I was watching youtube videos on my playbook and halfway through one of the videos the Playbook completely froze!

I tried using ALL the bezel gestures and nothing happened; the screen was still frozen (image of the video was still on the screen).

So I pressed the power button and the screen completely turned off and now it doesn't turn on at all!

I also tried doing a hard reset (Power+Volume Up+Volume Down AND Power+Volume Down) and nothing happened.

I figured it might just need an update so I tried to connect it to the computer and nothing happens! My computer doesn't even detect the device.

I also thought that the battery might have died (even though it was at 66% when it froze) so i tried plugging it into the charger and nothing happens.

The LED lights do not even turn on or flash when I connect it to the computer or when I tried to charged it.

... and all this happening just before OS 2.0 is coming out
    02-12-12 08:50 PM
    How long has it been since it turned off? If it's been long and there was a process running in the background, your battery may be dead.

Plug it in and wait for an hour or two.

If it doesn't help, try debricking (I hope others will advise you on how to do that).
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-12-12 at 09:05 PM.
    phoreoneone likes this.
    02-12-12 08:54 PM
    reboot ur computer while pb still connected... see if it mounts then.
    phoreoneone likes this.
    02-12-12 08:55 PM
    To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Last Resort:
    Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile.
    phoreoneone likes this.
    02-12-12 08:58 PM
    How long has it been since it turned off? If it's been long and there was a process running in the background, your battery may be dead.

Plug it in and wait for an hour or two.

If it doesn't help, try debricking (I hope others will advice you on how to do that).
    it's been 40 minutes. I tried to debrick it before but the computer couldn't even discover the playbook. I will try it again in an hour or two. But my battery was at 66% when it did freeze
    02-12-12 08:59 PM
    it's been 40 minutes. I tried to debrick it before but the computer couldn't even discover the playbook. I will try it again in an hour or two. But my battery was at 66% when it did freeze
    Then, it's unlikely the battery had completely drained. I only had a problem with my first PBs where they would discharge completely and won't turn on until they sit plugged in to the charger for more than an hour.

I hope our other knowledgeable CrackBerry residents will be able to help you.
    phoreoneone likes this.
    02-12-12 09:15 PM
    So I pressed the power button and the screen completely turned off and now it doesn't turn on at all!

I also tried doing a hard reset (Power+Volume Up+Volume Down AND Power+Volume Down) and nothing happened.
    How long did you hold these buttons down for? It's not an instantaneous thing.

To shut it completely off, press the power button down and hold it down for 12s. Count off the seconds with a clock. Make sure you've got it pressed down properly, since those of us with the "flush" power button have a hard time getting a positive contact.

If while you're doing this, the red light comes on briefly, then it was already off. Be patient and wait a minute for the startup logo to appear, and more time for the thing to boot up fully.

If it's off and you want to charge it, plug it in and leave it for 5-10 minutes. You should see the red light at some point, and a while later the green light should begin pulsing slowly on and off, indicating that it has booted up into charging mode.
    phoreoneone likes this.
    02-12-12 09:25 PM
    For the debrick to work, the pb needs to be OFF. Go into a darkened room/closet and make sure that the screen is not just dark gray and somewhat backlit. Plug the OFF pb into the usb with Desktop Manager running. Then turn on and see what happens.

Also, after an hour, press and HOLD the PowerOn button for 15 seconds, leave it along and wait another 10 seconds, the red led does not immediately come on.

Same with trying the three buttons - press, hold and release and wait a while.
    phoreoneone likes this.
    02-12-12 09:39 PM
    I was watching youtube videos on my playbook and halfway through one of the videos the Playbook completely froze!

I tried using ALL the bezel gestures and nothing happened; the screen was still frozen (image of the video was still on the screen).

I also thought that the battery might have died (even though it was at 66% when it froze) so i tried plugging it into the charger and nothing happens.

The LED lights do not even turn on or flash when I connect it to the computer or when I tried to charged it.

... and all this happening just before OS 2.0 is coming out
    Toss the BlackBerry PlayBook in the trash can and let the landfill take care of the problem. The BlackBerry PlayBook is garbage.

Call the Blackberry PlayBook Technical Support Center and I am sure they will assist you.
    phoreoneone likes this.
    02-12-12 09:42 PM
    Calm down. This happened to me a few days after i bought mine. Just let it sit for an hour or two. Forget about it. Then pick it up and hold the power button down for 20 seconds. It should power up. If not, just let it sit some more.

If you take your PB to a quiet park of the house take a screen shot. You should hear that sound. If you do you're in good shape just do what i said above
    phoreoneone likes this.
    02-12-12 09:43 PM
    I waited for 2 hours and then plugged in the charger and nothing happened. So i called BB tech and
    the lady on the phone said something inside must have stopped working. I just came back from the post office ... my baby is gone lolz

I'm thinking about buying another playbook for the household anyway since its on sale.

Thanks for all your help!
    02-13-12 06:33 PM
    Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for you.
    phoreoneone likes this.
    02-13-12 06:36 PM
    do we get an invitation for the funeral of the Playbook
    02-13-12 06:40 PM
    do we get an invitation for the funeral of the Playbook
    LOOOOL haha yes. im going to try to flush it down the toilet
    02-13-12 06:43 PM
    I tried updating my Blackberry Software and then plugged the PB to the PC... but nothing! When i press the power button it turns red and then flashes green for a few seconds and that is it! what should i do?!?! Please help me!!!
    06-29-13 08:29 AM
    Turn off the pb. Press the Power Button and hold it for 15-20 seconds. Anything happen? If it is still blinking - Press for about 2-3 seconds and turn if off. Give it some seconds and take into a dark room and make sure the screen is really off - no gray backlight.

Now open the Desktop Software on the pc. Connect the usb cable. Watch and see if you have any prompts - follow to UPDATE.

Good luck, report back.
    06-29-13 10:44 AM
    Send it to bb and ask them to destroy it as it's no good now.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD