light and very comfortable to hold when I'm reading in bed. There?s no point in upgrading tablets they are limited in use.

via Q10
    08-14-14 03:17 AM
    I have a question for Playbook. Is it like BlackBerry10 where you download Snap?

via Q10
    08-14-14 03:27 AM
    I have a question for Playbook. Is it like BlackBerry10 where you download Snap?

via Q10
    In the sense that's essentially how you have to sideload every Android app to it yes - but it only supports up to Android 2.3 and even that is variable. Where using a Playbook is interesting us that you can actually see a snapshot of the way BB10 developed, it's like a primitive version of it, unrefined but plenty of potential. They didn't push it through unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 03:30 AM
244 ... 45678 ...