so i got an answer from Zagg about being ableto charge the playbook with a Spaerq 2.0.
    here's their answer:

That is a great question. The ZAGGsparq 2.0 is compatible with most devices which charge via a USB. That being said the ZAGGsparq 2.0 hasn't been tested with every device, however it should work with the Blackberry Playbook. Please be aware that when it comes to charging a tablet device it will usually bring it from 0 to 60% and use up all four charges on the ZAGGsparq 2.0.

Tom
    01-26-12 07:21 AM
    It likely will charge it... there's nothing that special about charging through USB.

Note, however, that if the specifications on this page (phone Charger | iPhone Charger | iPad Charger | Portable Battery Charger | ZAGGsparq | ZAGG) are correct, there's no chance it will get anywhere near 60%. Even ignoring inefficiency (which probably reduces the results by at least a tenth), that page says it stores 6000mAh of energy, which is 1/3 of the PlayBook's total charge. You'll be lucky to get even to 33% if it starts at 0%.
    01-26-12 07:53 AM
    I have the Sparq 2.0 and have used it to temp charge my PB before...the charge is pretty slow...and I believe might be able to get you 20-40 percent of hour battery back. But works!
    01-26-12 10:39 AM
    I just got the sparq 2.0 and have found that the top usb port ('optimized') doesn't charge my bb 9900 or pb BUT it seems to charge the ipad. When I plug in the bb it actually says the source can't charge the battery!
    Even stranger,the bottom port will charge both.

Has anyone gotten the top port to charge either the pb or bb? I want to know if this is defective. I sent the first one back because it didn't charge from the top.
    05-02-12 08:31 PM
    I just got the sparq 2.0 and have found that the top usb port ('optimized') doesn't charge my bb 9900 or pb BUT it seems to charge the ipad. When I plug in the bb it actually says the source can't charge the battery!

Has anyone gotten the top port to charge either the pb or bb? I want to know if this is defective. I sent the first one back because it didn't charge from the top.
    I don't know that charger but it MIGHT require a CHARGING ONLY cable which are special cables that cross or short some internal wires. AT&T stores sell them for about $10. You can probably get them from other places, too. Again, it is a MIGHT. Others might have additional info.
    05-02-12 10:14 PM

You need a charge only cable as mentioned by F2. The thread below has a post about this problem. On the second linked thread there is a link for the AT&T charge only cable for BlackBerrys. You will need this with the newer OS7 phones to charge off some non-BlackBerry chargers, as most are wired for iPhones/iPads.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post7368235

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9930-a-720952/
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-03-12 at 08:07 AM.
    05-03-12 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD