Hirazi I dare you
    As this is "truth or dare" apparently, I'd much rather tell you the truth:
    I already did that, it was called " going to university" where I come from...
    12-15-13 09:44 AM
    That way I'd only need a different mains adapter?
    I would expect so
    12-15-13 09:45 AM
    I would expect so
    But other than that there are no foreseeable problems with imported hardware like this?
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    12-15-13 09:49 AM
    But other than that there are no foreseeable problems with imported hardware like this?
    In all reality all these imported tablets use the exact same internal Components. Well the cheaper tabs use a lot of mediatek processors but they are not the worst either. The major difference is build quality really so if you find one that's cheap and reliable go for it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-15-13 10:01 AM
    In all reality all these imported tablets use the exact same internal Components. Well the cheaper tabs use a lot of mediatek processors but they are not the worst either. The major difference is build quality really so if you find one that's cheap and reliable go for it.
    No, I think you might have misunderstood me. I "come from a time" where so-called "home computers" couldn't be imported from the US as they didn't work with our UHF television sets. Later on we had the region craziness concerning DVDs. The list is longer than that, but you get the picture I assume. My question was, if a tablet imported from the US of A would face any other problems hardware wise other than the necessary mains adapter repacement when being used in Europe? I can't think of any myself, but it seems worth checking with "you guys".
    12-15-13 11:03 AM
    I do not see why it would be an issue unless your were getting a tablet with cellular data. In that case you would have to get the international model to accommodate the different network bands

Other than that you might have to use a proxy to get access to the Play stores region You want to access.

12-15-13 11:12 AM
    Other than that you might have to use a proxy to get access to the Play stores region You want to access.
    Now that is something I haven't yet considered...
    Cynycl, sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    12-15-13 11:21 AM
    Now that is something I haven't yet considered...
    Hola unlocked app works fine for me to get around that issue.

I can't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to take my tab anywhere in the world and not be able to use it...other than the charging problem

Last edited by Cynycl; 12-15-13 at 12:14 PM.
    12-15-13 11:34 AM
    you could also check out comgateway.

You can order anything from the us and have it shipped to you. No sales tax on the purchase so that helps with shipping.
    Lets do the maths for you kid?

Item:
    $45 = �28
    Shipping:
    $75 = �46 (95% USA based sites will not ship outside the USA)
    Import Tax:
    20% of �28 = �5.60

Total cost of item:

�28 + �46 + �5.60 = �79.60....?

�28 costs �79.60?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................You do the maths kid?
    castoridae and Carl Estes like this.
    12-15-13 12:18 PM
    Basic functionality should work. The features maybe a problem like app stores. PB video store is only in US and Canada, for example. If you get one of those cheap android tablets, they don't connect to play store but some other thing. Just annoyances like that.
    12-15-13 12:22 PM
    Hola unlocked app works fine for me to get around that issue.

I can't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to take my tab anywhere in the world and not be able to use it...other than the charging problem

Your tab can travel freely anywhere in the world! However a slight amendment to your status may mean you may not be able to accompany it? ha ha ha............mmmmmmmmmm I wonder who made that slight amendment? On a government computer as well that's despicable isn't it?

la la la la la la la la tral la lal la la la la
    Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    12-15-13 12:22 PM

Item:
    $45 = �28
    Shipping:
    Import Tax:
    20% of �28 = �5.60

Total cost of item:

�28 costs �79.60?

Hey, you back from X-mas shopping? What did you get me?
    12-15-13 12:24 PM

Item:
    $45 = �28
    Shipping:
    Import Tax:
    20% of �28 = �5.60

Total cost of item:

�28 costs �79.60?

Well I don't know about shipping to the motherland but it's only $25.00 to Kananiduh and you can warehouse purchases for 30 days and combine multiple orders into one shipment. They also have deals for first time users that help with that cost.

If you can't buy it local and want it that bad, it's a solution. They're also one of the 5% that ship to heathenland

12-15-13 12:26 PM

�28 costs �79.60?

This. however, doesn't seem to be such a bad deal after all,
    considering that Bacton Computers in the UK sells it for �184,99
    Attached Thumbnails Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-bacton-computers.jpg  
    12-15-13 12:29 PM
    A couple of quick questions for the Hisense ultra pro users.
    1) What Android OS are you using?
    2) Does it support OTG fully that is read and write, attachment of external hard drives, mice, keyboards?
    3) Have you been turned down on any apps from Google Play that would be available to a Nexus 7?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-15-13 12:45 PM
    I think the one they sell at Walmart only has 8 GB memory but it has an SD card for expansion.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-15-13 12:46 PM
    That's not the total problem though is it?

Whe I was in the UK I desperately wanted my Canada Goose Jacket.... Only one retailer in the UK stocks them and they only receive one shipment a year. They don't know what they are receiving, what sizes, what types of jackets or how many? I found an abundance of retailers in the USA and Canada that sold them but after three months I only found one that was prepared to ship to the UK?

On an $850 jacket the shipping was $450 and the local import tax was my responsibility?

Don't ask me why? I used to and still do import things from Switzerland, China, Russia with no problem but try to get something from the USA and WOW!

Have a look on Amazon or ebay? Mind you we are dealing with a third world country so its cheaper to fly over here 1st Class and buy it in person...........If you can understand the Spanish salesman?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-15-13 12:47 PM
    That's not the total problem though is it?

Whe I was in the UK I desperately wanted my Canada Goose Jacket.... Only one retailer in the UK stocks them and they only receive one shipment a year. They don't know what they are receiving, what sizes, what types of jackets or how many? I found an abundance of retailers in the USA and Canada that sold them but after three months I only found one that was prepared to ship to the UK?

On an $850 jacket the shipping was $450 and the local import tax was my responsibility?

Don't ask me why? I used to and still do import things from Switzerland, China, Russia with no problem but try to get something from the USA and WOW!

Have a look on Amazon or ebay? Mind you we are dealing with a third world country so its cheaper to fly over here 1st Class and buy it in person...........If you can understand the Spanish salesman?
    Still receiving those stares wearing it in Key West or do they know you as the crazy_old_man?
    12-15-13 01:02 PM
    Dear Santa I want a stupid Z10, I promise I'm a good statue and haven't showed the finger to little kids from kindergarten today..also I promise I won't put poison in your cookies this year(i don't have any..until further notice)

Posted from Blackberry Q5 via CB10
    12-15-13 01:17 PM
    A couple of quick questions for the Hisense ultra pro users.
    1) What Android OS are you using?
    2) Does it support OTG fully that is read and write, attachment of external hard drives, mice, keyboards?
    3) Have you been turned down on any apps from Google Play that would be available to a Nexus 7?
    1) 4.2.1 but there are Roms running 4.3

2) yes but I've not used that I use Bluetooth and ES File explorer for full network file access.

3) Nope. Full app access from googles and amazon
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-15-13 01:35 PM
    Still receiving those stares wearing it in Key West or do they know you as the crazy_old_man?
    Well you know what they say?

12-15-13 02:09 PM
    Well you know what they say?

So, I take that as a yes to the crazy part?
    Cynycl, sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    12-15-13 02:54 PM
    Absolutely definitely I think?
    12-15-13 03:04 PM
    Now, don't go calling him crazy, that would place perfectly respectable crazy people in disrepute.
    12-15-13 03:04 PM
    Now, don't go calling him crazy, that would place perfectly respectable crazy people in disrepute.
    Heggsactly grape.........I'm with him on that? I think......?
    12-15-13 03:06 PM
8,949 ... 218219220221222 ...