So what does that say about us? We're part of SOM's modern day Black Sheep Squadron.....
    "We are poor little lambs that have lost our way. Baa baa baa. We are little black sheep that have gone astray. Baa baa baa."
    Oooohhhh black sheep squadron!!!!! Mmmmmmmm me likes that idea. Must do some further work on that!!!!!!.....Mmmmmmmm I likes!

ps oh cool avatar by the way!
    08-21-13 06:29 AM
    So what does that say about us? We're part of SOM's modern day Black Sheep Squadron.....
    "We are poor little lambs that have lost our way. Baa baa baa. We are little black sheep that have gone astray. Baa baa baa."
    Ok gopher! Ask and they shall receive. We are born!!!!!!!!

Well not really they already existed as a us marine squadron. From what I can find out they are the really really silly ones that do what the Navy can't get any sensible pilot to do! Now don't confuse that with "they are good", instead think "they are stupid beyond belief"!
    Attached Thumbnails Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-vma-214_blacksheep_squadron_patch.jpg  
    dmlis likes this.
    08-21-13 09:30 AM
    Oooohhhh black sheep squadron!!!!! Mmmmmmmm me likes that idea. Must do some further work on that!!!!!!.....Mmmmmmmm I likes!

ps oh cool avatar by the way!
    Sheep are for counting...and.............sleep.......ing.......a hhhh......zzzzzzzzzzz.
    08-21-13 11:24 AM
    Been playing with my Chromecast and that unbelievable projector. Damn that may have been the best $300 bucks I spent. Watched Dexter and Breaking Bad last night on a 5 X 9 foot screen in hd quality. Blown away by what a projector the size of a floppy disc and about the thickness of 8 discs can do. Had it outside on the house siding and watched the Clapton MTV unplugged on youtube. Unbelievable.

The chromecast plugs into the projector and powers from the onboard USB port and I ran the whole shebang for an hour and a half without problem. The battery is rated for 2 hours but likely less than that when being used to power the Chromecast.

Having too much fun to visit the forum much.
    would it be too much to ask that you put the name and model of that projector in a private message as I'm away at the moment and will lose the info in this thread. thanks.
    08-21-13 11:38 AM
    would it be too much to ask that you put the name and model of that projector in a private message as I'm away at the moment and will lose the info in this thread. thanks.
    Stop encouraging the carpet crab!

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff and Carl Estes like this.
    08-21-13 11:46 AM

Well not really they already existed as a us marine squadron. From what I can find out they are the really really silly ones that do what the Navy can't get any sensible pilot to do! Now don't confuse that with "they are good", instead think "they are stupid beyond belief"!
    First, I am not a gopher, but a beaver; the avatar doesn't show my "six" but I am long in the tooth and flat in the tail! I'm originally from Oregon (the Beaver State) and I do woodworking too....

Do the British spell "beaver" as "boeuvre"?

Back to the Black Sheep. Colonel Gregory "Pappy" Boyington was a native of the Northwest, led one of the most victorious squadrons in WW2, and in so doing, earned the Medal of Honor and the Navy Cross.

He wrote a book "Baa Baa Black Sheep" which you might enjoy reading after cat, duck, and baby have gone to bed.

Dan
    08-21-13 12:15 PM
    Stop encouraging the carpet crab!

Posted via CB10

Carpet crab is a new one for me; they were always "rug rats" until they got old enough to go outside on their own, at which time they become "yard apes."
    08-21-13 12:22 PM
    First, I am not a gopher, but a beaver; the avatar doesn't show my "six" but I am long in the tooth and flat in the tail! I'm originally from Oregon (the Beaver State) and I do woodworking too....

Back to the Black Sheep. Colonel Gregory "Pappy" Boyington was a native of the Northwest, led one of the most victorious squadrons in WW2, and in so doing, earned the Medal of Honor and the Navy Cross.

He wrote a book "Baa Baa Black Sheep" which you might enjoy reading after cat, duck, and baby have gone to bed.

Dan
    Don't leave Oregon! We don't have beavers!!!!!!!!!! The animal variety in the UK? That term is reserved for SOMETHING else?????????????????

Anyway a beaver (animal variety) is only a posh gopher that can swim?
    Carl Estes and dphjeff like this.
    08-21-13 01:42 PM
    I was waiting for "Beavergate" to hit.

c
    cmdr_dan, sad_old_man and dmlis like this.
    08-21-13 02:08 PM

Dan
    I thought your aviator was Chucky Cheese!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 02:25 PM

Dan
    I'm only a leprechaun! I can't read!
    08-21-13 02:28 PM
    Don't leave Oregon! We don't have beavers!!!!!!!!!! The animal variety in the UK? That term is reserved for SOMETHING else?????????????????

I left Oregon long ago, moving north to play with neat aerospace things of all kinds.

Beavers are much better than gophers; we are nature's engineers, making dams and lodges by chewing down trees. We use our flat tails to shape mud too.

The pejorative British term for "beaver" is also found here in the colonies. Perhaps guilt by association with the tea drinkers?

Stan Kenton had a song years ago called "Eager Beaver". It might entertain you while you're here with the Colonist heathens.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 02:33 PM
    I'm only a leprechaun! I can't read!
    Excuses, excuses, excuses! Is that the best you have to offer to the USN's finest aviators-to-be? Perhaps there's an audio book out there, but it will be in the American dialect, and not English.
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    08-21-13 02:35 PM
    I thought your aviator was Chucky Cheese!
    I'm a little old for Chucky Cheese, although I have heard of them....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 02:37 PM
    I'm a little old for Chucky Cheese, although I have heard of them....
    You can never be to old for Chucky Cheese, they serve beer there to prove it.
    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
    08-21-13 02:41 PM
    I left Oregon long ago, moving north to play with neat aerospace things of all kinds.

Beavers are much better than gophers; we are nature's engineers, making dams and lodges by chewing down trees. We use our flat tails to shape mud too.

The pejorative British term for "beaver" is also found here in the colonies. Perhaps guilt by association with the tea drinkers?

Stan Kenton had a song years ago called "Eager Beaver". It might entertain you while you're here with the Colonist heathens.
    Certain of your native Indian tribes also used the beavers tail to whack their children with as well in the belief that they would take on the swimming abilities of the Beaver!

Just thought I would mention it. Sorry to disturb you.
    dphjeff, cmdr_dan and Carl Estes like this.
    08-21-13 02:42 PM
    Certain of your native Indian tribes also used the beavers tail to whack their children with as well in the belief that they would take on the swimming abilities of the Beaver!

I thought it was 9 cat tails.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 06:16 PM
    I thought it was 9 cat tails.
    Wasn't the cat o nine tails a British thing?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 06:40 PM

Native Indians I suspect are Indian. From India

Native North Americans mayhaps?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 06:56 PM

At least they must be familiar with black sheep beer?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 07:03 PM
    Wasn't the cat o nine tails a British thing?
    As long as the math is correct who cares? :P
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-21-13 07:34 PM

All of the British beavers (beavres?) are in Canada.
    Take a look at our nickel coin. It's behind the Queen.

Official nuthin' to do with Playbook hijack thread-can5c2006.jpg
    sad_old_man and cmdr_dan like this.
    08-22-13 04:46 AM
    All of the British beavers (beavres?) are in Canada.
    Take a look at our nickel coin. It's behind the Queen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	can5c2006.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	194616
    Behind every queen there's a beaver?
    08-22-13 06:10 AM
    Behind every queen there's a beaver?
    Bees don't have a beaver behind them?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-22-13 06:57 AM
    Bees don't have a beaver behind them?
    They got stingers. You got your B's all mix up. Your medication not wearing off yet?
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    08-22-13 07:03 AM
8,949 ... 7475767778 ...