Sad, very very sad!
    Grape, very very grape...
    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
    12-11-13 08:37 AM
    For malware, use Malwarebytes. It has never let me down. Virus scanning software doesn't seem to pick up malware very well. Free version is fine.
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Protect, Detect & Remove Malware From Your PC
    Once my virus scanner has done its probably last run through the system, Malwarebytes is the next thing on my "to do" list...
    12-11-13 08:42 AM
    For malware, use Malwarebytes. It has never let me down. Virus scanning software doesn't seem to pick up malware very well. Free version is fine.
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Protect, Detect & Remove Malware From Your PC
    Malwarebytes is good. I don't use Norton or Macaffee, resource hog.
    I use Windows Defender, Windows Malicious software Removal tool, Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Malware Bytes.
    I run them once a week, no issues, ...

c
    12-11-13 08:44 AM
    I use Windows Defender, Windows Malicious software Removal tool, Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Malware Bytes.

c
    Oh let me think? Are they all free downloads? Shame on you member!!!!!! Fork out lots of dollars for God sake! Do you not know the rules of engagement?
    12-11-13 08:50 AM

c
    I get away with all free stuff. Avast, AVG, or Comodo. I'm a cheap grape...
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    12-11-13 08:51 AM
    Oh let me think? Are they all free downloads? Shame on you member!!!!!! Fork out lots of dollars for God sake! Do you not know the rules of engagement?
    Not everyone has the US government backing them up....
    12-11-13 08:53 AM
    I get away with all free stuff. Avast, AVG, or Comodo. I'm a cheap grape...
    But sensible that's why your a knight?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-11-13 08:53 AM
    But sensible that's why your a knight?
    I'm a baronberry per the beaver...
    12-11-13 08:56 AM
    Let me explain: yesterday a piece of malware called a "Trojan Horse" found its way past my computers protection. My virus scanner did NOT alert me when it happened, it merely started giving warnings later on, claiming it had found and deleted it, for the warning only to keep up popping up again and again. Which, for one thing, means I must go shopping for a better virus scanner, and I probably will have to reinstall my system from scratch, losing valuable data (and equally valuable time).
    But miss_morgana phrased it way more poignantly...
    Just download from piratebay AVG 2014..

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:59 AM
    FREE, FREE, FREE !!!!!

c
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    12-11-13 08:59 AM
    Most virus infections are non detrimental (unless you are a multi $M business) and most if not all can be removed by yourself. It is impossible to prevent therefore save your cash and learn how to remove them. Most users couldn't even run an expensive registry cleaner without rendering their device useless! At best Norton, Mcaffe and all the rest only excel at slowing performance down to impossible speeds.

I don't know what are you lot like.
    I love your brain, big kiss on it

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:00 AM
    Hirazi, perhaps your pc isn't full of viruses..perhaps that crap Mc caffee or whatever saw an. Exe extension..use AVG..if you want I can share My full activated AVG via dropbox with you..

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:02 AM
    Just download from piratebay AVG 2014..

Posted via CB10
    Very good but most downloads from pirate Bay contain their own virus/Malware within them. Once again well done?
    12-11-13 09:02 AM
    Very good but most downloads from pirate Bay contain their own virus/Malware within them. Once again well done?
    No they don't?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:07 AM
    No they don't?

Posted via CB10
    Ok?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-11-13 09:12 AM
    So is there an easy way to check, when the virus scanning software I pay good money for every year, isn't able to get rid of it?
    What OS are you running? There are certainly virus removal programs available or perhaps it would be easier to take the machine somewhere.

S*O*M's suggestion of replacing the hard disc sounds good but you would have to reinstall the operating system and if you reloaded pictures and documents from a backup how do you know they aren't contaminated.

Do you know how and when the virus entered your system?

What security program are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-11-13 09:17 AM
    Originally Posted by sad_old_man

More like a $25.00/session "Vendor" during Mardi Gras..............

You'll get something.......Usually more that what you bargained for......A "Gift" that keeps on giving.....

Oh well, you get the idea..

c

c
    12-11-13 09:18 AM
    Ok?
    Fine?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:21 AM
    What OS are you running? There are certainly virus removal programs available or perhaps it would be easier to take the machine somewhere.

S*O*M's suggestion of replacing the hard disc sounds good but you would have to reinstall the operating system and if you reloaded pictures and documents from a backup how do you know they aren't contaminated.

Do you know how and when the virus entered your system?

What security program are you using?

As I stated the chances of having the type of virus where this would be non existent unless the cannibal is telling us fibs about his status in life. There is no virus that you cannot remove yourself?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-11-13 09:21 AM
    As I stated the chances of having the type of virus where this would be non existent unless the cannibal is telling us fibs about his status in life. There is no virus that you cannot remove yourself?
    True, but some are harder than others to extract, and then there is "The Root Kit", that once in a while makes the rounds.....

c
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-11-13 09:24 AM

c
    Windows Defender is of course included at least with Win 7. I had the free version of Ad Aware but they kept bugging me to upgrade and Windows Defender and Ad Aware seemed to clash so I removed Ad Aware. I also have Norton.

A couple of months back I got an email which was purportedly from my daughter and opened an attachment. I then discovered I had been phished. Pressing on the sender address I found the source. But since I opened it on my Playbook I did not contaminate my computers.

12-11-13 09:32 AM

c
    when do you find time to play with your chromecasty and Hisense Pro?

I just use antibiotics.........cures what ails ya
    12-11-13 09:41 AM
    Windows Defender is of course included at least with Win 7. I had the free version of Ad Aware but they kept bugging me to upgrade and Windows Defender and Ad Aware seemed to clash so I removed Ad Aware. I also have Norton.

A couple of months back I got an email which was purportedly from my daughter and opened an attachment. I then discovered I had been phished. Pressing on the sender address I found the source. But since I opened it on my Playbook I did not contaminate my computers.

That's one good thing about the PB, you can open if you really need to, the suspicious ones to check and verify....

c
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-11-13 09:45 AM
    when do you find time to play with your chromecasty and Hisense Pro?

I just use antibiotics.........cures what ails ya
    Oh, I make time, but right now my neighbor has borrowed/I lent it to him and he's trying out the Chromeycast thingy on his home network.
    He'll be going to Best Buy SOOOON...........
    I gotta wait til they go osale again, need another one. Kind of different in the useaga, I find myself trying to swipoe when there is no swipe!!!!

Otherwise it's good, but not the PB. I still like the hardware and fluidity of the OS as it is....PB still goto device at this date/time.

Oh yeah, glad to see your still around and not picked up by CPS.......

c

Cold up there in Kaniduh????????

c
    Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    12-11-13 09:50 AM
    Oh, I make time, but right now my neighbor has borrowed/I lent it to him and he's trying out the Chromeycast thingy on his home network.
    He'll be going to Best Buy SOOOON...........
    I gotta wait til they go osale again, need another one. Kind of different in the useaga, I find myself trying to swipoe when there is no swipe!!!!

Otherwise it's good, but not the PB. I still like the hardware and fluidity of the OS as it is....PB still goto device at this date/time.

Oh yeah, glad to see your still around and not picked up by CPS.......

c

Cold up there in Kaniduh????????

c
    Yep it's cold but the beer doesn't get warm.

Finally some apps coming for the chromecast yesterday. Rooted the Sero and have it running everything in the house and I'm quite pleased with the combo thus far. My playbooks getting less and less use by the day.
    12-11-13 09:57 AM
8,949 ... 211212213214215 ...