For all of you guys who were waiting for OliveTree to be on the PlayBook. It's now there. I havent done anything with it except install & run it, but it looks like they did a simple Android Port....Although that's not as good as a native App, I guess it's better then nothing & from what I hear about 2.1 it looks like it will soon be even harder to notice what apps are Native & which are not....

Anyway, for all you who have been waiting for it...enjoy

Free KJV Bible for BibleReader - Download KJV Bible for BibleReader - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Dim-Ize, kayleeks and rotorwrench like this.
    06-04-12 03:07 PM
    Cool! I hope other translations will be available also. Thanks for the notice.
    06-04-12 03:38 PM
    Thanks for the heads-up.

I've tried Bible from LifeChurch, having used it on my BB and iPad. I was familiar with its interface. It too was an Android port.

Then, with comments from CB, I tried e-Mmanuel. It is a native reader and has some unique features. I purchased the full version of it and I'm very happy.

I only wish there was a red letter NT version to download. I may take a look at this - but, as you mention, I really prefer a native app.
    jetstreamblue likes this.
    06-04-12 03:47 PM
    I loved Olive Tree on my old Bold 9700. When I couldn't use it on my Style I tried Alkitabku. Loved it more than OT. I was happytofind it for the PB and yes, it's native.
    06-04-12 05:45 PM
    Olive tree beenout awhile...
    06-04-12 06:01 PM
    ^^^^^. +1 for e-Mmanuel. Nothing against Olive Tree, but the free translations, the ability to display two versions side-by-side, and the frequent updates by the developer are...priceless.
    06-04-12 06:14 PM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What Harry said.
    jetstreamblue likes this.
    06-04-12 06:49 PM
    +1 for eMmanuel. Loads of different translations, you can add notes, bookmarks, highlights, and can customize the background and font as well. Also has reference tools. One of the best apps on my pb.
    06-04-12 09:01 PM
    eMmanual is my number one Bible and study app but I I've had Olive Tree on all my other devices and like it as a second reader.
    06-04-12 11:31 PM
    I enjoyed Olive Tree on my 8520, and was disappointed when it wasn’t available after upgrading to a 9930. I too enjoy Emmanuel on my Playbook, and with all of the various features and free translations available, don't miss Olive Tree at all! While I am glad that there are more developers coming online for the PlayBook I won't be switching back; too little, too late.....
    philblin and jetstreamblue like this.
    06-04-12 11:46 PM
    I must say, I too am a bit disapointed with Olive Tree's BB support

But who knows, if enouph people install it maybe they will descide to do a proper native version.....
    06-06-12 03:45 PM
    I recently installed OliveTree reader 5 in my PlayBook and downloaded all my purchases that I had in my 9650 into the PlayBook. Is there any way to chnge the Bible version that is displayed in the window that is on the right of the screen? The one that came with the reader is KGV and would like the option to switch when ever I want.
    BTW I also have been using E-Manuel paid version and is wonderful.
    10-15-12 10:41 AM
    It would be fantastic if Olive Tree would have a reader just like E-Manuel. Native of course.
    10-15-12 11:41 AM
    there any way to chnge the Bible version that is displayed in the window that is on the right of the screen? The one that came with the reader is KGV and would like the option to switch when ever I want.
    BTW I also have been using E-Manuel paid version and is wonderful.
    Yes, you can change the resource the right side. Tap on the verse reference above the second screen and select library, and select the Bible version you want to use.

You must download your paid resources in order to select them:
    -At the top left, tap on the book icon
    -Then tap the "more books" button
    -Then tap the "Purchased" button

Login using your account, then all your purchased items will show up in a list. You can then click on each item in the list to download them locally.
    10-15-12 02:47 PM
    Got it thank you so much.
    10-15-12 03:13 PM
    I hope we get it on our phones now.

arTie's berry "Q10"
    02-20-14 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD