I think now the fact that the playbook os 2.0 is coming out in feb 2012, it is safe to say that RIM really effed up. When or if the os does come out in 2012, it will either be too late or RIM will launch another playbook(2) with the OS. Either way, the original playbook owners really got the sour end of the stick. I am a big RIM fan but I am also a fan of good products. I really believed the playbook would be the best tablet on the market, and in some respects it is. But what really bothers me is how RIM can willfully drag their customers along, making them believe that the playbook is a great device. They repeatedly broke promise after promise for the playbook, claiming false release dates for OS's and such. I mean how long does it take to develop apps or email for this thing. I seen a beta version of the email working from a video in June 2011, why is it not out yet. They are really moving at a snails pace. I even returned my iPad 2 thinking that playbook would be the end all be all device. Im not trying to be a troll or a hater, I just think that the customers should get what they want from a device that costs roughly $500! It doesn't even have native email? The point of a tablet is not to be a replacement for a laptop, it is a in between device. If i want to check email, I don't wanna open my laptop and go to a site and type my password and scroll through emails. I rather turn the playbook on press a button and interact with my emails in a creative and intuitive way (cell phone email is good on the go, but doesn't give the full experience). I can't stress enough that the playbook is a great device mechanically, the software is good too but missing key aspects.

I know most of us that have playbooks are beyond the point of return. So i purpose why don't we do what people have done to the HP tablet, and try to take over the device on our own and create applications, or port over other OS's to get the full potential of this great hardware.

Either way, it saddens me to say that I will never purchase a RIM product again.
    People on the forums can hate all you want, but I am just putting my thoughts out there.
    10-25-11 10:25 PM
    yeah, I will have an issue buying a BB product again... My Storm2 did not mature well, and my PB is not getting what was promised.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    10-25-11 10:28 PM
    I really like my playbook as a device but im incredibly angry at the lies i was told about native email support coming soon along with android etc etc etc.

If some want can root the device and port ice cream sandwhich i would probally jump at it and be done with rim and Qnx

I have email now via android and bb bridge but what good is email if i cant post links from the broswer? actually u cant post **** to bb bridged email from anywhere outside of email.

Rim = epic fail..

I still hate my ipad though.. This pb is the perfect siZe. Too bad the Os is as usefull as a sony ericson.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    10-25-11 10:32 PM
    I know most of us that have playbooks are beyond the point of return. So i purpose why don't we do what people have done to the HP tablet, and try to take over the device on our own and create applications, or port over other OS's to get the full potential of this great hardware.
    I wish RIM made all the drivers available for CyonagenMod 9 (ICS) to be ported to the playbook. What a sweet device that would be.
    10-25-11 11:58 PM
    One great way to deal with this hate is to introduce the delay to the competition as a great marketing strategy.

Email away, guys:

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    sapperuk likes this.
    10-26-11 12:15 AM
    @nismo1390

Thanks very much for this comment, I share 100% of your opinion!
    10-26-11 12:20 AM
    @nismo1390

Thanks very much for this comment, I share 100% of your opinion!
    10-26-11 12:21 AM
    Boy have I never regretted wasting money this much before
    10-26-11 12:24 AM
    I think now the fact that the playbook os 2.0 is coming out in feb 2012, it is safe to say that RIM really effed up. When or if the os does come out in 2012, it will either be too late or RIM will launch another playbook(2) with the OS.
    And therein is the damage that the whole Play-Water-Book-Gate has caused - people no longer trust RIM; they think they blatantly lied to them (which they did); they see constant promises only to have these promises revoked, denied, or extended into the far future that most of us will be dead by the time these promises are met. In short, RIM has caused even the most devout of followers to have doubts about whether this company can remain competitive or even exist, if taken to the extreme, in today's world.

While I only can speak for myself, although I supsect I'm not alone in this, this announcement of yet another delay which will undboutedly be followed by an additional delay, was the death knell for RIM. You couldn't pay me now to take a RIM product - either another one of their phones or the existing Playbook or, heaven forbid, a Playbook 2 - something I seriously doubt will ever come to pass. And even if it does come to pass, I will not even cast a RIM product a glance given what has happened.

I'm tired of being lied to. I'm tired of being mislead. I'm tired of the whole thing. As it stands now, if I could afford it, I would get another phone and a different tablet and simply ship my RIM products back to them with a postcard saying "f u" - considering thats what RIM has done to us. Sadly, unless I win a lottery, I'm stuck with my products until the near future.

But I have made a choice - I can not in good conscious continue to support a company such as RIM. I dont trust them. And I certainly dont believe anything they say. You see, it's not the fact that 2.0 was delayed till February; but rather, its yet another in a long line of lies, delays, mistruths, and utter incompetence that spews forth from the mouths of RIM - its the proverbial straw the broke the camel's back. And that, my friends, is truly the greatest damage that RIM has done. RIM has lost all credibility. And once lost, this rarely can be regained.
    Wishmagic, FF22, howarmat and 5 others like this.
    10-26-11 12:27 AM
    I can't believe what a complete fool I made of myself when I was trying to convince all my colleagues and friends to buy a PlayBook. "Look at this amazing hardware, the real multitasking, browser with flash support, the new UI, etc." When they were asking "yep, looks great but where's the mail and calendar app?" I said this will come within 60 days, then late summer, then......
    MobileGlick likes this.
    10-26-11 01:02 AM
    Oh my GAWD

Did someone die in here? Where's my violin and box of Kleenex?

What's everyone bawling about?
    black hole likes this.
    10-26-11 01:14 AM
    Oh my GAWD

Did someone die in here?
    Not yet....but soon!
    10-26-11 01:21 AM
    Oh my GAWD

Did someone die in here? Where's my violin and box of Kleenex?

What's everyone bawling about?
    Playbook as a viable product died. Here's a tissue.
    10-26-11 01:22 AM
    WILL EVERYONE RELAX!! RIM is clearly doing their best here. This is the company that has proven it's capable of releasing exceptional software updates in a timely manner. Remember how quickly they released the update which enabled the much sought after 'airplane mode'? You guys need to stop whining and start spending money on airplane tickets to fully enjoy this amazing feature.
    avt123 likes this.
    10-26-11 01:36 AM
    99 dollar fire sale Blackberry Playbook!
    10-26-11 01:41 AM
    quite strange now that i have found people that usually bash me for being a troll is an even bigger troll now hehe

its bad karma for rim - try to cut carrier's data plan thru bridge..and now its clear that there's no such thing as free lunch. playbook wouldve been successful if launched on radio/3g version with carrier data plan embedded, backed up and supported by carriers. instead rim try go sneaky sneaky with the bridge (free tethering anyone?). bad karma. i bet no carrier wants to touch it now..since it will load android and god knows how bad android with data (it uses many times for than blackberry)..and do you think carriers wants to leave the bridge on, draining their quota and bandwith?
    10-26-11 01:42 AM
    What has RIM done for the past 6 months?

Here we are 6 months from release of the PB and we are being told it will be another 4 before we might see OS2.

It tells me they've done nothing.

I've been a loyal BB customer for only 4 years and this has me thinking of looking at other devices. My current contract is up in a few weeks and I was planning on waiting for the QNX phones, but with this delay we might not see QNX phones until 2013.

Something needs to be to/at RIM.
    10-26-11 02:00 AM
    Can someone please tell me what the problem is?

RIM released their playbook around 7 months ago. Running Version 1.x.x.x of QNX.
    In the months after they released several updates, and if u Like u can install a Beta V2.x.x.x sinds 18th of October.

When your done playing with the Beta 2.0 its almost time to install the Final 2.0 somewhere in February 2012. (or sooner)

In the meantime u can still use your playbook the way u were used to, but with more apps and games available through the App World.

So.... whats the BIG issue ??
    10-26-11 02:25 AM
    It is true that its not the issue that its been delayed, we all understand that the QNX migration along with the technicalities of getting BBM and Native Email to work across 2 devices seems to have been problematic but its the fact RIM has at the very least been massively incompetent with their comms and at worst out right lied to consumers, thats not trolling or anything but fact, Apple and Google might have their shortcomings but if they say something is getting released it does.
    10-26-11 02:44 AM
    Can someone please tell me what the problem is?

RIM released their playbook around 7 months ago. Running Version 1.x.x.x of QNX.
    In the months after they released several updates, and if u Like u can install a Beta V2.x.x.x sinds 18th of October.

When your done playing with the Beta 2.0 its almost time to install the Final 2.0 somewhere in February 2012. (or sooner)

In the meantime u can still use your playbook the way u were used to, but with more apps and games available through the App World.

So.... whats the BIG issue ??
    the issue is that RIM lunched PB in middle east OFFICIALLY 3 months ago and until today this stupied PB dont support ARABIC reading and writting. u know what i call this??? stupidity. how come RIM want to sell more of this product in a big region such as ME without language support?
    10-26-11 03:40 AM
    WILL EVERYONE RELAX!! RIM is clearly doing their best here. This is the company that has proven it's capable of releasing exceptional software updates in a timely manner. Remember how quickly they released the update which enabled the much sought after 'airplane mode'? You guys need to stop whining and start spending money on airplane tickets to fully enjoy this amazing feature.
    Now wait - you missed my sarcasm yesterday and you post this????

Have a great day, oh, and FOUR MORE MONTHS!
    10-26-11 10:11 AM
    RIM is clearly doing their best here.
    That idea scares me to death.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 10:29 AM
    Boy have I never regretted wasting money this much before
    What ! so you bought your Playbook on the premise of future updates making it better or suiting your needs better ?? I don't get it !! surely you would have been better off buying one of the other tablets on offer.
    10-26-11 12:32 PM
    WILL EVERYONE RELAX!! RIM is clearly doing their best here.
    That is the problem. RIM's best isn't enough today to stay competitive in the smartphone or the tablet market.

Also, why is everyone banking on February? The announcement said they are currently planning for it to be released in February. Not that it will be released in February. I thought you guys would have picked up the RIM lingo by now. First of all, he didn't specify a year - he's likely talking about 2014, and secondly, it's probably not going to be in February in 2014.
    Last edited by rdkempt; 10-26-11 at 12:43 PM.
    10-26-11 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD