By that time it will be too late.
    Its already to late!!!!!
    02-06-14 10:28 AM
    Just cuz you're paranoid, doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you.
    02-06-14 10:37 AM
    The NSA has nothing when compared with Google! Just wait till Google has drones!
    02-06-14 10:44 AM
    The NSA has nothing when compared with Google! Just wait till Google has drones!
    not to mention the ailen probes. Once they bust those out.................it's over
    02-06-14 10:46 AM
    not to mention the ailen probes. Once they bust those out.................it's over
    I ain't gonna bend over to pick up the soap ever again!!
    02-06-14 10:49 AM
    I'm not paranoid. I just have a problem with a company stealing my personal information and making money off of it. So I just don't try to join in on things like Google, FaceBook, and the like.
    02-06-14 10:53 AM
    I'm not paranoid. I just have a problem with a company stealing my personal information and making money off of it. So I just don't try to join in on things like Google, FaceBook, and the like.
    I use Facebook, about twice a year. I have No information on it. A good way to get pictures of the grandkids though.
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    02-06-14 11:00 AM
    Anoid at the droid. Could some one have made in app purchases in a game or bought a movie? And how did Google get your credit card number? When a charge comes up on your credit card you don't agree with don't you first call the credit card company and challenge it?

BTW: Isn't it too cold to be taking a shower in that outside shower at the Mallow Park ?
    dazzleaj, dphjeff, Cynycl and 2 others like this.
    02-06-14 11:05 AM
    I guess this is a social debate bla bla bla
    I use facebook only for my photography, twitter once in a billion years google+ I still find it awkward it asks too much info, everybody these days is a social consumer they all want this and that not to mention anything that relates to google needs info
    The only thing that upsets me is the yahoo support for BlackBerry 10.. things were beautiful back those days with the push service.. gmail is still ok though..

Posted from Blackberry Q5 via CB10
    02-06-14 11:05 AM
    I use Facebook, about twice a year. I have No information on it. A good way to get pictures of the grandkids though.
    You have more than what you think!
    I don't fault people for using them. I just have a problem with the companies hacking our information. For instants why would an Ebay App need access to my picture, contacts, files, ect. To collect information and sell it. At least with BlackBerry you have the chose to deni access. But with google devices your FKed. If you use our products and services we are going to take what ever we want from you and your going to like it.
    02-06-14 11:24 AM
    Any time you get a free app, especially on Android, there are strings aattachex. Usually they want to know all about you so they can sell focused advertising. But they could sell the information. And not a good idea to give an app store or most stores a credit or debit card attached to your bank account. You can use a paid up debit card to limit potential loss.
    Cynycl, dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    02-06-14 11:35 AM
    You have more than what you think!
    I don't fault people for using them. I just have a problem with the companies hacking our information. For instants why would an Ebay App need access to my picture, contacts, files, ect. To collect information and sell it. At least with BlackBerry you have the chose to deni access. But with google devices your FKed. If you use our products and services we are going to take what ever we want from you and your going to like it.
    Actually I Googled my name and just used what was already on line about me. I have been in business for 30 years and have been in the news a time or two (wanted posters not included). That is all I use in any profile. I assume that anything I put anywhere can be used by anyone without me knowing that they are.
    dphjeff, jpash549, Cynycl and 4 others like this.
    02-06-14 11:35 AM
    Any time you get a free app, especially on Android, there are strings aattachex. Usually they want to know all about you so they can sell focused advertising. But they could sell the information. And not a good idea to give an app store or most stores a credit or debit card attached to your bank account. You can use a paid up debit card to limit potential loss.
    I use only one specific card for online purchases. I keep an eye on it on line and it's the lowest limit card I have. For many small purchases I use PayPal. Much safer than cards.
    02-06-14 11:41 AM
    Facebook and Google+ are bad about permissions. You can go through the list and try to limiy the damage but each update may reset to their standard and you will have to do it again.

And if you want to find out all the public information about a person there are services which will sell you that from their collection for a few dollars.
    Cynycl, dazzleaj, dphjeff and 2 others like this.
    02-06-14 11:51 AM
    The companies profiting from your information also help the politicians line their slush funds. Every other day somewhere around the world, they slap the wrists of these companies and hit them with fines for breaching privacy laws, or mishandling user data, but the affected users never see a penny. Just a giant circle jerk between govimits and their corporate masters.

Privacy ceased to exist with the advent of the census. Now social media has people surveilling themselves and their known associates. Guess everyone forgot what they learned in health class........diseases are social.
    Last edited by Cynycl; 02-06-14 at 12:32 PM.
    02-06-14 12:19 PM
    Over the last decade or so not much has changed where privacy and personal data online are concerned.
    All kinds of new legislation hasn't effectively limited any of the already existing data gathering, it just forced the companies doing it to be bit more "upfront" about it. And that's the point where the consumer notices, thinking he is worse off than before. But "the system" was in place long before that.

yes, this is a repost due to a technical glitch...
    02-06-14 12:26 PM
    Over the last decade or so not much has changed where privacy and personal data online are concerned.
    All kinds of new legislation hasn't effectively limited any of the already existing data gathering, it just forced the companies doing it to be bit more "upfront" about it. And that's the point where the consumer notices, thinking he is worse off than before. But "the system" was in place long before that.

yes, this is a repost due to a technical glitch...
    If you use a grocery store valued customer card, your Cheerios are in the data base. Anything other than pure cash transactions have been logged for many years. Doctor visits, prescriptions, even the new automatic toll thingies on the highways record you. This does not take into account all the traffic cameras set up all over. With the high level of face recognition software, you are only a click away from prime time! Cell phones can be used to monitor your whereabouts even with the GPS turned off.

The real question is "does it really matter?" Yeah it its invasive and uncomfortable but if you are really not doing anything Really terrible, and protect yourself from being stupid about the whole social network tripe, why worry? It is like death and taxes, you cant get away from it.
    02-06-14 12:49 PM
    The real question is "does it really matter?" Yeah it its invasive and uncomfortable but if you are really not doing anything Really terrible, and protect yourself from being stupid about the whole social network tripe, why worry? It is like death and taxes, you cant get away from it.
    In the original setup data gathering took place without us knowing it. Now we've been made aware of the extent it happens, without anything being done about it, as all legislation only regulates, never outright forbids.
    We were better off in the past, as we didn't know then, that we could & should worry about this. But apart from that, IMHO, nothing much has changed, really...
    02-06-14 12:57 PM
    If you use a grocery store valued customer card, your Cheerios are in the data base. Anything other than pure cash transactions have been logged for many years. Doctor visits, prescriptions, even the new automatic toll thingies on the highways record you. This does not take into account all the traffic cameras set up all over. With the high level of face recognition software, you are only a click away from prime time! Cell phones can be used to monitor your whereabouts even with the GPS turned off.

You could always run off and join a Michigan Militia or become a doomsday prepper.

Run around the woods in your camo and gas mask doing summersaults in the dirt all weekend.
    02-06-14 01:00 PM
    Caravan parks are filled with Pikeys. We don't allow Pikeys here. We have very high standards when it comes to where we strategically place our tornado events
    Wots a Pikeys?
    dazzleaj, dphjeff, Cynycl and 2 others like this.
    02-06-14 01:32 PM
    You could always run off and join a Michigan Militia or become a doomsday prepper.

Run around the woods in your camo and gas mask doing summersaults in the dirt all weekend.
    Naw, They have those guys on Satellite Candid Camera, like these caught by Google earth.

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-news_gesbvoy.jpg
    02-06-14 01:34 PM
    Birthdays are like boogers. The more you have the harder it gets to breathe
    Wots a boogers?
    dphjeff, Cynycl, dazzleaj and 1 others like this.
    02-06-14 01:37 PM
    Wots a boogers?
    Look under the table. Its the stuff next to the gum.
    02-06-14 01:49 PM
    Look under the table. Its the stuff next to the gum.
    Wots gum?
    Cynycl, dazzleaj and Carl Estes like this.
    02-06-14 02:06 PM
    Wots gum?
    What gum?.
    The chewing gum under the table!
    Cynycl, dazzleaj and Carl Estes like this.
    02-06-14 02:13 PM
8,949 ... 269270271272273 ...