How are you accessing the calendars from your phone? Via the mobile web interface? Or are you just syncing with your desktop? With the Google one, you could use Google Sync (which has it's own set of issues), but with the Hotmail one, you don't even have that option.

Again, my real point is not that the Playbook implementation is flawed but rather that the improvements to the Playbook (which are moving in the right direction) don't do anything to address the core flaws of the messaging system design on any of their current smartphones (which assumes that the Blackberry is the end-all, be-all of your email world as opposed to the "accessible anywhere" direction that the rest of the world has been moving toward).
    Google & Hotmail calendars showed up in the PIM when I configured the associated e-mail accounts.

I would assume that's how it will work in the PB.

EDIT: BTW, I haven't seen the "out-of-sync" issue with Gmail at all with my 9800. Did you set up Gmail as just a regular e-mail account on your 9810? Or are you using additional software?
    Last edited by Thunderbuck; 01-10-12 at 05:02 PM.
    01-10-12 04:50 PM
    You guys (Kevin) rock !
    Believe me, just click if you haven't already : CrackBerry.com
    (CES PB related videos)
    Hopefully this will shut up the freaks that complain about native email as it should because this is a whole new level of native email!
    Serkle K likes this.
    01-10-12 04:55 PM
    Native email, contacts and calendar are great. Issue I have is awful connectivity to non Blackberry phones. I love my playbookand have great respect fro RIM, but its inability to bluetooth correctly to my Sensation is annoying....and the remote is great if you have a blackberry, which no-one will have in a year or so unless they move out of the dark ages.

So good and bad for me...but some of the good is truly magnificent
    From a business standpoint, this would be something I would want if I were trying to gain more marketshare of the smartphone spectrum. In addition to that, with BB10 on the horizon, and this OS update being a link to the future of BB10, why would you insist that "no-one" will have a BB device?

IMO, it only makes perfect sense to me to intergrate multiple devices rather then try to compete with their own products. With the way things seems to be shaping up, your Sensation may be something you like to use now, but with all the possibilities and changes, you may want to switch to a BB in the future.

Ive stated before that making a unified platform for smartphones and tablets (IMO) doesnt make sense, generally speaking, for them all to do the same thing, because I would not see the need to have multiple devices that all do the same exact thing. However, with these features for intergration and co-existence it make more and more sense that they would want to make it available on their own devices first.

I honestly wonder why (since they came to market first) Apple didnt do something like this sooner. Even Android and WM, dont do hardware intergration for mobile devices with other hardware they offer/support.

just my .02
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-10-12 05:00 PM
    wow, that looks really great
    01-10-12 05:27 PM
    Very happy with the native software coming with OS2 and very excited about the LED working.

I don't suppose there was any news on Android App Player, was there?
    01-10-12 05:49 PM
    I was kind of wondering the same thing... considering that the BB phones have the "social feeds" icon that allows you to hit them all from there... they did seem to push Twitter and Linked in pretty hard.
    i'm not understanding the facebook dilemma as i currently have a facebook app on my playbook. granted it's not the greatest but it works. (i prefer to use the web browser version anyhow)...why would they remove it for 2.0?
    01-10-12 06:21 PM
    I love my playbook as is,
    this is the icing on the cake.
    01-10-12 06:31 PM
    Simply Awsome !!! for both our playbooks.
    01-10-12 06:35 PM
    Ok Fanboys, did any of you notice in this video that Kevin never covered the Playbook's piece of crap slow checker boarding web browser?
    01-10-12 06:50 PM
    i'm not understanding the facebook dilemma as i currently have a facebook app on my playbook. granted it's not the greatest but it works. (i prefer to use the web browser version anyhow)...why would they remove it for 2.0?
    On the current 1.0.8 OS, it is included as a "native app", from what they were showing in the videos posted on the front blog page, they did not mention intergration of the native messaging application with FB, but seemed to make it a point to name Twitter and Linkedin. I would have to watch the videos again but the the few that I have watched I did not notice FB intergraded with anything, but generally mentioned as "other major social networking sites" as well. And the world over, knows that FB is the largest social networking site right now. I also should mention that I did not specifically notice any social networking icons in the videos I have seen. Not that its not there or doesnt exist, just stating I have not noticed them available on the PBs being shown.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-10-12 06:51 PM
    In the video I noticed the notification light for e-mail and the little red star on e-mail app. Am I seeing things or is this on for the Big Day in Feb?????
    Last edited by skier1960; 01-10-12 at 07:12 PM.
    01-10-12 07:08 PM
    "This is madness!"

"Madness? THIS... IS....... PLAYBOOK!!!!!!!!!!
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-10-12 07:09 PM
    looks really clean though. Im excited. I'm gonna use the sh*t outta that auto-correct haha
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-10-12 07:10 PM
    I don't suppose there was any news on Android App Player, was there?
    Here you go:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-0-a-687614/
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-10-12 07:11 PM
    In the video I noticed the notification light for e-mail and the little red star on e-mail app. Am I seeing things or is this on for the Big Day in Feb?????
    The red star is supposed to be apart of the new messaging application notifications. While there was no direct address of the red blinking light, it does look to be directly associated with messaging notifications as well.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-10-12 08:30 PM
    The remote control feature is going to make me go out and buy a HDMI cable for me PB...
    Ive notice you mention this a couple times..and I have to wonder..did you not receive one with your PB?
    01-10-12 10:35 PM
    Ive notice you mention this a couple times..and I have to wonder..did you not receive one with your PB?
    No one did. An HDMI cable is not included with the PB.
    Serkle K likes this.
    01-10-12 11:06 PM
    No one did. An HDMI cable is not included with the PB.
    Huh..I thought mine did..but I got it as a gift..so maybe my wife purchased it seperately. Although I could swear it was in the box when I opened the packaging. Oh well..back to the topic
    01-10-12 11:11 PM
    I must be the only one not excited about all this email and social stuff - it just makes life even more complicated - love my bridged native email on my phone - good enough and simple!

Now THIS excites me:

BlackBerry Remote Hands-On! | CrackBerry.com

Nobody can say that RIM is not still innovating!
    When will the i-phone remote, i-bridge come out? What a hoot if apple starts following RIM!
    caboose01 and Serkle K like this.
    01-10-12 11:29 PM
    The red star is supposed to be apart of the new messaging application notifications. While there was no direct address of the red blinking light, it does look to be directly associated with messaging notifications as well.
    This is in the beta software. I'm assuming there will be something similar in the official release. Not a fan a the blinking LED on the PB but the option is there.
    Serkle K likes this.
    01-10-12 11:30 PM
    In the end, a Playbook's only worth what people are willing to pay for it.

That said, this update adds value to ALL Playbooks, I believe, and I think RIM is in a great position to re-boot the product. A few minutes ago, I got the shipping confirmation for the 64 GB that I ordered last week for $299; I'm EXTREMELY happy.

I'll likely hold off on selling my current 32 until after the update drops; it will be much easier to sell then!
    Is this the "rebate" for early adopters that has been requested?
    01-10-12 11:33 PM
    Huh..I thought mine did..but I got it as a gift..so maybe my wife purchased it seperately. Although I could swear it was in the box when I opened the packaging. Oh well..back to the topic
    I ignored the one "extra" cable in my box but thought it was an hdmi cable. I finally decided to hook it up to the tv and went in search of it. Unwrapped it and tried as I might to plug it into the hdmi port. No can do! I finally looked at it - usb cable!!! What - who needed another one of those. I was surprised that it did not contain an hdmi and was sure that was what it was.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-11-12 12:20 AM
    damn it gave me a hard on
    01-11-12 12:43 AM
    Ok Fanboys, did any of you notice in this video that Kevin never covered the Playbook's piece of crap slow checker boarding web browser?
    We love you Rambo (warf), just peace.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-11-12 01:36 AM
    On the current 1.0.8 OS, it is included as a "native app", from what they were showing in the videos posted on the front blog page, they did not mention intergration of the native messaging application with FB, but seemed to make it a point to name Twitter and Linkedin. I would have to watch the videos again but the the few that I have watched I did not notice FB intergraded with anything, but generally mentioned as "other major social networking sites" as well. And the world over, knows that FB is the largest social networking site right now. I also should mention that I did not specifically notice any social networking icons in the videos I have seen. Not that its not there or doesnt exist, just stating I have not noticed them available on the PBs being shown.
    I did notice Facebook mentioned in the Contacts App where the guy from RIM was showing off the "Integration" - I'll try and find the exact spot in the video later but it was within a contact that didn't have any social links and its said "This Screen will pull in Status Updates from Twitter, Linked In, Facebook, etc" I don't see why it wouldn't be there as I'd imagine it should be fairly easy to setup, plenty of other third party apps do it.
    01-11-12 02:45 AM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD