Looks like Rogers is gearing up for all the tablets being released. I just saw a tv commercial saying that for 10 bucks per device you can share your data plan. Assuming that is for all 3G models as tethering is included on plans over 500mb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-11 12:15 AM
    Looks like Rogers is gearing up for all the tablets being released. I just saw a tv commercial saying that for 10 bucks per device you can share your data plan. Assuming that is for all 3G models as tethering is included on plans over 500mb.

They previously didn't allow you to share the 6gb plan, hopefully the make an exception this time.

02-10-11 05:48 PM
    I don't deal directly with AT&T; my providor uses AT&T service. I called my provider's customer service and told them I was existing customer with a data plan. They said it would be and additional $74.99/month to tether to a pc.
    Mary Clare I suspect it is your provider that is scamming you not AT&T. I paid AT&T for tethering for several months. $20 per month for 5gb. Then I bought Tetherbridge and dropped the AT&T charge.

I don't like AT&T anymore than the rest of you but I think it's unfair to beat them up by saying they have a $75/month charge without verifying that it is in fact AT&T that is at fault.
    02-10-11 06:21 PM
    AT&T is frankly horrific in both it's rate plans as well as it's service ( our company is an "X" customer of AT&T )....
    ...I'm sure much will change in the price for the tab service by the time the PB comes out.
    ...It appears that the Playbook will not be out for at least another 4-5 months anyway & lots can happen in that amount of time.
    02-10-11 06:49 PM
    Dude if I can't connect my blackberry to the playbook without paying an extra free, then F it I won't spend like $500 on a tablet... Ill save up for a laptop or get a new phone, the tablet wouldn't even be worth it if u can't use unlimited data on it for free

02-10-11 11:44 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD