the fook is spotify .. man this is yawn saying fook .. reminds me of unfuny british and irish folks
    Honestly I have no idea.... Maybe a hipster music app? All the cool cats use songza cmon now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-11-13 05:24 PM
    So is there an easy way to check, when the virus scanning software I pay good money for every year, isn't able to get rid of it?
    Most antivirus software works the way you describe. They are great at letting you know you have a virus but seldom prevent or eliminate a virus. Norton and McAfee are two of the biggest wastes of money in the computer world. Microsoft's antivirus is as good as any and it's free.
    Determine what Trojan you have then use Google to find removal instructions. Malwarebytes will usually eliminate them but you may have to use a few methods to completely remove it.
    The sure way is to reinstall your operating system, as you said, but there is no reason to lose existing data.
    Last edited by Angus_CB; 12-11-13 at 09:03 PM.
    12-11-13 08:52 PM
    ... if you reloaded pictures and documents from a backup how do you know they aren't contaminated.
    It is a very, very unlikely to have infected data files.
    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
    12-11-13 08:58 PM
    Jumping back a few pages, about Netflix: I read on another thread that someone was using Netflix on their playbook. I've been wondering about this for a while.
    Why can't you just use Netflix straight from your playbook?
    Wouldn't it be the same as when you use it from your PC?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-12-13 07:02 AM
    Jumping back a few pages, about Netflix: I read on another thread that someone was using Netflix on their playbook. I've been wondering about this for a while.
    Why can't you just use Netflix straight from your playbook?
    Wouldn't it be the same as when you use it from your PC?
    The biggest stumbling block is Silverlight, a plug in by Microsoft that web designers use. I think it is something like flash but not sure. Netflix accessed by a PC browser will have the plug-in usually or you can install it. If you access that same page on a mobile device (PB, android, BB10, iOS), the video will not load and it will ask you to d/l Silverlight. The mobile OSs don't support Silverlight. Hence, the apps were developed. Netflix never made a PB app and the android sideload did not work. I hear that the android Netflix app does sideload onto BB10 now, tho.
    12-12-13 07:51 AM
    The biggest stumbling block is Silverlight, a plug in by Microsoft that web designers use. I think it is something like flash but not sure. Netflix accessed by a PC browser will have the plug-in usually or you can install it. If you access that same page on a mobile device (PB, android, BB10, iOS), the video will not load and it will ask you to d/l Silverlight. The mobile OSs don't support Silverlight. Hence, the apps were developed. Netflix never made a PB app and the android sideload did not work. I hear that the android Netflix app does sideload onto BB10 now, tho.
    Weird, I'll go back and see what was said. Thx.
    12-12-13 08:04 AM
    Weird, I'll go back and see what was said. Thx.
    Ah, yes, they were using a service called Playon, or something like that. You basically run the Netflix on the PC and stream it to the PB. OK for home use but not practical for travelling unless you always brought your laptop with you or you always had the PC on at home and had some kind of remote control. It is a workaround.

I've used Splashtop to mirror my PC on the PB to watch Netflix movies in bed.
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 12-12-13 at 08:46 AM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-12-13 08:20 AM
    Ah, yes, they were using a service called Playon, or something like that. You basically run the Netflix on the PC and stream it to the PB. OK for home use but not practical for travelling unless you always brought your laptop with you or you always had the PC on at home and had some kind of remote control. It is a workaround.

You should try Phone My PC, alot better IMHO, and it is not a resource hog, I got a sideload from The Baby, and it does work on the PB,
    A lot less wonky to........

c
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-12-13 08:51 AM
    Yes it works on bb10 due to the vastly vastly updated android runtime.

I personally tried everything to get Netflix on my playbook.

The person you saw probably was streaming Netflix from his computer via the flix app available in bb world for playbook

I thought that switching my browsers user agent to windows 8 would work because Netflix on computers for Windows 8 switched to html5. But that would let me browse titles but not actually watch anything. Netflix seems adept in blocking get those they really don't want viewing their service

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-12-13 08:53 AM
    This just might be 'doable' for me. My PC is in my tiny office, w/a flatpanel TV.
    How would it work - would it involve downloading Splashtop to my dinosaur PC and then how do you mirror the playbook onto both the PC and the TV?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-12-13 09:10 AM
    This just might be 'doable' for me. My PC is in my tiny office, w/a flatpanel TV.
    How would it work - would it involve downloading Splashtop to my dinosaur PC and then how do you mirror the playbook onto both the PC and the TV?
    It would be the same for either App, load onto Playbook, and then load the "companion" program (you should be given a link to go to on the pc for that) onto the pc, Reboot both PB and PC and you should be able to "see" your pc screen on your Playbook, Then just plug HDMI into PB and you are off and running.

I have used both Splashtop and Phone my PC, and I think PMP is a lot less hoggy on resources (especially if you are loading on a "older" PC, my Dell XPSM1710 is about 6/7 years old and it works fine. I have used this to throw my Amazon Prime watching stuff up on the big screen, I did have to strip out Silverlight from PC, and used Flash to play.

c
    12-12-13 09:20 AM
    mutter mutter.........never asked got replies on my videos thread problems........muttermutter...........
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-12-13 09:33 AM
    Yeah, you d/l the streamer software to your PC (note the hardware requirements).
    https://support-splashtoppersonal.sp...dows-v2-5-0-1-

and the app to your PB (a little pricy but on sale now):
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

Might be too slow if your dinosaur PC isn't at least a dual core processor .

The PC won't mirror to the TV unless you have some HDMI capability or wireless transmitting device.
    12-12-13 09:35 AM
    Yeah, you d/l the streamer software to your PC (note the hardware requirements).
    https://support-splashtoppersonal.sp...dows-v2-5-0-1-

and the app to your PB (a little pricy but on sale now):
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

Might be too slow if your dinosaur PC isn't at least a dual core processor .

The PC won't mirror to the TV unless you have some HDMI capability or wireless transmitting device.
    Wot?
    12-12-13 09:40 AM
    mutter mutter.........never asked got replies on my videos thread problems........muttermutter...........
    Well, "you never axed"....

c
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-12-13 09:42 AM
    wot?
    wot? (wot war engaged)
    castoridae likes this.
    12-12-13 09:45 AM
    Well, "you never axed"....

c
    I never did wot.........wot.......wot you sayin I never askedes...........and I is started a thread askin see?
    12-12-13 09:55 AM
    I never did wot.........wot.......wot you sayin I never askedes...........and I is started a thread askin see?
    Wot 's yo parblum luv?
    12-12-13 10:06 AM
    Wot 's yo parblum luv?
    ?????????? Wots up wiv you cat?............Just been fed or sumfin?
    Carl Estes and castoridae like this.
    12-12-13 10:18 AM
    It is a very, very unlikely to have infected data files.
    Seems I have read about infected flash drives and external hard drives. Also a common way of sending a virus by email is attaching it to an email attachment. Also any data file is useless until you open it with a program. Is it then not possible for a virus to jump on the opening program?

I may be uniformed and need instruction and I wait for that from the experts..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    12-12-13 11:01 AM
    Seems I have read about infected flash drives and external hard drives. Also a common way of sending a virus by email is attaching it to an email attachment. Also any data file is useless until you open it with a program. Is it then not possible for a virus to jump on the opening program?

Yep, I heard that a while ago, maybe 1 to 2 years ago??????If my fading memory chips still work, they all originated from PRC...

c

c
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-12-13 11:07 AM
    They say about me that I'm not social..well to fix this issue one of these days I will inject HIV �n my body.. then I will be very social with everyone.. I like the idea to leave something behind

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 11:27 AM

The biggest problem by far is popups. They ask you a question which is totally innocent and there is a YES/NO response box. You select no thinking that's the end of that and in actual fact it doesn't matter which you choose the simple act of responding authorises the download? Simple eh? The coder can make the question read whatever he wants it to read. It still basically says "RESPOND BY SELECTING EITHER YES OR NO TO REQUEST THE DOWNLOAD OF MY VIRUS TO YOUR PC" oh and I am not responsible because you requested it?
    dphjeff, Carl Estes and jpash549 like this.
    12-12-13 11:56 AM
    well carl's shopping has finally paid off. Hisense sero pro 7 with a $2.99 app caled Avia can now send almost any media from a dlna server or local media from the tablet to the chromecasty device. Works like a charm. No more wires for downloaded media. While its doing that you can put the tab into sleep mode or use as usual with zero issues.

Hey black rim berry�...... get a clue and try your damndest to catch up to two years ago.

Thanks again for the setup Carl, it is what I expected it would be.

My playbook works good for sending audio to the Bose Soundlink though.
    12-12-13 02:17 PM
    well carl's shopping has finally paid off. Hisense sero pro 7 with a $2.99 app caled Avia can now send almost any media from a dlna server or local media from the tablet to the chromecasty device. Works like a charm. No more wires for downloaded media.

Hey black rim berry…...... get a clue and try your damndest to catch up to two years ago.

Thanks again for the setup Carl, it is what I expected it would be.

My playbook works good for sending audio to the Bose Soundlink though.
    Will check on this when I get home and get MY Hisense back from my neighbor! I take it you found this
    Avia App in the Play Store?

C
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-12-13 02:22 PM
8,949 ... 213214215216217 ...