Hello,

Anyone could tell me whom I should contact to ask why my comment has been deleted ?

A few days ago I had left a negative comment about a dictionary I had bought a couple of months ago. Two days later my review has miraculously disappeared.

I have been using an Android smartphone with plenty of dictionaries on it which unfortunately cannot be found in Playbook store.
    Yet, I was keen to wait till BB10 is released to replace my Galaxy phone, despite not being able to use the same dictionaries. I cannot imagine an Android developper being allowed to delete negative reviews on Play store.

If it turns out that RIM lets developpers do anything they want with users' reviews, that will definitely make me change my mind about switching to a Blackberry device.

What can a user do ?

Thanks,
    06-27-12 10:19 AM
    Maybe try to post another similar review and see if it gets taken down again?
    06-27-12 10:48 AM
    Maybe try to post another similar review and see if it gets taken down again?
    I can't.
    I am not allowed to add anything. They simply deleted my review and blocked me. I feel insulted.
    06-27-12 10:59 AM
    You should contact the developer and or app world. It's always best to contact the developer with issues rather than leave a rant (not saying you did) before leaving a review.
    06-27-12 11:07 AM
    You should contact the developer and or app world. It's always best to contact the developer with issues rather than leave a rant (not saying you did) before leaving a review.
    I will try to contact them and see what they say.

My review was quite correct, I literally said "It does not work after latest update. I do not recommend". And I posted it long enough after the update, almost two months later.

It seems even such a message was too much for them.

FYI, their name is S4BB Limited.
    06-27-12 11:15 AM
    Yes, doesn't sound that bad.
    06-27-12 11:28 AM
    Write to App World and ask for your money back--clearly explaining that the main reason for the refund is that they deleted your review. It's a hassle for RIM to process refund requests, so perhaps---if it were done more often---RIM might be less apt to rubber stamp review deletion requests from developers.
    Marty_LK and Cracklen like this.
    06-27-12 12:08 PM
    the developer can delete it. you should contact him
    06-27-12 02:14 PM
    the developer can delete it. you should contact him
    Not only contact the dev, but also list his name and app here so the rest of us who take offense to such a move can note it and avoid it.
    06-27-12 02:22 PM
    I don't know about this specific app, but some of them are so poorly designed that shouldn't be on App World. RIM have no excuse for publishing broken apps.
    06-27-12 02:35 PM
    "...RIM have no excuse for publishing broken apps. ..."
    Perusing various threads regards dev'apps I got the impression that RIM vetted (sp?) all apps before posting them !?

Or is it just classic --- landing in a inbox . . residing in inbox for x number days/weeks ... then dusting off for rubber stamping on a whim, either nay or yay ??
    Last edited by Cracklen; 06-27-12 at 04:40 PM.
    06-27-12 04:36 PM
    AppWorld is really a pain as compared to how Apple handles user complains or dispute. AppWorld I think is handled by digital river? And your payment is thru PayPal which only allow 45-days grace period to claim refund? I had my fair share of frustration with appworld as well. For me, if this goes on, whether its bb10 or bb3000 , its a turn off!!
    06-27-12 05:00 PM
    Hello,

Anyone could tell me whom I should contact to ask why my comment has been deleted ?

A few days ago I had left a negative comment about a dictionary I had bought a couple of months ago. Two days later my review has miraculously disappeared.

I have been using an Android smartphone with plenty of dictionaries on it which unfortunately cannot be found in Playbook store.
    Yet, I was keen to wait till BB10 is released to replace my Galaxy phone, despite not being able to use the same dictionaries. I cannot imagine an Android developper being allowed to delete negative reviews on Play store.

If it turns out that RIM lets developpers do anything they want with users' reviews, that will definitely make me change my mind about switching to a Blackberry device.

What can a user do ?

Thanks,
    Good for you for taking a stand like you're doing.

I read your comments as you posted above and as you say there is NOTHING contentious about your views - you stated a fact as you saw it.

Previously I have asked BB App World to refund a copy cat App I bought (thinking I was buying another app). It takes a few days to hear back from them, so hang in (and yes I got a refund).

I know a refund is not your gripe - but you've got the opportunity to explain it all in the email to them.

Please let us know how you go ....

I have yet to look - but have you started a thread in the Apps PB section yet? Please do so - again explaining as you've done here re what's occurred.

AppWorld@blackberry.com

All the best.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-27-12 06:18 PM
    OP is just another troll trying to trash Rim.
    06-27-12 07:42 PM
    @crkeo LOL!! Where did that came from??!
    06-27-12 07:45 PM
    Good for you for taking a stand like you're doing.

I read your comments as you posted above and as you say there is NOTHING contentious about your views - you stated a fact as you saw it.

Previously I have asked BB App World to refund a copy cat App I bought (thinking I was buying another app). It takes a few days to hear back from them, so hang in (and yes I got a refund).

I know a refund is not your gripe - but you've got the opportunity to explain it all in the email to them.

Please let us know how you go ....

I have yet to look - but have you started a thread in the Apps PB section yet? Please do so - again explaining as you've done here re what's occurred.

AppWorld@blackberry.com

All the best.
    Of course, it's not about money.
    I need my dictionaries and would willingly pay much more to get them working.

Yet, such a small detail as their deleting users' reviews is counterproductive. I can't understand why they should have the right to delete reviews.

All I could do so far was to unsubscribe from getting their newsletter and explain to them that I would reconsider my options once they stop deleting customers' reviews. I will email them and ask whether they could help me with the application. Depending on their answer, I may have to get in touch with RIM.
    06-27-12 08:33 PM
    I have found most devs to be very responsive when I contact them via email (contact info is usually right there in AppWorld) and respectfully explain my issue rather than posting a negative review in AppWorld as my first step. One dev blew me off, I contacted RIM and got a refund within a day. Hope you get it sorted out.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-27-12 08:35 PM
    Please keep your uninspired assumptions ... where they belong.

I have better things to do than trolling.
    Marty_LK, Chinookman and Cracklen like this.
    06-27-12 08:38 PM
    No so.
    AppWorld is setup (not by RIM but a service company) allowing the Dev to delete comments. (Not fair, but true)

As others have commented:
    >> contact Paypal, explain the situation that the product was defective, request a refund.
    >> If payment was made through a bank issued credit card, make a payment dispute.
    >> Contact the DEV and the appWorld service email address.
    Others have gotten their money back (in time), but, sometimes not worth the effort.

Yes, there is plenty of junk in appWorld, as are those in the Android Marketplace and Apple's app Market (whatever they are called).
    Are the hundreds of thousands of iPad/iPhone apps solid? Apple advertises so, but it is hard to believe that more than a small percentage are of true value (user and financially).
    Anyone can be trained to dev an app but few are capable of producing quality apps.

Unfortunately these three app vendors (RIM, Apple, Google) can not be quality control police unless there is pure theft of service.
    Last edited by mandony; 06-27-12 at 09:04 PM.
    06-27-12 08:56 PM
    What would be the sense of doing that. The developer should be reported if it is trying to censor reviews by people who have purchased a product
    06-27-12 09:08 PM
    Of course, it's not about money.
    I need my dictionaries and would willingly pay much more to get them working.

Yet, such a small detail as their deleting users' reviews is counterproductive. I can't understand why they should have the right to delete reviews.

All I could do so far was to unsubscribe from getting their newsletter and explain to them that I would reconsider my options once they stop deleting customers' reviews. I will email them and ask whether they could help me with the application. Depending on their answer, I may have to get in touch with RIM.
    A developer should not have the ability to delete reviews, reviews should only be removed by Appworld if a developer can prove that there is something erroneous or malicious in the review.
    Mr_Bunny and Cracklen like this.
    06-27-12 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD