Streaming audio in the web browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook now pauses whenever the screen blanks. This was working fine and did not pause until I updated to 1.0.8. Yes, the tablet is in showcase mode and I even toggled between modes. Research In Motion - Get your act together or the entire development team will be terminated in a hail of tablets. Does nobody bother with quality assurance (QA) or quality control (QC) for software anymore? My patience with these buffoons is on a steady decline and if the release in February 2012 is not absolutely perfect a thoughtful letter will be sent to Mike and Jim.

CrackBerry Kevin, can't you use your contacts within this organization to find out why they are unable to deliver a consistent positive experience?
    11-25-11 05:47 AM
    do a reboot, thats how i fix it
    11-25-11 05:53 AM
    do a reboot, thats how i fix it
    Thank you for the suggestion. It has restored the expected behaviour so streaming audio continues after the screen blanks. Odd though since the tablet required an automatic reboot after updating to 1.0.8. Oh well, it works again and I appreciate your assistance.
    11-25-11 06:12 AM
    the streaming bug happens to me sometimes when i open multiple pages on different tabs. with flash ads or apps.
    11-25-11 08:48 AM
    the streaming bug happens to me sometimes when i open multiple pages on different tabs. with flash ads or apps.
    Which is odd since that bug was addressed in a previous release. Sometimes I wonder if every BlackBerry PlayBook has its own individual quirks in an attempt to give it a human-like personality.
    11-25-11 08:55 AM
    i think i have it on 1.0.7 too.. and its still present on 2.0 but im not sure if is present in the lastest release..
    11-25-11 09:41 AM
    Which is odd since that bug was addressed in a previous release. Sometimes I wonder if every BlackBerry PlayBook has its own individual quirks in an attempt to give it a human-like personality.
    Mine burped when I took the picture of the chocolate cake!
    11-25-11 09:59 AM
    Mine burped when I took the picture of the chocolate cake!
    Then surely don't take it into the bathroom.
    FF22 and melander like this.
    11-25-11 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD