Actually, sharing pics from the playbook is pretty easy. Just because you don't know how to do something doesn't mean it can't be done.
    U are completely right but I feel like u ignored everything I said. Once again, I said go to the photos app, and share a photo to something.......anything lol.......it can't be done.

Your work around is one that really shouldn't even be needed
    08-12-14 04:02 PM
    Your work around is one that really shouldn't even be needed
    Who cares how I do it, so long as I can? All my workaround consists of is tapping icon A on my homescreen rather than icon B. So what? But as long as we're talking about what the playbook should or shouldn't have, let's talk about your Z-10. It should have a 5.1"screen like the Galaxy S5 (rather than the z-10's 4.2" screen). It should have a 1980 x 1080 display like the S-5 (rather than the z-10's 1280 x 768 display). It should have a 2.5 ghz quad core processor like the S5 (rather than the z-10's 1.5 ghz dual core). It should have a 16 mp rear facing camera like the S-5 (rather than the z-10's 8 mp camera). It should be able to handle a 128 gig SD card like the S-5 (rather than the z-10's 32 gig capability). It should be able to run any android app available, and not have to do so in a virtual machine, as the S-5 can do. Frankly, I'm shocked that anyone would even consider buying a Z-10. But, then again, that's just my thinking- yours may differ. Anyhow, I'm now off to the Z-10 forum to post these observations.
    08-12-14 04:56 PM
    All Playbooks running OS 2 have android Gallery as part of their android runtime, and Gallery has a share function.

Attachment 290393

That being said, you do need an app to access the runtime apps, and in fact Gallery is anything but stable on the Playbook. It is far easier to use one of the android file browsers to share, such as Ghost Commander (in app world) or ES File Explorer or X-Plore File Manager. The following pics show X-Plore, the first in it's navigation pane after tapping the pic to bring up it's options function (notice the share option) and the second shows the pic opened in X-Plore's internal pic viewer (again notice the share option).

Attachment 290394

Attachment 290395
    So basically the hand full of people on crackberry who still use play books can share that way. Ur standard consumer certainly wouldn't.

I agree with a poster above who said that such a a workaround should not be required to carry out such a basic function in today's smartphone technology.

As the second post to this thread said.. let it go. Get another tablet. You'll really like it

Posted via CB10
    Rello and kbz1960 like this.
    08-12-14 05:29 PM
    So basically the hand full of people on crackberry who still use play books can share that way. Ur standard consumer certainly wouldn't.

I agree with a poster above who said that such a a workaround should not be required to carry out such a basic function in today's smartphone technology.

As the second post to this thread said.. let it go. Get another tablet. You'll really like it

Posted via CB10
    Agree with this as well...

I'm sorry but if Blackberry keeps taking the approach of 'Oh Well, there's a work around' BB10 sales will never improve.

Although I'll admit with BB10 not many work arounds are needed, except with apps, which hopefully Amazon App store makes up for with 10.3.1!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 05:34 PM
    @pacoman, who pissed in your lucky charms this morning?

Seriously dude, get a grip.

Posted via CB10
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    08-12-14 06:13 PM
    Posted via CB10
    I've got another tablet . It's a (current version) Kindle Fire HD. And while the Fire does do some things better than my Playbook, there are many things that my Playbook either does better or that the Playbook can do that the Fire simply can't do. So, for those things that the Kindle can't do, I can always whip out my Playbook and use it. But then again, I shouldn't have to do this.

@pacoman, who pissed in your lucky charms this morning?
    Seriously dude, get a grip.
    Sorry. I don't eat Lucky Charms. What does annoy me is all those people who have put the Playbook behind them and moved on from the Playbook and purchased another tablet. Fine, but if you've moved on, then move on. Why do you feel the need to come back on this forum to bash the Playbook? It's like breaking up with your girlfriend, saying that you've put her behind you, and then posting negative stuff about her all over the internet. Well, you really haven't moved on, have you? When I finally retire my Playbook or it dies, I won't feel the need to visit this forum any longer. What, exactly, would be the point of that?
    Last edited by pacoman03; 08-12-14 at 09:42 PM.
    08-12-14 07:47 PM
    I've got another tablet . It's a (current version) Kindle Fire HD. And while the Fire does do some things better than my Playbook, there are many things that my Playbook either does better or that the Playbook can do that the Fire simply can't do. So, for those things that the Kindle can't do, I can always whip out my Playbook and use it. But then again, I shouldn't have to do this.

Sorry. I don't eat Luck Charms. What does annoy me is all those people who have put the Playbook behind them and moved on from the Playbook and purchased another tablet. Fine, but if you've moved on, then move on. Why do you feel the need to come back on this forum to bash the Playbook? It's like breaking up with your girlfriend, saying that you've put her behind you, and then posting negative stuff about her all over the internet. Well, you really haven't moved on, have you? When I finally retire my Playbook or it dies, I won't feel the need to visit this forum any longer. What, exactly, be the point of that?
    Psssst some people just could not let it go....lol!!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 09:19 PM
    Who cares how I do it, so long as I can? All my workaround consists of is tapping icon A on my homescreen rather than icon B. So what? But as long as we're talking about what the playbook should or shouldn't have, let's talk about your Z-10. It should have a 5.1"screen like the Galaxy S5 (rather than the z-10's 4.2" screen). It should have a 1980 x 1080 display like the S-5 (rather than the z-10's 1280 x 768 display). It should have a 2.5 ghz quad core processor like the S5 (rather than the z-10's 1.5 ghz dual core). It should have a 16 mp rear facing camera like the S-5 (rather than the z-10's 8 mp camera). It should be able to handle a 128 gig SD card like the S-5 (rather than the z-10's 32 gig capability). It should be able to run any android app available, and not have to do so in a virtual machine, as the S-5 can do. Frankly, I'm shocked that anyone would even consider buying a Z-10. But, then again, that's just my thinking- yours may differ. Anyhow, I'm now off to the Z-10 forum to post these observations.
    Lol you went way off coarse with that response. Why bring Z10 specs into it....notice no one has even mentioned the specs of the PlayBook....they were great when they came out (camera still sucked in my opinion though)....the OS is a completely different story though. It never was finished. My point was, like another poster said, is that I shouldn't need to download a app (android one at that) just to share a picture in that manner.

You say it's bashing when others call it simply telling the truth. Yes the PlayBook can do many things that other tablets can do, but for the huge majority, there are much better tablets out there

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-12-14 10:57 PM
    I would say that it's all about user preferences.
    My PlayBook is still used daily, but my Nexus 7 - 2013 model is my go to tablet.
    08-13-14 02:39 AM

Sorry. I don't eat Lucky Charms. What does annoy me is all those people who have put the Playbook behind them and moved on from the Playbook and purchased another tablet. Fine, but if you've moved on, then move on. Why do you feel the need to come back on this forum to bash the Playbook? It's like breaking up with your girlfriend, saying that you've put her behind you, and then posting negative stuff about her all over the internet. Well, you really haven't moved on, have you? When I finally retire my Playbook or it dies, I won't feel the need to visit this forum any longer. What, exactly, would be the point of that?
    What can the playbook do that the fire can't?? I know your second response was not to me, but I have never bashed the pb... I was actually genuinely dissapointed that it wasn't updated.. Supported or even a new one made with bb10 for us. I really didn't want to have to get a new tablet but as an update or new one wasn't coming, I has to admit to myself.. Its pretty crass now compared to other tablets... I look forward to the day ( remaining optimistic here) that a bb10 10 inch tablet is released.
    Rello and jtv1 like this.
    08-13-14 03:03 AM

I think that if it was my girlfriend it would be a lot easier to move on lol....I can't even sell this thing.
    On the plus side though It can handle the condensation when I'm in the bath or shower and blazing up some music lol...is root still available?
    08-13-14 03:23 AM
    What can the playbook do that the fire can't??
    My Fire HD has no cameras, either front or rear, no microphone, no GPS, no HDMI, and only 8 gig of nonexpandable flash memory. Is that enough? It also can't mutitask anywhere near as well as my PB, and I need to open a task killer to close apps. Plus it's ad supported. On the plus side, my bank ran a promo and I got it for free. Also, it does play Candy Crush ok (my main use for it) and the browser is somewhat quicker, at least comparing both PB and Fire browsers with javascript enabled.
    08-13-14 03:51 AM
    That's absolutely fair enough.. but for not a lot of money more you can get a fully functional tablet that still surpasses the pb.

Btw... people could just.. the majority of people dont care about that

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 04:21 AM

You say it's bashing when others call it simply telling the truth. Yes the PlayBook can do many things that other tablets can do, but for the huge majority, there are much better tablets out there

Posted via CB10
    It's three and a half years old. It would be unbelievable if it wasn't outdated compared to what you can get now. I honestly don't understand why this particular point is used as a stick to beat it with, it is an old, obsolete tablet. That it is still usable is something to be praised, not criticised.

I still use it because it's still usable. I am well aware that I can get something better, but I can also get a better TV than my six year old one as well.

I can understand why those who bought new and at full price are resentful, but most sales occurred when it was deeply discounted. I bought mine for GBP120 for a 64GB model nearly two years ago. It has been one of the best tech purchases I've ever made given that low investment. Tablets are disposable items, I've had fantastic value from it. And it still works.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 06:00 AM
    What does annoy me is all those people who have put the Playbook behind them and moved on from the Playbook and purchased another tablet. Fine, but if you've moved on, then move on. Why do you feel the need to come back on this forum to bash the Playbook? It's like breaking up with your girlfriend, saying that you've put her behind you, and then posting negative stuff about her all over the internet. Well, you really haven't moved on, have you? When I finally retire my Playbook or it dies, I won't feel the need to visit this forum any longer. What, exactly, would be the point of that?
    [preaching]
    The problem, as I see it, has two sides. The fans and the critics alike make tensions flare. A bit of criticism shouldn't make you a hater in these discussions, a bit of fanboyism should be allowed and everybody should accept each others position, even if one doesn't agree with it.
    [/preaching]
    08-13-14 06:06 AM
    No one, in the responses so far has said NADA,,,NUNCA,,, NOTHING about what can any newer tablet can give the user that playbook doesn't offer .??? Speed???, a few more apps, and watching netflix doesn' t count. (tapping my foot waiting for a reasoned, logical, response)...

Posted via CB10

Iterative development.

But of course for anyone happy with no development or upgrades for their tech and wish to remain in 2011 forever, the Playbook is perfect.
    amjass12, MC_A_DOT and Rello like this.
    08-13-14 06:16 AM
    Despite what it 'should be' the z10 is still everything the pb isn't. A developed os with better specs and features

Posted via CB10
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    08-13-14 07:38 AM
    Despite what it 'should be' the z10 is still everything the pb isn't. A developed os with better specs and features

Posted via CB10
    +100% if the PB had the same specs and features of the Z10 (at least) I'd be happy......ish
    amjass12 and Rello like this.
    08-13-14 08:17 AM
    It's three and a half years old. It would be unbelievable if it wasn't outdated compared to what you can get now. I honestly don't understand why this particular point is used as a stick to beat it with, it is an old, obsolete tablet. That it is still usable is something to be praised, not criticised.

I still use it because it's still usable. I am well aware that I can get something better, but I can also get a better TV than my six year old one as well.

I can understand why those who bought new and at full price are resentful, but most sales occurred when it was deeply discounted. I bought mine for GBP120 for a 64GB model nearly two years ago. It has been one of the best tech purchases I've ever made given that low investment. Tablets are disposable items, I've had fantastic value from it. And it still works.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with everything u said.....but does that not make what I said true?

Lol yes the PlayBook can still do basic stuff. During the first few posts I made, I had my PlayBook right beside me lol. lord knows I still wish BlackBerry would update this thing and bring BB10 to it. That would bring sooo much life back into it. I just feel like people will put down much new tablets and act like the PlayBook is still comparative.....

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 11:49 AM
    I agree with everything u said.....but does that not make what I said true?

Lol yes the PlayBook can still do basic stuff. During the first few posts I made, I had my PlayBook right beside me lol. lord knows I still wish BlackBerry would update this thing and bring BB10 to it. That would bring sooo much life back into it. I just feel like people will put down much new tablets and act like the PlayBook is still comparative.....

Posted via CB10
    Of course it's true - but being that old, it would be absolutely staggering if it wasn't true! 3 1/2 years is forever in tablet terms.
    08-13-14 11:52 AM
    Iterative development.

But of course for anyone happy with no development or upgrades for their tech and wish to remain in 2011 forever, the Playbook is perfect.
    Lol I love how your quoted post says Netflix doesn't count although the PlayBook can't do it

By that logic, then the poster who said it's easy to share pics from the Playbook via downloading a android app doesn't count for the PlayBook neither, cause as it stands the PlayBook can't share anything from its native apps lol

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 12:11 PM
    Of course it's true - but being that old, it would be absolutely staggering if it wasn't true! 3 1/2 years is forever in tablet terms.
    Lol so what are we debating haha....we agree lol

I'm just saying u should tell this to people like the OP. Hopefully they will eventually come out with another tablet

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 12:27 PM
    Lol so what are we debating haha....we agree lol

I'm just saying u should tell this to people like the OP. Hopefully they will eventually come out with another tablet

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't arguing with you! Your post simply created a link to my own thoughts....we do agree yes.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 12:29 PM
    I wasn't arguing with you! Your post simply created a link to my own thoughts....we do agree yes.

Posted via CB10
    Wonderful lol

I'd love to discuss this with the OP but I feel like they've given up on this thread lol

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 12:48 PM
    Really!! What can any other tablet do that playbook can't. Please don't recite mantra it's slower, not as many apps, and you can't use netflix etc websites. Who the hell cares for majority users?. Playbook is a quality sturdy tablet. I can drop it and still use it I can access my email, cruise websites, watch videos, listen to all my music, use gps , play chess play games etc etc ETC ETC ETC aud nauseum. JUST LIKE THE MYRIAD OF OTHER TABLETS. What gives.?? Why do you hate playbook so much? I'm starting to think it is only a myriad of playbook laid off employees who post here and have lost their401k.

Posted via CB10
    Only PlayBook Haters Please Respond-1361168612738.jpg
    08-13-14 01:18 PM
244 ... 34567 ...