This 'app' loads Hulu and fakes the User Agent to be Firefox / Windows.
    I guess this is what most of these media sites do. They're gonna have to try harder

Voila, Hulu.

04-25-11 02:50 AM
    Where does one get this "app"?
    04-25-11 03:07 AM
    yes Where can I get this app?
    04-25-11 03:18 AM
    Link peez
    04-25-11 03:29 AM
    You have to make it.. unless Marco plans on sharing lol. But that of course means signing the app, explaining to RIM what it does, them denying it.. yadda... yadda.. yadda..

See here: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...k-demo-608431/ or Building a Web Browser App for Blackberry Playbook Simulator
    04-25-11 03:41 AM
    Can't you sideload apps onto the Playbook?
    04-25-11 06:14 AM
    If you install the development toolkit, you can "sideload" signed apps, if you have the .bar file. You can also install unsigned ones using a different approach that's more complicated (involving "debug tokens").
    04-25-11 09:54 AM
    Peter is right. RIM made it pretty hard for non-developers to install stuff on their devices. There's no easy way to share this for me at this point and RIM would never approve it as an AppWorld app
    04-25-11 10:04 AM
    I think some members of the community could put together a side loader skeleton that would use just enough of the SDK to load applications on the device... I haven't tried anything yet, but I do have the SDK loaded and would imagine that you could strip enough of it out to make a loader under 100MB or so.

Hmmm, maybe I should do some testing and see where I get... I'd hate to make an easy way just to have RIM plug it before the native SDK comes out though...
    04-25-11 10:18 AM
    At this point, the only way to reach Hulu is through www.playbookrevolution.com. I watched 2 eps of Family Guy and Always Sunny last night without any lag. Went fullscreen too.
    04-25-11 10:29 AM
    I think some members of the community could put together a side loader skeleton that would use just enough of the SDK to load applications on the device... I haven't tried anything yet, but I do have the SDK loaded and would imagine that you could strip enough of it out to make a loader under 100MB or so.

Hmmm, maybe I should do some testing and see where I get... I'd hate to make an easy way just to have RIM plug it before the native SDK comes out though...
    That would be pretty damn awesome. The same thing happened for Palm WebOS. It evolved in a tool called 'PreWare' which is pretty much a full flown app catalog full of apps that are not 'official'. It includes things that Palm/HP would never approve, like a an app that allows tethering without any special tethering plan and such
    04-25-11 10:36 AM
    Peter is right. RIM made it pretty hard for non-developers to install stuff on their devices. There's no easy way to share this for me at this point and RIM would never approve it as an AppWorld app
    Why wouldn't they approve it? This app sounds like it would be much more useful than just being able to play Hulu video. Something like this would allow the Playbook to load the full-version of any website vs. the automatic redirect to a mobile site. Someone had a thread about trying to get the full-version of some websites that automatically redirected to mobile. For example, you can't watch any video on engadget's mobile site, and this app would allow you to browse the full-version of the site, embedded video included.

This link isn't the same one I mentioned, but exhibits the same problem.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/de...-sites-608793/

EDIT: Link doesn't want to work for some reason, can a mod fix it for me? I can't figure out why it won't open the thread I linked to.
    Last edited by bacon.jay; 04-25-11 at 12:41 PM.
    04-25-11 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD