wow i love how some people want to label the OP as a troll for voicing a legit problem with his playbook. Thats ridiculous. I have the same problem on my playbook and its not just crackberry (although it seeming is one of the bigger culprits). This problem has gotten better with the latest update but it still happens and while like others have said, i cant say I'd label it as unforgivable but it is something i would like to see improved
    09-04-11 04:49 PM
    wow i love how some people want to label the OP as a troll for voicing a legit problem with his playbook. Thats ridiculous. I have the same problem on my playbook and its not just crackberry (although it seeming is one of the bigger culprits). This problem has gotten better with the latest update but it still happens and while like others have said, i cant say I'd label it as unforgivable but it is something i would like to see improved
    I don't have this problem at all on PB. In fact, I have to say, my PB certainly is faster than my laptop (purchased in 2009; pretty decent specs at the time it was purchased). It's really amazing how different people get such varying results in PB performance. For example, my bridge functions are excellent and even speedy, except the browser. The bridge browser for me started off a little better than mediocre and has gotten progressively worse with each update. I have no clue why.
    09-04-11 05:37 PM
    I don't have this problem at all on PB. In fact, I have to say, my PB certainly is faster than my laptop (purchased in 2009; pretty decent specs at the time it was purchased). It's really amazing how different people get such varying results in PB performance. For example, my bridge functions are excellent and even speedy, except the browser. The bridge browser for me started off a little better than mediocre and has gotten progressively worse with each update. I have no clue why.
    oh im not doubting this....i dont use my laptop at all, my playbook replaces it. it really is amazing how people get varying results but i just wish people on this site didnt bash others for voicing a legit concern. it may not be happening on some peoples playbook, but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen because id say my bridge browser actually performs well yet u say yours has gotten worse....im not gonna bash u and label u as a troll though.

i still love my playbook though.....the platform is only 4 months old lol....we gotta let this thang mature
    09-04-11 06:03 PM
    I must be lucky be lucky because CB doesn't stall on my PC, laptop or transformer really
    09-04-11 06:12 PM
    Both mine and my buddies PB stall on occasion. i think the OP has a legitimate complaint. I just hope it's addressed in OS2.
    09-04-11 06:39 PM
    Also sounds like the OP's main use of his PlayBook is for web surfing. For his narrow use of the device, frequent page stalling is an unforgivable flaw. For most everyone else, it's a just small inconvenience. It happens to me also. Here's what I do, in order, until I can get the page to load:

1) Stop the page load and refresh.
    2) Open privacy settings and clear cache and local storage.
    3) Close the browser and reopen it.
    4) Turn wifi off then on again. (sometimes will try to access the page over the bridge [not the browser] connection; often times will work and that tells me it's my wifi or ISP that is the problem.)
    5) Restart the PlayBook.

If it is a regular occurrence, you should look into adjusting your wireless router address settings. I was losing my connection A LOT, then had the epiphany that it was probably interference from all the other wireless networks of my neighbors' houses. I bumped my router address high up into the subnet addresses and the problem is all but gone. All of my wireless devices are streaming much faster now. I'm a happy camper.
    09-05-11 08:50 AM
    I must be lucky be lucky because CB doesn't stall on my PC, laptop or transformer really
    he he he, I thought I missed something... what about your phone browser?
    09-05-11 08:56 AM
    Also sounds like the OP's main use of his PlayBook is for web surfing. For his narrow use of the device, frequent page stalling is an unforgivable flaw. For most everyone else, it's a just small inconvenience. It happens to me also. Here's what I do, in order, until I can get the page to load:

1) Stop the page load and refresh.
    2) Open privacy settings and clear cache and local storage.
    3) Close the browser and reopen it.
    4) Turn wifi off then on again. (sometimes will try to access the page over the bridge [not the browser] connection; often times will work and that tells me it's my wifi or ISP that is the problem.)
    5) Restart the PlayBook.

If it is a regular occurrence, you should look into adjusting your wireless router address settings. I was losing my connection A LOT, then had the epiphany that it was probably interference from all the other wireless networks of my neighbors' houses. I bumped my router address high up into the subnet addresses and the problem is all but gone. All of my wireless devices are streaming much faster now. I'm a happy camper.
    "Narrow use"??? Poor apps and flawed web surfing isnt exactly what one looks for in a tablet. Great web surfing is the main reason why a few might prefer the pb to the competition.
    09-05-11 09:16 AM
    he he he, I thought I missed something... what about your phone browser?
    both dolphin and stock google browser dont hang either.
    09-05-11 08:34 PM
    mine is doing it to me right now.....and i would go to bgr and it would crash everytime earlier. it definitely is a legit complaint. i too hope it will be fixed in OS2
    09-05-11 09:00 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD