I used my playbook yesterday, and when finished I put it in airplane mode and set it down somewhere in my house. I looked for it all day and did not find it until this morning - not fun
    I phone my cell phone when this happens and find it that way, if it;s turned on.
    Is there a way to get it to beep or flash or anything so you can locate it?
    Thx for any help!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-15-13 09:26 AM
    Does your house look like one of those places on Hoarders? J/K, but it does seem like you should be able to locate a tablet unless you stuffed it between some cushions or in a stack of papers.

Hopefully you have the volume on full blast and notifications enabled. You could send yourself an email but it wont be a continuous beep...

Keep looking, best of luck.
    castoridae likes this.
    03-15-13 09:32 AM
    I used my playbook yesterday, and when finished I put it in airplane mode and set it down somewhere in my house. I looked for it all day and did not find it until this morning - not fun
    I phone my cell phone when this happens and find it that way, if it;s turned on.
    Is there a way to get it to beep or flash or anything so you can locate it?
    Thx for any help!
    Mmmmmmmmm, may one suggest a piece of string discretely tied to each of your devices.

P's if you intend to leave the house use elastic instead of string.
    castoridae likes this.
    03-15-13 09:34 AM
    You could send yourself an email but it wont be a continuous beep...
    Right, or if you synch with Gmail, set an alarm(s) on your Calendar using your PC maybe?
    03-15-13 09:35 AM
    It will beep when it hits 10% battery life, but I believe it's only once. Are you going to sit around and wait for that to happen?
    castoridae likes this.
    03-15-13 09:35 AM
    Check the fridge
    castoridae likes this.
    03-15-13 09:43 AM
    Check the fridge
    Ok if you don't like the string idea, this is guaranteed to work.

It's a little known fact the blackberries are addicted to pastry. Yes I know it seems strange but they are. (years of chefs sticking them in pies). Have you ever noticed how you make a blackberry pie and when you look around its missing. The blackberries have eaten it, however I digress.

1. Make sure your house is quiet and dimly lit.
    2. Get yourself some ready made pastry. (they're not fussy they eat any type but shortcrust is best)
    3. Walk quietly into each room and throw a price of the pastry into the center of the room.
    4. Wait for 10 mins and if you blackberry hasn't attacked the pastry, walk over to it and firmly stamp it into the carpet. (this action is vital)
    5. Visit each room in turn repeating steps 3 and 4.

Your blackberry should now be safely in your possession and head for the brandy.
    03-15-13 09:54 AM
    Check the fridge
    Or accorrding to other threads around here... check the bathroom ("ewww!")
    03-15-13 09:56 AM
    Actually, I found it stacked between some CDs, so same colour, etc. It seems to me that there is a tracking mechanism, but I dont know what it is.
    IqWaN likes this.
    03-15-13 10:04 AM
    Actually, I found it stacked between some CDs, so same colour, etc. It seems to me that there is a tracking mechanism, but I dont know what it is.
    Glad you found it. Tracking mechanism? Even if there was one didn't you say in your original post that you turned on airplane mode?
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    03-15-13 10:07 AM
    Glad you found it this time. Left in airplane mode won't allow email notices. The low battery alarm beep would be the answer but you might have to stick around for days to hear it when it finally goes off. I guess one could set a recurring Calendar event for the same time every day. But the chime might not be loud enough if it is in the OTHER room (whatever other room that might be) and I don't think it will keep chiming. I think the stop watch/timer in the clock app keeps sounding but it has to be set each time.

I do recall the time I put my phone down in my unfinished, poorly lighted and quite disheveled basement after a bike ride. I could not locate it. And calling it never gave me an opportunity to follow the sound since it would go to voice mail before I could find it! I now have FindMyPhone and now BB Protect is also available.
    03-15-13 10:16 AM
    Pastry method works every time don't you know.
    03-15-13 10:18 AM
    its on airplane mode!!!
    03-15-13 10:26 AM
    Damn BlackBerry!! You would think they could make a clap on clap off app by now!!
    sad_old_man and castoridae like this.
    03-15-13 11:32 AM
    Damn BlackBerry!! You would think they could make a clap on clap off app by now!!
    But when you walked around clapping to find it, you wouldn't hear it because you would just be switching it on and off each time you clapped. Try the pastry method or the string method.
    03-15-13 01:58 PM
    Glad you found it. Tracking mechanism? Even if there was one didn't you say in your original post that you turned on airplane mode?
    yeah, it kinda puts one between a rock and a hard place doesn't it
    03-15-13 03:49 PM