My son wanted to use his playbook in town to access his laptop at home.

It wouldn't connect.

Could someone give me some details on exactly how you can set up to do this?

The laptop itself is connected to the wifi.

And what are the exact ways of using gmail?

Thanks ahead
    03-27-12 09:29 AM
    My son wanted to use his playbook in town to access his laptop at home.

It wouldn't connect.

Could someone give me some details on exactly how you can set up to do this?

The laptop itself is connected to the wifi.

And what are the exact ways of using gmail?

Thanks ahead
    When my PB is connected to the work wifi and my computer is on at home I have no probs connecting at all. Was he connected to wifi at the time? It doesn't work on bridge. I've been on to the Splashtop forum and all they say is it is designed to work with tethering. They don't seem to get the whole bridge thing which is odd.
    03-27-12 10:35 AM
    Any chance of a free remote desktop program in OS2? I need to get one of these RD programs but haven't decided on which one yet.
    You have SimpleVNC (as the name implies it's a VNC client, not exactly RD, but it may suit your needs and is free). Then there's a ton of ssh/telnet apps (for command line remote access, basically).
    03-28-12 06:46 PM
    Does any one else find audio and video stutters on splashtop? I tried playing a local film and found the audio and video to both be stuttered, it was watch able but only for 30 seconds or so.
    Yes I'm seeing this now with 2.0 and Splashtop's updates. Also it sends the playbook an abnormal screen (4:3) instead of the 1080p screen on the computer.
    03-29-12 07:47 AM
    Yes I'm seeing this now with 2.0 and Splashtop's updates. Also it sends the playbook an abnormal screen (4:3) instead of the 1080p screen on the computer.
    I am also experiencing stuttering with the latest Splashtop update. It's pretty annoying, considering it played perfectly in the previous release...progress!!

I have Splashtop for my HP Touchpad, and it is still streaming smoothly. I have even upgraded my wireless AP to a Cisco E3000, AND had Time Warner's 50/5 wideband service installed.

Now that I have a wicked fast network, Splashtop for Playbook decides to get buggy!

If anyone has any information on a fix, I would love to hear it.

Thanks!
    David
    04-01-12 09:07 PM
    Ohhh was just about to buy this but the bugs have turned me off. Oh Splashtop what are you playing at?!
    04-02-12 01:41 AM
    I absolutely love it...when it's behaving!
    04-02-12 06:07 AM
    Closer examination yesterday shows it's changing my computer screen to 1024x768 from 1920x1080 when it connects.
    Browsing their FAQs and support articles the only thing that comes close is an issue with video drivers from year or so ago. With time to spare I reverted to vid drivers from January (when it was working nicely) and there's no difference. So I'm blaming Splashtop and/or OS2.0.
    anon(2678007) likes this.
    04-02-12 07:38 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD