Buying the 32gb one from Best Buy, they gave me a 14 day return policy (7 days more to go...) I keep on wishing everyday for newer updates/features and apps that I can really use. Don't get me wrong, I think the Playbook is great and I really want to keep it. It just these little things and apps..apps and apps that it needs to be worked on.

The main reason I purchase the Playbook was for the bridge, size, multitasking and the support for H.264 videos.

Apps - It lacks this and it's not even funny. I can deal with this as time goes on where more apps will come out. I'm just asking for some mainstream apps coming out SOON like Facebook, chat client like Trillian, IM+, Google apps, etc.., I heard somewhere today that RIM will be officially supporting Android and Java apps. When will this be RIM???

Browsing Experience - The native browser is FAST and I love it! Flash just eats the iPad2 alive. I also like it how you can just swipe the screen from top to bottom to open up your tabs and options. Awesome.

Now down to the negative parts. Bookmarks maintaining is horrible. You can not edit, sort or even import existing booksmarks. The bookmark folder when connected via wireless/USB is useless. Xmarks or some kinda of cloud bookmark syncing app would be great down the line.

Let's quickly talk about how bad the bridge browser is. First of all, it doesn't inherit the bookmarks from the native browser. It's super duper SLOW! There is really no point in using this. One of the main reason I bought the Playbook was because of this and it's just crap. Since my BB phone is connected via BESx, it's directly VPN in and I have access to my local servers (web, dns, etc..,) Most of my server uses self-sign certificates for web access. The browser does not like this... It pops up with a certificate warning and gives me a blank page. Doing some research, I had to import the certificates to the device. I was able to copy the certificate from my desktop to the certs directory via WiFi. Connected via USB does not show the cert directory...lame. Now, when I try to import the cert from the playbook, it says, "0 of 1 cert imported with a big red X". WTF??? I tried it so many times and I just gave up.

Bridge - The bridge browser sucks as I already explained up there. Since I have a BB phone too, I love how you can just see your contacts, emails, calendar, notes and tasks. It's all synced to my BESx server. If I lose my playbook, the important things like emails and contacts won't be on the device. Good security thinking RIM! On the con side, how about accessing your phone's data like files and pictures? I can see the name of the files, but when I click it, it doesn't do jack sh*t...

Media - I have only one negative feedback here and that's not supporting mkv files. That's ok, because the most important thing here is the hardware support for H.264 videos. No other tablets including iPad2 or any other Android tablets out there can play this. This format is currently the most commonly used formats for the recording, compression, and distribution of high definition video. Since the playbook supports this, you do not have to re-encode your videos which can take hours. Since mkv is just a container, all you have to do is switch the container which takes minutes.

Having HDMI out (no converter like the iPad) is the icing on the cake. It pushes out high def videos beautifully. I get aroused just thinking about it. :]. The other day, I took my playbook to my friends place and we all watch Tron Legacy on his 56" LED and it blew everyone away. They were amazed to see how such a small device and do that.

Anyways, I have 7 days left to decide if I should keep my playbook. Hopefully, within those 7 days I will see some changes.
    04-27-11 08:20 PM
    here we go again
    kariakoo likes this.
    04-27-11 08:23 PM
    How many of these posts do we have to see? return it if you don't like it, also hit search and see how many similar topics. Everyone knows whats lacking/missing.
    kariakoo likes this.
    04-27-11 08:29 PM
    The android apps are suppose to come in the summer. I am not sure you will see that any sooner. As for native apps i think they are coming but it does seem like RIM is being slow to get them approved and in Appworld.

The bridge obviously needs work. The browsing via the bridge still has to go thru RIMs NOC which slows things down. If you tether you will see better speeds but wifi is obviously the best.

The HDMI is a wonderful I agree. it is something RIM did right
    04-27-11 08:35 PM
    OS updates are sure to come. if you really cant wait just return it, problem solved.
    04-27-11 09:00 PM
    You can always buy it again if wanted updates come.
    04-27-11 09:06 PM
    here we go again
    lol ya how many more of these threads can we take?...
    04-27-11 09:10 PM
    Well so far I think I'm still keeping mine and holding out for the native apps.
    04-27-11 09:16 PM
    op: yawn

are you hoping we will convince you to keep it or are you looking for affirmation that giving it up is the right choice?
    04-27-11 09:20 PM
    can we return it after we open the packaging? I'm thinking of testing it out and if I don't like it I'll return it.
    04-27-11 09:38 PM
    some places have unconditional 14-30 day return but not all. Some have restocking fee for opened items and such
    04-27-11 09:44 PM
    I am keeping my playbook and I think everyone else who was thinking like me should too! Great apps are finally coming out now. I especially enjoy the new Scrapbook, News360, GeekPeek and games. I'm in the process of getting the new bridge installed and really looking forward to the BBM feature.

What really finalize my decision was the camera function. I have been using it constantly and I just adore how sharp the videos and pictures are. I'm actually thinking of returning my 32gb and getting the 64gb one because of this! Or maybe "hopefully" the 4g will come out this summer and I'll just upgrade it.

I hope RIM will continue to actively make the Playbook a high priority and make us all happy for years to come.
    05-02-11 01:07 PM
    I am keeping my playbook and I think everyone else who was thinking like me should too! Great apps are finally coming out now. I especially enjoy the new Scrapbook, News360, GeekPeek and games. I'm in the process of getting the new bridge installed and really looking forward to the BBM feature.

What really finalize my decision was the camera function. I have been using it constantly and I just adore how sharp the videos and pictures are. I'm actually thinking of returning my 32gb and getting the 64gb one because of this! Or maybe "hopefully" the 4g will come out this summer and I'll just upgrade it.

I hope RIM will continue to actively make the Playbook a high priority and make us all happy for years to come.
    Good for you!
    05-02-11 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD