Badged or bandaged up?

You playing with your noisemaker after too many bockles again?
    probably, you know after you have a few (or too many) bokkles, those pesky "potted plants or Pot planted" can get unruly and you have to defend one self......and once in a while you have to "terminate with extreme predjudice"....
    c
    dphjeff, sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    12-18-13 11:08 AM
    I know the filling. Here are some of my merit badges. I have more but think I my have to stretch my arm to get them to fit on my sleeve.
    Just start stitchin' them on the underside of the sleeve, that way when SOM finally figures out his new "toys" ( I use the term VERY loosly), when he holds you up, you'll raise your hands/arms, and the little Lepergnomes will see he has been outclassed.....

c

c
    dphjeff, sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    12-18-13 11:11 AM
    Just start stitchin' them on the underside of the sleeve, that way when SOM finally figures out his new "toys" ( I use the term VERY loosly), when he holds you up, you'll raise your hands/arms, and the little Lepergnomes will see he has been outclassed.....

c

c
    I likes that I does I is chuckling?
    Cynycl, dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    12-18-13 11:21 AM

c

c
    I wouldn't say outclassed because S_O_M is in a class of his own. We are comparing apples to oranges.
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    12-18-13 11:27 AM
    I wouldn't say outclassed because S_O_M is in a class of his own. We are comparing apples to oranges.
    Don't forgets the grape as well as? He is a knight of the odd shaped table after all!...............Which reminds me where is the tulip grower and eater of flesh (human variety not sold in wallymart). eh?
    dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    12-18-13 11:32 AM
    Sucking up now that you've seen his weapons of plant destruction?

You're such a scaredy duck. Worried about that Christmas dinner are we?
    12-18-13 11:37 AM
    Sucking up now that you've seen his weapons of plant destruction?

You're such a scaredy duck. Worried about that Christmas dinner are we?
    I get dinner too! First S_O_M was going to get me something and now dinner. Damn this is going to be a good Christmas.
    12-18-13 11:40 AM
    I get dinner too! First S_O_M was going to get me something and now dinner. Damn this is going to be a good Christmas.
    Umm, I think he meant you would be dinner, huh, eh, wot tow
    12-18-13 12:42 PM
    Mississipi...

Wrong! You need to think laterally see?
    Lateral enough?
    12-18-13 03:24 PM
    Mississipi...

Lateral enough?
    I got nuthin'........

c
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    12-18-13 03:40 PM
    I got nuthin'........

c
    WOT?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-18-13 04:43 PM
    Completely OT: as I have decide to buy myself a Google Nexus 7 (2013), how often would I. Have to recharge the Playbook to prevent its battery dying on me?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-18-13 04:55 PM
    Completely OT: as I have decide to buy myself a Google Nexus 7 (2013), how often would I. Have to recharge the Playbook to prevent its battery dying on me?
    I had my 32gig OFF for about a month and it had barely lost any juice. But I would suggest trying it on a week at a time. OFF. Turn on an check, off, etc. Till you get a feel for your unit. Standby does not last anywhere near that long - maybe a week????
    12-18-13 09:36 PM
    I had my 32gig OFF for about a month and it had barely lost any juice. But I would suggest trying it on a week at a time. OFF. Turn on an check, off, etc. Till you get a feel for your unit. Standby does not last anywhere near that long - maybe a week????
    So, do you think it would be better to just use the off on the battery icon, instead of doing 'airplane on- standby' every night?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-19-13 06:22 AM
    Just no loyalty anymore isn't there. Mutter.....mutter.........
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    12-19-13 06:24 AM
    Sure there is POM (poor_old_man) - see, iz here
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    12-19-13 06:47 AM
    Personally I don't see it as disloyality (but I wouldn't, now would I).
    I see buying a Nexus 7 as manually updating my Android runtime to 4.3/4.4.

And as these threads are the best part of my Playbook experience,
    I wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon...
    sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    12-19-13 06:49 AM
    Personally I don't see it as disloyality (but I wouldn't, now would I).
    I see buying a Nexus 7 as manually updating my Android runtime to 4.3/4.4.

And as these threads are the best part of my Playbook experience,
    I wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon...
    Does that meens mees tulip grower?.............aw shucks I is barrast nows I is...........
    dphjeff likes this.
    12-19-13 07:08 AM
    Sure there is POM (poor_old_man) - see, iz here
    I should have said, wif my two playbooks and not even the silly little iPod, now that it's gone ...

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-distraught-angel.jpg
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-19-13 07:32 AM
    So, do you think it would be better to just use the off on the battery icon, instead of doing 'airplane on- standby' every night?
    I think there is a controversy over "better or worse" on leaving something "on or off" when it comes to any kind of consumer electronics. There are some that say electrical circuits/components will do just fine leaving them on 24/7. Others turn them on and off to save electricity and "wear and tear". Heat generated while on is probably the worst enemy of batteries and components. With the PB, we have to worry about complete discharge of the battery as that can be a problem. So as long as you manage that somehow, whether you turn it off or leave it in standby, doesn't really matter, I don't think. Or at least I don't lose any sleep over it. LOL.
    Cynycl, FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    12-19-13 07:39 AM
    I also heard that long term storage should be around 45-50% full. If you want to be technical. LOL.
    Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-19-13 07:42 AM
    I think there is a controversy over "better or worse" on leaving something "on or off" when it comes to any kind of consumer electronics. There are some that say electrical circuits/components will do just fine leaving them on 24/7. Others turn them on and off to save electricity and "wear and tear". Heat generated while on is probably the worst enemy of batteries and components. With the PB, we have to worry about complete discharge of the battery as that can be a problem. So as long as you manage that somehow, whether you turn it off or leave it in standby, doesn't really matter, I don't think. Or at least I don't lose any sleep over it. LOL.
    The boot time on the playbook is reason enuf to leave it on all the time
    12-19-13 07:43 AM
    The boot time on the playbook is reason enuf to leave it on all the time
    Hehe. My Win 8 i7 laptop leaves both PB and N7 2012 in the dust.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-19-13 07:56 AM
    Well, I used to just turn off the wifi and put it on standby, but after a lengthy discussion, I learned that it was better to put it on airplane 'on' and standby.

I don't think electricity use is really an issue with the playbooks, but I do have at least one of them left plugged in until the other needs boosting -sometimes for 24 hrs. This does make the playbook warm.

Maybe I should unplug it, once it's charged?
    But once again, what would be the best option if you're leaving one at home for a couple of weeks, like vaca or zipping all over the planet, like SOM?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-19-13 08:08 AM
    I also heard that long term storage should be around 45-50% full. If you want to be technical. LOL.
    Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University
    How do you define 'long-term storage'? And how would you ensure the optimal 45-50% battery charge if you're away, or if it is in fact in storage ??
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-19-13 08:12 AM
8,949 ... 226227228229230 ...