So one of my robotic machines in my factory failed, and I've been trying to repair it.
    I finally found the user manual, and service manual along with programming software on the suppliers website.
    I tried to download the PDF files from the website on Windows 7, even when I tried right clicking to select "Save As". The option is greyed out.
    I could however open the manual just fine on windows 7 but not save it as it was opening in the browser.
    So I booted my laptop into Mac OS, thinking that maybe Mac OS would work, because like everyone else I thought Macs are simply brilliant, but the Mac simply refused to open the file on Safari.
    Finally I thought I'll try with the Playbook, and guess what, the browser asked me if I want to download the files, clicked yes and I have the manuals on my PB now.
    Just saved myself $5000 in servicing cost of the machine.
    Playbook just saved me some money.
    wms3 and kuwari316 like this.
    06-23-11 09:36 AM
    Great story. I simply love my playbook. I love the OS UI, and once this baby has the much missing features such as calendar, email, password keeper, etc... Its gonna be my one stop device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    kuwari316 likes this.
    06-23-11 09:42 AM
    great story, one of those positive feedback about playbook instead of bashing it
    06-23-11 09:46 AM
    Great story. I simply love my playbook. I love the OS UI, and once this baby has the much missing features such as calendar, email, password keeper, etc... Its gonna be my one stop device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i was looking for password keeper...i couldnt find any...lol..is it possible that there is actually no app for keeping all passwords??? that is very strange
    06-23-11 09:54 AM
    I just did a search and there are a number of password apps but I know nothing about them. I don't think any of them have desktop or bb equivalents but I'm not sure.
    06-23-11 12:35 PM
    Great, but it probably just means that there is a security bug in the Adobe Reader - the file you downloaded probably had security settings to prevent saving.
    06-23-11 01:24 PM
    Great, but it probably just means that there is a security bug in the Adobe Reader - the file you downloaded probably had security settings to prevent saving.
    Not adobe reader, but the browser perhaps.
    Once downloaded, I transferred the files back to my mac and they opened with adobe reader.
    Not a security flaw. I guess the site could not block the save as feature on the PB browser because they don't know the PB code yet.
    However I don't think the supplier intended to do this, because their machines come with the software and manuals, and they have even put the software up for download on their site. The software and manuals are useless to someone who doesn't have their machines.
    06-23-11 01:56 PM
    Great story, I always love reading things stories like this...
    06-23-11 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD