First contact your local law enforcement agency to report it lost or stolen.
    Second you can go to support.apple.com and remote lock it.
    Third report it to Apple to track the serial number of your device
    Forth try going to icloud find my device
    Maybe someone else with more smarts can help you better.
    1) I'm trying to call the TTC, but its constantly busy. I'm hoping that someone might have turned it in. Also, it could have fallen or been knocked onto the tracks, in which case its smashed - which I would prefer to someone keeping it
    I'm going to try to remote lock it on the apple site - I did post there, got lots of views, but not one response/suggestion, so posting here was the best solution.
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    12-02-13 11:18 AM
    Well my main email that is attached to the native email on my playbooks and the iPod (I call it 'the baby') is just my main yahoo email.
    That means when I turn on either the iPod or either playbook, the device native email automatically downloads from yahoo. Each native e-mail has keeper places and on the iPod, it has a 'drafts' file. This is where I save emails to myself that have all my passwords.

So do you mean if I change the password on my yahoo it will no longer download to these devices? But that wouldn't lock the native email so they can still read it - if they think to look in the 'drafts' file
    Did you set up the find my ipod touch on the device? Did you set password on your device? You can remotely lock the device. Did you set it up that after 10 attempts the device will wipe all data. You can also remotely wipe the data as well.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-02-13 11:31 AM
    1) I'm trying to call the TTC, but its constantly busy. I'm hoping that someone might have turned it in. Also, it could have fallen or been knocked onto the tracks, in which case its smashed - which I would prefer to someone keeping it
    I'm going to try to remote lock it on the apple site - I did post there, got lots of views, but not one response/suggestion, so posting here was the best solution.
    By no security I assume you do not have a password on your Ipod touch. I would assume all your passwords in your device is compromise. Regardless whether you will recover your device or not. The first thing you need to do is to change all passwords.
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    12-02-13 11:40 AM
    Fiftylessly , post it on the correct forum? Shame on you Sir Duck. Remember he is not properly knighted like what you is!
    What Hirazi Blue said: This is the correct forum: This is the nothin to do with playbook hijack thread !!

So, SOM you don't even know your own thread anymore, hehehe
    12-02-13 11:51 AM
    What Hirazi Blue said: This is the correct forum: This is the nothin to do with playbook hijack thread !!

So, SOM you don't even know your own thread anymore, hehehe
    Pssst - This was never his thread to begin with.
    If anyone can claim ownership, this thread still belongs to the baby...
    12-02-13 11:56 AM
    Did you set up the find my ipod touch on the device? Did you set password on your device? You can remotely lock the device. Did you set it up that after 10 attempts the device will wipe all data. You can also remotely wipe the data as well.
    No
    The only device I put a password on was the 64gPlaybook that I took to England with me because I use it for everything.
    Horribly, I carry the iPod with me every day because I use it for games while waiting for busses, etc.
    So, I ignored iCloud when it came out, and just about everything else.
    Also, I will have to check my PC when I get home. I know that I'm registered on Apple for my original iPod classic and this one, but when I went to the site it only gave me my post today, I cannot find the registration information that should be there for both iPods. Maybe that's a good thing!

Also, the TTC will not have weekend finds until 2 pm this afternoon.
    I think this means that I will have to wait until I get home to find any info on the ipod on the Apple website.
    In the meantime, I will have to try to remember just what account passwords I haven't changed in the last few months - I'm always forgetting anything Apple, cause I never think that I really use it
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    12-02-13 12:04 PM
    Now that I think about it, you are right. Whatever is on the device will still be there. Only new stuff won't sync. I don't know if you delete out of the "drafts" folder on the PC if that deletion would sync to other devices. Best to take the safe route and start changing passwords on your accounts.
    I just tried and if your PC or PB has the same password draft email, if you delete it in Yahoo, the deletion does sync to the device. You do have to manually sync it, tho, and it will be there until the sync occurs.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-02-13 12:07 PM
    By no security I assume you do not have a password on your Ipod touch. I would assume all your passwords in your device is compromise. Regardless whether you will recover your device or not. The first thing you need to do is to change all passwords.
    Yes, I must go home first to figure out what accounts I have. Fortunately, all that info is on my playbooks. One is pswrd protected. I am doing that for the other one as soon as I get home.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-02-13 12:08 PM
    I just tried and if your PC or PB has the same password draft email, if you delete it in Yahoo, the deletion does sync to the device. You do have to manually sync it, tho, and it will be there until the sync occurs.
    Yes, but not if you stored it in the device's own 'drafts' folder.
    I also had the brilliant idea to email myself all password changes and that is the email that I saved in the drafts folder on the iPod
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-02-13 12:10 PM
    Did you try this on an iDevice?

I saved my yahoo account to my playbook desktop so that when our native email goes down, I can just call up my yahoo account. If I already read an email in our native account and then go back to yahoo and delete it, I don't think it disapppears from your playbook.

But the iPod is different, I think. You can save an email into whatever folder you want, so I sent myself emails, saved several passwords msgs in the drafts folder and these will not get deleted.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-02-13 12:21 PM
    No
    The only device I put a password on was the 64gPlaybook that I took to England with me because I use it for everything.
    Horribly, I carry the iPod with me every day because I use it for games while waiting for busses, etc.
    So, I ignored iCloud when it came out, and just about everything else.
    Also, I will have to check my PC when I get home. I know that I'm registered on Apple for my original iPod classic and this one, but when I went to the site it only gave me my post today, I cannot find the registration information that should be there for both iPods. Maybe that's a good thing!

Also, the TTC will not have weekend finds until 2 pm this afternoon.
    I think this means that I will have to wait until I get home to find any info on the ipod on the Apple website.
    In the meantime, I will have to try to remember just what account passwords I haven't changed in the last few months - I'm always forgetting anything Apple, cause I never think that I really use it
    You see this is why England is failing? They let just about anybody in the UK these days I tell you.

Anyway while your here you degenerate beaver you get on your knees while I gets my sword out and take it like a man. I will knight you properly because you are trying your best. I also like the way that you've realised that this is the only forum that crackberry needs. I'm fed up of posting in other device forums and getting no help.......hold on I don't get any help on here......anyway ignore that and prepare to become a man amoungst few men and accept your knighthood........are you still there.......I've got my swordy thing out?
    dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    12-02-13 12:35 PM
    This is the answer that I got on the Apple forum:

"- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.
    - You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.
    - If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.
    - Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police
    - There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 on the device. With iOS 7, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.
    - Apple will do nothing without a court order
    Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product :
    - iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number"

So, like I said, no iCloud, no upgrade OS. I will go home and change all passwords and see if it turns up at the TTC.
    Other than that, I'm SOL
    12-02-13 12:35 PM
    Is there a way to at least stop Yahoo mail sending to the iPod?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-02-13 12:40 PM
    The only way is to change your password.
    12-02-13 12:47 PM
    Change your password and that will stop it...........By the way are you on your knees? Your going to be a knight like the cat?
    dphjeff likes this.
    12-02-13 12:50 PM
    Is it too late to say: WAR EAGLE?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    12-02-13 01:01 PM
    Change your password and that will stop it...........By the way are you on your knees? Your going to be a knight like the cat?
    Can you knight a dame?

12-02-13 01:02 PM
    Geeez - I've been standing here waiting!
    12-02-13 01:39 PM
    The only way is to change your password.
    So, just go to my yahoo.com account and change that password? How will that stop any device, like my playbooks from downloading, since I 'allowed' yahoo access to that device?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-02-13 01:40 PM
    So, just go to my yahoo.com account and change that password? How will that stop any device, like my playbooks from downloading, since I 'allowed' yahoo access to that device?
    Because when it tries the account settings in your ipod, user name and password to commence the sync the password will be rejected. You will have to do the password change through web browser on your pb and then delete the account from the pb. set it up again with the new password and hey presto! I know this for a fact as my 16yr old son had his Samsung S3 stolen off him at knifepoint yesterday. That's why I had to fly home again.........yet again..........

Anyway I've put my swordy thingy away now so let me go and find it and I'll be back in a moment.........erm well there might be a few brandies on the way but hey, so what eh?
    dphjeff likes this.
    12-02-13 01:55 PM
    Anytime you leave your email account log in too long it will log out by itself. Also when there's a change of password of email from one device , the moment you try to use your email on another device it will log you out and get you to sign in again.
    12-02-13 02:08 PM
    Because when it tries the account settings in your ipod, user name and password to commence the sync the password will be rejected. You will have to do the password change through web browser on your pb and then delete the account from the pb. set it up again with the new password and hey presto! I know this for a fact as my 16yr old son had his Samsung S3 stolen off him at knifepoint yesterday. That's why I had to fly home again.........yet again..........

Anyway I've put my swordy thingy away now so let me go and find it and I'll be back in a moment.........erm well there might be a few brandies on the way but hey, so what eh?
    Hope your son is not too shook up by the experience.

You should have equipped him with a Rimberry device, that never would have happened........what's that they say about hindsight?.... and I'm not talking about staring at someone's hind either.
    12-02-13 02:08 PM
    Can you knight a dame?

Wot? When I gets my swordy thingy out again I'm knighting him the one with the funny red avatar not her with the knees.........oh sorry wrong thread but nevermind anyway its the beaver I'm knighting..........
    dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    12-02-13 02:13 PM

the thief was probably a gipsy
    12-02-13 02:15 PM
    12-02-13 02:16 PM
8,949 ... 194195196197198 ...